Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Revised Star Alliance Lounge Access Rules (Updated 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revised Star Alliance Lounge Access Rules (Updated 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
...I do have the employees guide to STAR Alliance, which I suppose I could pull up on the computer to prove that 1K is STAR Gold..
The 1K card says *G right on it, so that should not be a problem.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I visited the LH Senator lounge at IAD today. Once I handed her my boarding pass, the next thing they wanted was my 1K card.. I have heard how strict they are, so I already had it ready. They scanned my BP, and then swiped my 1K card... Better to have the card. I do have the employees guide to STAR Alliance, which I suppose I could pull up on the computer to prove that 1K is STAR Gold..
I'm always amazed at the posts of people describing how lounge agents didn't know the rules or bent them. I've never not been asked for my boarding pass and card. When I present just one or the other the agents consistently ask for the other. And I've never had any trouble getting in anywhere. As far as my experience goes the agents have been perfectly accurate and followed the rules strictly every time.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The 1K card says *G right on it, so that should not be a problem.
My answer was related to somebody only using a 1P/1K BP to access the lounge, not the 1P/1K card..

Originally Posted by zkzkz
I'm always amazed at the posts of people describing how lounge agents didn't know the rules or bent them. I've never not been asked for my boarding pass and card. When I present just one or the other the agents consistently ask for the other. And I've never had any trouble getting in anywhere. As far as my experience goes the agents have been perfectly accurate and followed the rules strictly every time.
I never said that the lounge agent were wrong, or bent any rules. I simply said that if I only had my 1K BP, and they would not let me in, I would see if they would accept the page from the STAR guide that says 1P/1K is STAR gold..
Old Nov 13, 2010, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
So it's a no on the senator's lounge with out the *G card, but a yes on the business lounge with the COPC card. Correct?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:21 am

I believe many of the Star Partners swipe your UA card in order facilitate the billing process. I have been told each airline bills the other when we use the lounge.

At least that is what I have been told a few times by the club staff.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Plat; Hilton; SkyMiles
My wife (UA Prem Exec and RCC member) is enroute to DFW with 2 business associates. They were, however, booked on AA by their employer. They have a 2+ hour layover, so would probably have time to make it to the Presidents Club in Terminal E. T&C for RCC says they may require a same day ticket, but does not appear to require a *A ticket. I find it unclear whether the same is true for guests, and I am unsure whether the same rules apply to the PC. Anyone know whether they will be able to get in?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Once again I don't see anything on the *A website that defines USA-Mexico as a domestic itinerary. I am going to push this issue at the SFO International RCC this weekend.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Once again I don't see anything on the *A website that defines USA-Mexico as a domestic itinerary. I am going to push this issue at the SFO International RCC this weekend.
What's the issue? *G including 1P get RCC access on itineraries to Mexico, Canada, etc. They are all international and I'm pretty sure the RCC ADMIT profile spells that out for the agent. The boarding pass scan at the RCC should handle it automatically. You do not get IFL access on these flights, which are actually booked as business class fare codes.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
North American, international or not?, for the purpose of RCC entery, there is an older bootleg copy (do not print or show to UA) og the guidleines at
RCC/ADMIT
34NI/ * * * INTERNATIONAL DEFINITION * * *
35NI/ TO OR FROM THE UNITED STATES EXCLUDING SAN JUAN
36NI/ CUSTOMERS WHO TRAVEL TO CANADA MEXICO AND
37NI/ CARRIBEAN DESTINATIONS WILL BE TREATED AS INTL AND
38NI/ CUSTOMERS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE RED CARPET CLUB
also see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...da-merged.html (and discusses Mexico)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...cc-access.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html

No IFL access for North American flights --
Tailored to the needs of international United First customers on long haul flights*, these lounges offer personalized services, complimentary Wi-Fi, hors d'oeuvres and premium beverages.

*Flights between the U.S. and Europe, the Pacific region, South America or the Middle East
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by wpclay
My wife (UA Prem Exec and RCC member) is enroute to DFW with 2 business associates. They were, however, booked on AA by their employer. They have a 2+ hour layover, so would probably have time to make it to the Presidents Club in Terminal E. T&C for RCC says they may require a same day ticket, but does not appear to require a *A ticket. I find it unclear whether the same is true for guests, and I am unsure whether the same rules apply to the PC. Anyone know whether they will be able to get in?
My understanding is that RCC members and their allowed guests get access to RCC and PC regardless of carrier. The ticket requirement is basically for access to the concourse (some airports will grant a paid lounge member a pass to enter the concourse even with no ticket, but this is not guaranteed).

See, for instance:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13018644-post111.html
Old Dec 23, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
This should not be an issue. I even got lounge access flying to St Thomas earlier this month.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum Million Miler, Lifetime Marriott Titanium
Star Alliance Lounge Guest Policy

I am *G. Ok I know the policy calls for one guest. Does this apply to family members also ? Will the SK lounge restrict my wife and kids to enter? I am traveling on a UA award with UA, SQ, and TG metal.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by 1K-DFW
I am *G. Ok I know the policy calls for one guest. Does this apply to family members also ? Will the SK lounge restrict my wife and kids to enter? I am traveling on a UA award with UA, SQ, and TG metal.
One guest only on all *G lounges.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, US/UA Gold, National Executive, Avis First, Accor Platinum
Quick question...

I lost *G last year and this is going to be my first time flying internationally without it...

I'm flying XXX-ORD-LGA-JFK-FRA in Award C. Feeder flights are UA, over the pond it's SQ.

1. Will I have access to UC at ORD?
2. I have a rather lengthy layover LGA/JFK... SQ uses the Oasis (contract lounge) at JFK. Can I use it or the LX Business lounge also/instead?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by PurduExpat37
Quick question...

I lost *G last year and this is going to be my first time flying internationally without it...

I'm flying XXX-ORD-LGA-JFK-FRA in Award C. Feeder flights are UA, over the pond it's SQ.

1. Will I have access to UC at ORD? ...
non-UA/US premiuem cabin have access only at lougnes where they are departing in premium cabin -- so only JFK. However, the JFK UC is a different terminal from SQ departures.

Originally Posted by PurduExpat37
2. I have a rather lengthy layover LGA/JFK... SQ uses the Oasis (contract lounge) at JFK. Can I use it or the LX Business lounge also/instead?
per the *A Lounge Finder
there is
LH Term 1
LX Term 4
UA Term 7

I would think as Business Class SQ would provide an invite to the contract lounge but I not aware of SQ policies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.