Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by danville 1K
Be careful what you wish for. PMCO was very consistent, they never gave you anything. Most likely post merger UA, given their management structure, will adopt the old CO rules.
Agreed. I've had some issues this year and I've been decently compensated by PMUA when I've actually brought them to their attention. I'd much rather have that than nadda.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by PATRLR
...only after some significant whining did they agree to combine the 75 and 150 into one $225 e-cert...
I'm sorry - but why did you want that?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Skykit comp for non-reclining F seat on domestic short-haul mainline flight. Choice of:

$100 ecert
7000 Miles
10% ecert
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:11 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Firewind
I'm sorry - but why did you want that?
The only opportunity I have to use the certificates is for personal travel and I'd be lucky to fly UA once for personal travel, let alone twice. As it is, I'm not so sure I'll even get a chance to use the $225.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Maybe it's a privilege, maybe it's because the woman/guy behind the counter knows me, but they always just say, "Give me what you've got!" I never thought twice about it. Anyway, I give them however many certs it takes. Since I never get them in larger denominations than $100, and I don't use them on < $100 flights, it always takes multiples.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:42 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Skykit comp for non-reclining F seat on domestic short-haul mainline flight. Choice of:

$100 ecert
7000 Miles
10% ecert
That appears to be the new norm for 1k's as I rec'd the same thing (and my flight was a SFO-BOS!)
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Inconsistency w/o a doubt. I emailed about a similar seat issue and received just an apology. I wonder if it's simply about whoever answers the email at 1KVoice vs. a standard compensation tier.

In general, is there a FT-preferred method to go about informing UA about any in-flight or ground issues where one might desire compensation? 1K Voice, the form online, or calling?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:38 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by demkr
In general, is there a FT-preferred method to go about informing UA about any in-flight or ground issues where one might desire compensation? 1K Voice, the form online, or calling?
Best is to get a skykit from the FA or purser.

Second best IME would be a short and to-the-point note (preferably with a suggestion for how they could improve and not just a complaint) to 1K Voice.

The online form is useless without a skykit serial # or the crew or ops having flagged the flight for compensation.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by exerda

Second best IME would be a short and to-the-point note (preferably with a suggestion for how they could improve and not just a complaint) to 1K Voice.

The online form is useless without a skykit serial # or the crew or ops having flagged the flight for compensation.
I would feel kind of awkward-but have people had success asking for a skykit from the purser? I have had some tech problems on board a few recent flights but have never been given an apology cert. Is it something you need to/should ask for in these situations?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 9:24 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by demkr
Originally Posted by exerda

I would feel kind of awkward-but have people had success asking for a skykit from the purser? I have had some tech problems on board a few recent flights but have never been given an apology cert. Is it something you need to/should ask for in these situations?
Don't feel awkward at all and ask away (and you don't have to ask the Purser as you can inform any of the F/a's of your issue and ask them for a customer appreciation form)

Last edited by goalie; Dec 22, 2011 at 12:22 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Exactly. I use discretion when I inform the FA's (i.e., I don't inform them of dirty seats, etc.,) but when the FA came around to take my drink orders, I let him know my seat wasn't reclining. He came by as we were landing and gave me a skykit.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver
Got a message from UA Customer Service after about 3 weeks (...), apologizing for a 18 hour delay due to rebooking to the next day on Nov27/28, flying PIT-IAD-FRA originally and eventually PIT-ORD-FRA. They said I will receive a certificate via mail without saying anything about the amount. Nevertheless, I appreciate it!
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
4.5-hr delay (mechanical) on PEK-SFO
Compensation forms offered onboard prior to takeoff and in an email received during flight.
GS, Z-fare offering:
$250 domestic voucher, or
10,000 miles, or
10% off systemwide

Then missing my connecting 3.5-hr domestic flight, I was booked on a later flight with a downgrade to coach (due to no F availability), arriving 4 hours later than my planned itinerary. 9,000 miles appeared in my account the following day.

Keeping in mind that I was travelling on paid A-fare for the domestic portion, due to the international business class itinerary, I thought the downgrade would be worth more. 9K miles seems a little low to me. Any thoughts or comparisons?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Skykit for broken audio jack on a recent flight.

as a 1K,

$200
$10 system-wide
9K miles

Took the $200 ^
Old Dec 25, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Skykit for broken audio jack on a recent flight.

as a 1K,

$200
$10 system-wide
9K miles

Took the $200 ^
Seriously? I feel like I run into that issue 15% of my flights. I was on a CO flight where the movie crapped out the last 30 minutes. Nothing. I was delayed 2 hours because of a mechanical issue. Nothing. I need to start complaining...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.