Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "I Need XXX EQM/EQS by Year End" Thread (Discussion and Advice) [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "I Need XXX EQM/EQS by Year End" Thread (Discussion and Advice) [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA; Delta; US Air; BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by jmcgrath
Not sure where you are located, but there are excellent fares to Europe near the end of January. That could do it!
There are great fares to Europe in January, but if you want to add a few miles to your current total to get status for 2011, you need to earn them by December 31, 2010.

To the OP, where are you located and what airport(s) can you fly out of?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by RdFltErr
It looks like I'm going to be 9,000 miles short of Premier Exec this year (I'm currently a 1K but changed jobs).

I'm spoiled from 1K now and really want to keep at least Premier Exec. Any ideas how to keep this without flying a ton more? Is a mileage run the only option? (I already have a UAL Credit Card)
Two r/t SFO-JFK trips on p.s. would get you 10344 EQMs, and 20688 RDMs..
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:32 pm

Ok, perhaps y'all can give me a hand here to reach united premiere executive. End of the year is approaching, and I've got one more flight left to book for christmas travel. I need to rack up 2690 or more miles, and all the routes I'm coming up with drop my shy by about 50 miles.

Here are the constraints I'm trying to work with:

HSV to SLC, arriving sometime between the 20th and the 23rd
SLC to SFO, arriving on the 28th -OR- SFO to SBA arriving on the 27th
SFO to HSV sometime around Jan 6, but this flight wont count for EQM.

And, for extra bonus fun, I'd really like to do this for less than $600. I'd also be willing to use miles one way for the SFO-HSV return if it helps. Any ideas on how to pull this off?

I've got the credit card app in too, but I'm not hanging my hat on that coming through in time.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by treddy
Ok, perhaps y'all can give me a hand here to reach united premiere executive. End of the year is approaching, and I've got one more flight left to book for christmas travel. I need to rack up 2690 or more miles, and all the routes I'm coming up with drop my shy by about 50 miles.

Here are the constraints I'm trying to work with:

HSV to SLC, arriving sometime between the 20th and the 23rd
SLC to SFO, arriving on the 28th -OR- SFO to SBA arriving on the 27th
SFO to HSV sometime around Jan 6, but this flight wont count for EQM.

And, for extra bonus fun, I'd really like to do this for less than $600. I'd also be willing to use miles one way for the SFO-HSV return if it helps. Any ideas on how to pull this off?

I've got the credit card app in too, but I'm not hanging my hat on that coming through in time.
Could try connecting in LAX for the SFO trip. I've done it on a MR to SFO from BWI. It adds a good bit more miles. I can't speak for the price as that's something you'll have to check out, but at least when I've done it on a transcon, the fare difference wasn't that bad, if it was there at all. Might give you enough to put you over the top.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy
Could try connecting in LAX for the SFO trip. I've done it on a MR to SFO from BWI. It adds a good bit more miles. I can't speak for the price as that's something you'll have to check out, but at least when I've done it on a transcon, the fare difference wasn't that bad, if it was there at all. Might give you enough to put you over the top.
Yeah, thats the linkup that leaves me 50 stinkin' miles short
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:39 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
ok, perhaps y'all can give me a hand here to reach united premiere executive. End of the year is approaching, and i've got one more flight left to book for christmas travel. I need to rack up 2690 or more miles, and all the routes i'm coming up with drop my shy by about 50 miles.

Here are the constraints i'm trying to work with:

Hsv to slc, arriving sometime between the 20th and the 23rd
slc to sfo, arriving on the 28th -or- sfo to sba arriving on the 27th
sfo to hsv sometime around jan 6, but this flight wont count for eqm.

And, for extra bonus fun, i'd really like to do this for less than $600. I'd also be willing to use miles one way for the sfo-hsv return if it helps. Any ideas on how to pull this off?

I've got the credit card app in too, but i'm not hanging my hat on that coming through in time.
hsv-ord-slc, slc-lax-sfo, ......
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:44 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I am short my self this year...looking at the fares, it looks like NRT-SJU r/t with an overnight stay in San Juan will do the trick to let me hit what I need...only JPY100,000 after taxes and gets nearly 20,000 EQMs. Slightly less than JPY6/mile, but not a lot of high-value options I've found.

Alternatively, I could bag one of the dirt-cheap NRT-SEA r/t's and then do some ex-SEA mileage running. Magic number is a little less than 20K in this down travel year for me.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Yeah, thats the linkup that leaves me 50 stinkin' miles short
Got an MP Visa? You get EQMs from that. That can put you over the edge. Or you could "buy" those last 1k miles with choices points.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:16 am

Have you tried SLC to SFO via DEN or SAN or SEA and even ORD? I know this sounds crazy but I guess I'm the king of crazy. Needed a mileage run to hit my 150,000 by the end of the year. Just booked a ORD to MCO and back MCO to MKE via west coast (outbound 2 stops) and east coast (inbound 4 stops) for a total of over 7,500 miles for <$400 R/T! What I have learned sometimes you have to play with the connection cities. Where as you input SLC to SFO gives you flights between SLC, DEN, SFO for one price and if you search SLC to DEN to SFO, it gives you the same flights at a different price. Good Luck!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Looks like I'll be MR'ing for the first time ever this year. I've got maybe 2 business-related flights left this year (ORD-BDL and ORD-LGA), unless something else comes up, giving me 3,032 more EQM. That will leave my 6698-3032 = 3,666 EQM short of 1P.

Currently keeping an eye out in the MR forum, but if anyone has any ideas out of ORD (I might even make the trek to MKE if the price/miles are right), I'm all ears.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K
20 miles short of 1K

That's where I'll stand on Dec 15th.

Do I MR or send a begging email!?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:54 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by ivoryboi

20 miles?? That poor planning on your part!! If you are that close, it would be a shame if UA decides to pull a fast one on you. Anyway, can you add a segment to your upcoming itinerary or route to a different coterminal to get you over the hump? I am in the camp of playing it safe so that I won't be at someone's mercy.

LAX
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by ivoryboi

Call 1K M+ and in 2 mins you get your 1K
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:59 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by karung99
Call 1K M+ and in 2 mins you get your 1K
That the right thing to do if only 20 miles short.

LAX
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:59 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I would be confident about getting it, plus who knows, a little irregular ops and a reroute in Y class or just a longer routing and you're set.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.