Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge Access in SYD" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Lounge Access in SYD" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:40 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by jd2000
Me neither, I think in fact each set of towels was wrapped together in plastic so you could be certain they hadn't been used, but they had 2 or 3 or more sets already in the shower room.
Too bad the same thing can't be said of the "wrapped" blankets on a UA flight...
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:24 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Too bad the same thing can't be said of the "wrapped" blankets on a UA flight...
I know. It's disgusting. I don't go near them except to use them as a lumbar roll so long as the blanket stays inside the plastic.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:10 pm
Liz

Programs: MP
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Huh. I never needed to get a towel from the front desk when using showers at NZ's SYD lounge.
I was given a towel by the attendant at the desk. There were no towels in the showers. However, this was last year.

Originally Posted by blueman2
Huh? Wasn't Annie there? Nothing bored or disgruntled about her! She is the best.
YMMV. I disagree.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Annie had "charm".

sometimes people don't like that charm. I missed it this trip
Old Mar 6, 2008, 9:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Liz
I was given a towel by the attendant at the desk. There were no towels in the showers. However, this was last year.
I've been visiting NZ SYD lounge for years and always towel in the showers. Admittedly lately I try to fit in a visit in the QF F lounge instead
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:25 pm
Liz

Programs: MP
I've been visiting NZ SYD lounge for years and always towel in the showers. Admittedly lately I try to fit in a visit in the QF F lounge instead
I don't know! It was nice having it hand delivered, IMO.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
My experience is the same as Liz. Up until about the middle of last year I have always asked for a towel from the front desk. They then told me at one visit that it was no longer necessary (and now there are none at the front desk)

Jeff
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Are there shower amenity kits in the shower area of the NZ lounge? Last time at the SYD RCC I was told to use handsoap.

...need to be prepared this time around if there are no kits.

Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Soap/shampoo dispensers etc but no individual amenity kits

Jeff
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by jswong
Soap/shampoo dispensers etc but no individual amenity kits

Jeff
Note to self...bring deodorant this time
Old Mar 15, 2008, 9:57 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I just had a nice convo with Annie in the Koru Club in SYD. She wanted me to post a message for all of you, mods, you can move this to the SYD RCC closing thread if you want (I couldn't find it on my blackberry)

Annie says (and I quote) she loves being out of the dungeon and really loves it up in the Koru club. She invites all FTers to stop by and say Hi when in SYD
Old Mar 15, 2008, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, so she moved over there. How... interesting.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by uva185
[SIZE=1]

Annie says (and I quote) she loves being out of the dungeon and really loves it up in the Koru club. She invites all FTers to stop by and say Hi when in SYD
I met Annie for the first time in early March on my way back from AKL on the infamous CNZ deal. What a great agent. ^^ When I mentioned FT and how I read a great deal about her she seemed to blush a little. She said she has not yet checked out FT but has had many a conversation and knows her pic is floating around the web as well.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
Annie

She was there in all her glory last week. I was first into the Koru Club off the MEL-SYD flight. Annie shouted "Here comes Melbourne". And the NZ staff said "I guess you know Annie then".

She certainly seemed to be reveling in the new enviroment.

Lurker
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: QF WP, Velocity WP, Marriott Platinum
I too visited the NZ Koru Club while transiting in SYD from MEL, and Annie was full of smiles. "Hello, Mr Ivanhoe, so good to see you again!". See really is someone who loves her job, and I can certainly say she made me feel very welcome.

Good to see that UA had the good sense to keep Annie on board with the move...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.