FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).
Old Nov 20, 2011, 3:05 pm
cheltenhamflyer

Programs: BA EC gold UA gold—MM Hilton Diamond Hertz Presidents Circle
Angry

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
I disagree with this. I highly doubt any airlines would invest a significant amount of money into a program to scan compliment/complaint emails and just spit back an auto-response. I firmly believe that CS does go through each email (hence why it takes SO long to get a reply) and they decide if they want to throw in an e-cert into the reply. Granted, there are bound to be pre-made replies that an agent can simply just copy/paste into a reply to respond to the generic issues. The fact that you can call and get routed to an actual person at 1K CS is proof that the CS department is there to handle situations, and by relation, all emails.
Recent experience of my wife and I (both 1K) suggests this is (sadly true). Our situation -- flights LHR/KOA connex via ORD cancelled (mech) rebooked 24 hrs later!. No apology e-mail/no compensatory offer. Contacted 1K voice who eventually replied to say "sorry -you have now been given 15000 miles in recompense". I wrote back asking if apology e-mails+ choice of "goodwill " had ceased and was told that "the award miles credited were intended to provide you with a chance to experience the service you deserve. I hope you will accept it in the spirit in which we have intended"!! Suggests to me that the decline in CS continues