Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

EQM Limit from Chase Mileage Plus Platinum Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EQM Limit from Chase Mileage Plus Platinum Visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Update on Chasing Chase EQM's

Originally Posted by Minnesota Bruin
Thanks, I'll try Chase's secure messaging system if MP doesn't give me a response in the next day or so.

This is indeed an odd titled thread for this question considering it has nothing to do with a platinum visa or EQM limits!
First, agreed it's an odd title, think it's used because many posters (including me) were concerned that promised EQM's weren't posting because of some 10K EQM limit.

Second - in my experience, talking to MP is a waste of time, call Chase or send Chase an email.

Third - an update to my post #35

My Chase rep. called back today, exactly as promised and exactly 1 week from my call.

This has been a continuing problem. In my case, they sent an updated request for EQM's (in my case, 5K EQM for spending $35K and 2K EQM for meeting some sort of three month spending challenge) and they should post in another day or two. (They haven't posted yet).

Commented that I was happy to see the miles and it would be nice if they tossed in a few more in view of the amount of grief caused - she said they were doing that, but didn't go into detail.

Secure email may be the best, in the sense of least time consuming, way to pursue the 5K EQM's.

Will post when they hit my account and mention what "extras", if any, are added.

REQUEST:
Would people who used the secure message route advise if there was any grief compensation (so we'll know if if is better to call or send an email).

Chase seemed last week to not be aware of the extent of the problem. It may have been clearer after the 3 way conference call (Chase, me, MP) - in any event I was thanked for bringing it to their attention.

Hope that Chase is doing this for all people in this situation, rather than just for the squeaky wheels...
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bucketlist
REQUEST:
Would people who used the secure message route advise if there was any grief compensation (so we'll know if if is better to call or send an email). ...
Over the past four years have used the secure message system twice for later/delayed EQM posting and once fo 1K fee credit. Have never received or expected "grief compensation."
Have never use the phone system, so don't know about that.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:31 am

REQUEST:
Would people who used the secure message route advise if there was any grief compensation (so we'll know if if is better to call or send an email).
Below is the response from Chase via Secure Messaging:

United is aware of this situation and we estimate that a correction will be made within the next 14 business days. As compensation for your good faith I have added 500 miles that will reflect on the next billing statement.
So 500 grief compensation miles and the blame appears to be shifted to United.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.94MM, Marriott Titanium
I got exactly the same wording back as bamboola.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 5:32 am

5 K EQM Arrived

Sometime yesterday afternoon 5K EQM's were posted.

My account still shows a post, on 1 Oct., of 5K RDM's - probably these will go away.

Still waiting for 2K EQM's due to 3 mos. credit card spend promotion - was told these would post but it's a separate transaction from the 5K EQM's for $35K spend.

A call to Chase may result in faster deposit of EQM miles but may not be worth the effort if the only sweetener for the call is 500 RDM's.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5* Gold, HH Diamond
Sometime yesterday afternoon 5K EQM's were posted.
My 5k EQMs must still be winding their way through the system.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:09 pm

5K EQMs posted today and 5K RDMs disappeared.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5* Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bamboola
Ditto for me.

FWIW, the 20th of the month is normally when I see EQM posted.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.94MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bamboola
Same happened to me this morning.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:49 pm

Puzzling Progress

About 2 days ago, got a signed letter from Chase, promising 5K EQM's and 2K EQM's.

The 5K EQM's had already posted by the time I got the letter.

I have not lost the (erroneously deposited?) 5 K RDM's (tho the year is still young). There's no longer a line item of an Oct. 1 deposit of 5K RDM's, but the total of RDM was constant.

Yesterday, another 2K RDM's posted, but no more EQM's.

Perhaps Chase sends over EQM's, either mis-characterized by Chase, or mis-received by MP, as RDM's...

As I've a letter from Chase promising the missing EQM's (only 2K are missing at this point), am comfortable letting it go another few days.

SUMMARY: 5 K EQM's received. Another 2K EQM's promised. RDM's increasing.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
This thread is confusing as different types of EQM bonuses (for United.com purchases or for overall credit card spending threshold EQM bonuses) are both mixed in the discussion. My issue is with the former type of bonus.

I have looked through my statements for the entire year and I see none of my united.com purchases as having any specific credit for eqms. Instead I see something like:

Base miles Earned on Purchases 347
United Purchases 2,355
United Purchases Bonus 4,710
Everyday Purchases 586
Everyday Purchases Bonus 586
Total miles earned this statement 8,584
I cannot find anything on the united.com activity reports that seems to match to a bonus eqm from credit card spending. I do see in the eqm summary on united.com a listing that is entitled: "Bonus for promotions and booking codes" - is this for the CC ua.com spending derived eqms?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I do see in the eqm summary on united.com a listing that is entitled: "Bonus for promotions and booking codes" - is this for the CC ua.com spending derived eqms?
Among others, yes. If you want that itemized, you have to call Mileage Plus.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Did not know MP could do that for me. Thanks for the info as I have been thinking about following up on this to make sure all EQM's have posted.

OT question: Hopefully they can also tell me how close I am to 10K miles for this quarter? As a 1K from 2010, I still receive (this year) 2 CR1's if I fly 10K miles in a quarter... I lost track with the DEQM SFO/ORD promotion.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:03 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
....OT question: Hopefully they can also tell me how close I am to 10K miles for this quarter? As a 1K from 2010, I still receive (this year) 2 CR1's if I fly 10K miles in a quarter... I lost track with the DEQM SFO/ORD promotion.
Yes you can call and ask but remember the 10K is BIS not EQMs. Relatively easy to look at your MP account online, set the date limits and sum the BIS miles.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Can MP actually tell you this. I was always under the impression that we had to track it on our own spreadsheets, like many of us already do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.