Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "I Need XXX EQM/EQS by Year End" Thread (Discussion and Advice) [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "I Need XXX EQM/EQS by Year End" Thread (Discussion and Advice) [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2010, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by user999991
There is a triple miles promotion right now and it reads like all triple count for EQM.
If you're talking about this promo (MPD990), it's RDM only.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...c-sfo-lax.html
Old Oct 5, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
There is a triple miles promotion right now and it reads like all triple count for EQM.
Not a good MR option anyway. Only the highest fares are eligible for the triple. Your could actually run 3 trips on cheap fares for less than a single trip in the high fare classes.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Anyone have suggestions out of DCA/IAD?

Needed: 38,000 EQM
Time: Flexible
Available: 10 SWUs to make it easier....

So far best I'm finding is two IAD-SIN W roundtrips at around $1600 a pop. 7-8 west coast hops would be cheaper, but significantly more painful.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA1K
Hello FT,

I'm looking to book my first MR where I need to earn 6300EQM in the next 2 weeks. I'll be traveling to Australia until late Dec and my only option there is to fly Air New Zealand. I'd have to check with my work to see how the visas work out there as I'll be in Oz on a 90 day work visa.

In any case, I'm looking for a MR that can net me 6300EQM from the DC before October 22ish. I can fly out of BWI, DCA, and IAD. I'm looking for a same day return. Flying IAD-LAX would leave me about 1300 EQM short. I'm trying to fit in something like BWI-ORD-SFO-SBP-LAX-BWI, but I'll still be slightly short and not sure if I'll have enough time at SBP...with only 30 mins between there. I'm running out of time to book this so any suggestions or tips on finding a good MR would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by kcip; Oct 6, 2010 at 4:29 pm
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Originally Posted by kcip
Hello FT,

I'm looking to book my first MR where I need to earn 6300EQM in the next 2 weeks. I'll be traveling to Australia until late Dec and my only option there is to fly Air New Zealand. I'd have to check with my work to see how the visas work out there as I'll be in Oz on a 90 day work visa.

In any case, I'm looking for a MR that can net me 6300EQM from the DC before October 22ish. I can fly out of BWI, DCA, and IAD. I'm looking for a same day return. Flying IAD-LAX would leave me about 1300 EQM short. I'm trying to fit in something like BWI-ORD-SFO-SBP-LAX-BWI, but I'll still be slightly short and not sure if I'll have enough time at SBP...with only 30 mins between there. I'm running out of time to book this so any suggestions or tips on finding a good MR would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
bwi-lax-sfo-sea-sfo-lax-bwi $329 Oct. 19. unfortunately requires one red-eye. Can be had with only a single connection for more (before Oct 22) or about the same (a little later than Oct 22). about 6700 EQM not counting 500 mile min., so say 7000.

EDIT: BWI-SFO-SEA-LAX-BWI 6400 EQM $356 leaves enough time for a leisurely meal at SEA or you could take the train into town for an hour or so (cutting it a little fine, but doable).

EDIT Again: actually don't go into town. kinda too short.

Last edited by fanger; Oct 6, 2010 at 6:01 pm
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by fanger
bwi-lax-sfo-sea-sfo-lax-bwi $329 Oct. 19. unfortunately requires one red-eye. Can be had with only a single connection for more (before Oct 22) or about the same (a little later than Oct 22). about 6700 EQM not counting 500 mile min., so say 7000.

EDIT: BWI-SFO-SEA-LAX-BWI 6400 EQM $356 leaves enough time for a leisurely meal at SEA or you could take the train into town for an hour or so (cutting it a little fine, but doable).

EDIT Again: actually don't go into town. kinda too short.
The red eye is fine. October 19th is good, I'll be leaving for Sydney on the 22nd, so this would be perfect. I'm new to this MR stuff, so a few questions:

1) how did you find this? i've been looking through fare compare trying different city combinations...nothing remotely close to this.

2) how would i book this?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
The red eye is fine. October 19th is good, I'll be leaving for Sydney on the 22nd, so this would be perfect. I'm new to this MR stuff, so a few questions:

1) how did you find this? i've been looking through fare compare trying different city combinations...nothing remotely close to this.

I'll expand on/change up fanger's routing:
Depart Oct 19
BWI-SFO-SEA-SFO-LAX-ORD-BWI
Arrive back at BWI Oct 20

$328 including tax. It is essentially an RT to SEA. LAX-ORD is the redeye. Decent layover in SFO on the way out. Hefty layover in LAX just before the redeye. 6681 EQM according to FlyingFish.

I found it by doing a multi city search all on Oct 19. BWI-SEA, SEA-LAX, LAX-BWI as the three legs.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I'll expand on/change up fanger's routing:
Depart Oct 19
BWI-SFO-SEA-SFO-LAX-ORD-BWI
Arrive back at BWI Oct 20

$328 including tax. It is essentially an RT to SEA. LAX-ORD is the redeye. Decent layover in SFO on the way out. Hefty layover in LAX just before the redeye. 6681 EQM according to FlyingFish.

I found it by doing a multi city search all on Oct 19. BWI-SEA, SEA-LAX, LAX-BWI as the three legs.

thanks for all the help. i've gotten it to go through using multi city. my first couple attempts gave me an error for not having enough time between cities. thanks for the patience .
Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL

I use ITAsoftware. Look in the stickies in the Mileage Run Discussion forum.

You can book the above flights using multicity on UAL.com. It will complain about the connection times, so you will need to go in and select the right flights. You can also book a round trip between BWI and SEA on 10/19 and it will present you with a list of possibilities for the returns and outbound, but they may not add up to 6400. You need to go through LAX or SFO or both in each direction to make it. If the options don't include LAX or SFO then you will have to use multicity. Good luck.

PM me if you need details

EDIT: To expand on how I found the particular route, just fyi, I know that SFO-IAD RT is 4838 miles and SFO-BOS RT is about 5400 miles and that to get 6000-7000 I usually need to do some kind of "L" shaped trip, i.e. transcon+1 or more hops up and down the coast. Given your starting point, SEA and PDX were the most likely candidates, connecting through SFO and/or LAX would be best bet. Knowing that, it was a simple ITA search.

Last edited by fanger; Oct 6, 2010 at 9:59 pm
Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by fanger
I use ITAsoftware. Look in the stickies in the Mileage Run Discussion forum.

You can book the above flights using multicity on UAL.com. It will complain about the connection times, so you will need to go in and select the right flights. You can also book a round trip between BWI and SEA on 10/19 and it will present you with a list of possibilities for the returns and outbound, but they may not add up to 6400. You need to go through LAX or SFO or both in each direction to make it. If the options don't include LAX or SFO then you will have to use multicity. Good luck.

PM me if you need details

EDIT: To expand on how I found the particular route, just fyi, I know that SFO-IAD RT is 4838 miles and SFO-BOS RT is about 5400 miles and that to get 6000-7000 I usually need to do some kind of "L" shaped trip, i.e. transcon+1 or more hops up and down the coast. Given your starting point, SEA and PDX were the most likely candidates, connecting through SFO and/or LAX would be best bet. Knowing that, it was a simple ITA search.
Ended up going with BWI-SFO-SEA-LAX-ORD-BWI for $329ai w/ the 10% e-cert. It works out pretty well as I have family in SFO and have worked quite a bit in SEA. I neglected using the multi-city search as the one time I tried multi-city, it was very expensive. That was with a few days between cities though.

Thanks again. Had you not responded I probably would have ended up booking something for ~5k EQM and then having to do another short MR toward the end of the year to get the rest. I'll hit 1k by 22 miles .
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:36 am

Ended up going with BWI-SFO-SEA-LAX-ORD-BWI for $329ai w/ the 10% e-cert. It works out pretty well as I have family in SFO and have worked quite a bit in SEA. I neglected using the multi-city search as the one time I tried multi-city, it was very expensive. That was with a few days between cities though.

Thanks again. Had you not responded I probably would have ended up booking something for ~5k EQM and then having to do another short MR toward the end of the year to get the rest. I'll hit 1k by 22 miles .
Nice itinerary for me, too. With an outstanding $350 cert will get me very close to what I need.

Another way to get extra miles I've found is to book legs out of DCA and BWI on CO (IAH). IAH not a bad airport to spend a few hours, esp. if you are RCC member. Nice shower there.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K
Another way to get extra miles I've found is to book legs out of DCA and BWI on CO (IAH). IAH not a bad airport to spend a few hours, esp. if you are RCC member. Nice shower there.
Yes, good way to get extra miles. I'm flying SJC-LGA soon and it's only 2400 or so miles through DEN (UA) but 3000 through IAH (CO).

This merger is risky territory for mileage runners, though. All UA/CO are promising is to get me from one airport to another at something close to the scheduled time. If they choose to substitute another route through each other's hubs, with alternate stopovers, some people might come up short. (I would fight to get the miles I was booked for, though).

Fortunately, I'll be 1K soon enough. (10/15 if all goes right)
Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP, TK Gold, Bonvoy Titatium
I am based in HK and need 21719 EQM more to get 1K.

any suggestion on MR trip?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:05 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I have just figured out that my booked travel through the end of the year will net me 59 1/2 segments!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I have just figured out that my booked travel through the end of the year will net me 59 1/2 segments!
need a segment to go irrops or VDB and rebook into Y

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.