Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 5:33 pm

Surprised...

I'm very surprised that you did not get any compensation.
As I mentioned before in this post, I received 9,000 award miles for not getting a priority tag on my baggage.
I look forward to finding out what they offer you....
Old Nov 19, 2011, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by cl.lurker
I emailed them briefly while at GRU, but no reply so far (other than the automated do-not-reply message).
For your situation, I'd actually recommend calling 1K Customer Relations. More likely to get somebody who understand your situation, as opposed to a boilet plate email with $250..
Old Nov 19, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
For your situation, I'd actually recommend calling 1K Customer Relations. More likely to get somebody who understand your situation, as opposed to a boilet plate email with $250..

From my understanding of how all these work it is the CSR or agent or computer person who compiles these that generates the response. it is up to them whether they send it to you with a choice or just pick an option and give you that option.

it is a shame but one does not always get to pick the comp for the diservice
Old Nov 19, 2011, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
From my understanding of how all these work it is the CSR or agent or computer person who compiles these that generates the response. it is up to them whether they send it to you with a choice or just pick an option and give you that option.

it is a shame but one does not always get to pick the comp for the diservice
Nobody said that we get to pick the type of compensation. However, the OP is more likely to get an agent that actually understand the issue. Let's face it, do you actually think a person reads each and every email sent to 1K/1P/2P/GM voice? I doubt it.. More likely, they've got a program to scan the email and send compensation based on the severity of the issue and status of the traveler.. Perhaps some get routed to a real person, but I'd bet that most are done through the comp.

As I said in my original post, talking to an agent can lead to a better outcome. The OP said that they paid for a Z fare, but they flew in Y.. That better get more than $250.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: their are many of them
As I said in my original post, talking to an agent can lead to a better outcome. The OP said that they paid for a Z fare, but they flew in Y.. That better get more than $250.
I misread that.... My bad......... To the OP you need to call and request a downgrade kit. State the situation, the 9000 miles are to get you to be quiet and i place emphasis on the deservice and u booked a business class ticket. This should have been handled at the gate but it sound like it was not

They should have been issued a downgrade Kit...... you should insist upon downgrade kit...... i would not accept 250 cert in this case
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Nobody said that we get to pick the type of compensation. However, the OP is more likely to get an agent that actually understand the issue. Let's face it, do you actually think a person reads each and every email sent to 1K/1P/2P/GM voice? I doubt it.. More likely, they've got a program to scan the email and send compensation based on the severity of the issue and status of the traveler.. Perhaps some get routed to a real person, but I'd bet that most are done through the comp.
I disagree with this. I highly doubt any airlines would invest a significant amount of money into a program to scan compliment/complaint emails and just spit back an auto-response. I firmly believe that CS does go through each email (hence why it takes SO long to get a reply) and they decide if they want to throw in an e-cert into the reply. Granted, there are bound to be pre-made replies that an agent can simply just copy/paste into a reply to respond to the generic issues. The fact that you can call and get routed to an actual person at 1K CS is proof that the CS department is there to handle situations, and by relation, all emails.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm, so if I just learn the key words for the best compensation......? Just kidding
Old Nov 20, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Skacorica
$150 for 9 hours of no IFE is kind of crappy imo, thats a long time with no IFE.
1K in International Business, no IFE, no electricity, no lights, no call buttons, no nothing, and it was $250. Domestic only.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: UA-1K; Marriott Platinum; National Emerald Exec Elite; Avis President's Club (whoopdidoo)
Customer Relations Award Miles - related to ORD high winds on Friday?

I was one of thousands caught up in the ORD high winds travel mess on Friday, Nov 18. My flight left DCA 1+ hour late and I rebooked the connecting flight I knew I was going to miss in ORD before leaving DCA. I had a long layover but eventually made it home ok.

When I checked my MP account this a.m. to confirm I my miles were posted (they were), I also had an entry with miles for Customer Relations Bonus Miles dated 11/19. Coincidence? I can't think of any other reason than for my travel inconvenience but perhaps I'm not aware of other reasons.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:27 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by airchick
I was one of thousands caught up in the ORD high winds travel mess on Friday, Nov 18. My flight left DCA 1+ hour late and I rebooked the connecting flight I knew I was going to miss in ORD before leaving DCA. I had a long layover but eventually made it home ok.

When I checked my MP account this a.m. to confirm I my miles were posted (they were), I also had an entry with miles for Customer Relations Bonus Miles dated 11/19. Coincidence? I can't think of any other reason than for my travel inconvenience but perhaps I'm not aware of other reasons.
Chances are that's what it's for and keep your eyes out for a "we're sorry" e-mail with a reference to your flight and confirming the miles deposit as that's what has happened to me in the past.

Also, see this thread as well: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...on-merged.html
Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
As another data point, I had a near 2 hr delay as well...flights posted but no bonus miles that have been posted (yet).
Old Nov 20, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA EC gold UA gold—MM Hilton Diamond Hertz Presidents Circle
Angry

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
I disagree with this. I highly doubt any airlines would invest a significant amount of money into a program to scan compliment/complaint emails and just spit back an auto-response. I firmly believe that CS does go through each email (hence why it takes SO long to get a reply) and they decide if they want to throw in an e-cert into the reply. Granted, there are bound to be pre-made replies that an agent can simply just copy/paste into a reply to respond to the generic issues. The fact that you can call and get routed to an actual person at 1K CS is proof that the CS department is there to handle situations, and by relation, all emails.
Recent experience of my wife and I (both 1K) suggests this is (sadly true). Our situation -- flights LHR/KOA connex via ORD cancelled (mech) rebooked 24 hrs later!. No apology e-mail/no compensatory offer. Contacted 1K voice who eventually replied to say "sorry -you have now been given 15000 miles in recompense". I wrote back asking if apology e-mails+ choice of "goodwill " had ceased and was told that "the award miles credited were intended to provide you with a chance to experience the service you deserve. I hope you will accept it in the spirit in which we have intended"!! Suggests to me that the decline in CS continues
Old Nov 20, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cheltenhamflyer
Suggests to me that the decline in CS continues
You are absolutely correct.

Welcome to FT!!!!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, SPG Plat
I was on a LAX->SYD flight on Friday night that got diverted to Honolulu due to a faulty radar system. We landed in HNL around 3am local time. Given crew rest requirements, we were not able to leave again until ~11:30pm. Everyone was provided a hotel room, meal and taxi vouchers, and an option of one of the following:

a) 30,000 miles
b) $600 United voucher
c) 20% off any ticket
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Cool

...More likely, they've got a program to scan the email and send compensation based on the severity of the issue and status of the traveler.. Perhaps some get routed to a real person, but I'd bet that most are done through the comp...
Hmmm... Have to say then that I'm with Baze @1042. @:-)

"Half humor; whole serious..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.