Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Revised Star Alliance Lounge Access Rules (Updated 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revised Star Alliance Lounge Access Rules (Updated 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:42 am

LAX-YVR in first class. *G. Access to international first class lounge?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: UA Silver, AS GM, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Access is limited to customers on long-haul flight: Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East and South America (United's website).

Looks like it needs to be updated to include Africa.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:12 am

UA RCC Star Alliance Lounge Access

Do Red Carpet Club members have trouble accessing star alliance gold lounges when flying economy on star alliance airlines. I say this because I think that UA RCC members have star alliance gold lounge access.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
RCC members have access to Star Alliance Business Class lounges - not Star Alliance Gold lounges. In some cases, they're the same, but not always. See http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/ for full details.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by JJ25698
Do Red Carpet Club members have trouble accessing star alliance gold lounges when flying economy on star alliance airlines. I say this because I think that UA RCC members have star alliance gold lounge access.
Which airport? Like so many things in the *A network... it depends.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
New RCC *Gold admit rules?

Apparently it's new. The lounge agents today have been refusing entry to the RCC in MCO to *Golds citing a new rule stating that *Golds only get entry at international gateway cities. I've never heard that one before. Anyone else experience this? If so,
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Star Alliance website says worldwide:

Star Alliance Gold Benefits

* Priority Reservations Waitlisting1 - when there aren't any seats left on your preferred flight, gives you priority should a seat become available.
* Priority Airport Standby - gives you top priority when standing-by a flight at the airport.1
* Priority Airport Check-in - allows you to check-in at the Business and/or First Class counter
* Priority Baggage Handling - like you, your bags get priority treatment and are among the first to be unloaded.
* Extra Baggage Allowance - an additional 20kg (44 pounds) or one additional piece of luggage2 which means you can check in three bags instead of two.
* Priority Boarding3 - enjoy the freedom of boarding at your convenience along with First and Business Class passengers.
* Airport Lounge Access - available worldwide for you and a friend4 when you travel with any Star Alliance member airline, regardless of your class of travel.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:52 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by prestonh
Apparently it's new. The lounge agents today have been refusing entry to the RCC in MCO to *Golds citing a new rule stating that *Golds only get entry at international gateway cities. I've never heard that one before. Anyone else experience this? If so,
The rules were changed (nearly 2 years ago) to restrict departing from local airport -- is this the rule MCO is using?
Star Alliance Gold Customers Travelling in Any Class:
Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.
Customer must present a valid frequent flyer programme Star Alliance Gold level card
Customer must also present a boarding card for a same day Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
Continental, United, and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the Presidents Club, Red Carpet Club and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.
rules change
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ess-rules.html

discussion
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Nothing indicated on the *A website. Still the same ole':

Star Alliance Gold Customers Travelling in Any Class: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.
  • Customer must present a valid frequent flyer programme Star Alliance Gold level card
  • Customer must also present a boarding card for a same day Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
  • Customer is entitled to one guest
  • Continental, United, and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the Presidents Club, Red Carpet Club and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The rules quoted above only restrict UA/CO/US *G from accessing the UA/CO/US clubs on domestic itineraties. *G from any other airline should still have access with any *A flight.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The rules quoted above only restrict UA/CO/US *G from accessing the UA/CO/US clubs on domestic itineraties. *G from any other airline should still have access with any *A flight.
I have Air Canada GOLD status and it lets me in any USA lounge of Star airline^
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
This happens periodically with new or otherwise uninformed agents. They're wrong.

My response is usually to ask them to get a supervisor because they won't otherwise budge.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
This is definitely not correct, US carrier *g's cant enter if travelling domestically in line with the access policy we all see on the website. Anyone else from another *g carrier should be able to access. I have accessed the MCO lounge a fair few times as a BD G (and a UA 1P when travelling via ORD or IAD to LHR.)
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:41 pm

I have one question. If I take the flights YVR-SEA on AS and connecting SEA-IAD on UA on the same date, do I have access to the AC MLL at YVR as *G?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Nelumbo
I have one question. If I take the flights YVR-SEA on AS and connecting SEA-IAD on UA on the same date, do I have access to the AC MLL at YVR as *G?
See the quote in post #3:

Customer must also present a boarding card for a same day Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport

AS is not operating Star Alliance flights, and your SEA-IAD flight doesn't depart from YVR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.