Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
As this thread has mentioned many, many times before, compensation goes by status. As you do not have status with UA, the computer is providing you with the correct compensation. If you feel as though you should have received more, feel free to contact UA customer relations, and state your case.
Yes, but a $7k full-fare Business Class ticket deserves more than $50 no matter what status. Im CO Platinum (I know that means nothing to UA yet), but there should be a place to enter ticket number/class of service unless UA doesnt care about earning new customer, full-fare business. If that's the case, then compensate based solely on status all you want UA.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:56 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
As this thread has mentioned many, many times before, compensation goes by status. As you do not have status with UA, the computer is providing you with the correct compensation. If you feel as though you should have received more, feel free to contact UA customer relations, and state your case.
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Yes, but a $7k full-fare Business Class ticket deserves more than $50 no matter what status. Im CO Platinum (I know that means nothing to UA yet), but there should be a place to enter ticket number/class of service unless UA doesnt care about earning new customer, full-fare business. If that's the case, then compensate based solely on status all you want UA.
Looks like UA knew you were a CO elite so they compensated you based upon CO standard compensation Oh, wait, if they'd based it on CO compensation standards all you would have gotten was a note saying thank you for writing to us.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
I think it is actually a good thing that UA customer service could not tell exactly how many ecert we have in our MP account.

Ecert is money one can spend on UA ticketing. If one doesn't care to keep track of it, no one else could help. Sorry!

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
As I'd mentioned somewhere earlier, I phoned UA and got tossed around, disconnected, and generally got no help whatsoever with what I thought was a simple question- what was the expiration date on one of my e-certs.

I wrote [email protected] and, 14 days later, get a reply. First sorta chastising me for writing customersolutions instead of the proper 1P address (um, guys, I still don't have my 1P card...) and then telling me sorry, I only had one e-cert showing. As a token of their appreciation they gave me a $50 e-cert.

Sigh. I *do* have a second (I guess now a third!) e-cert, which I finally located info for, so they didn't even have that much correct. This time I walked the talk and immediately did what I suggest everyone here does. In your cellphone, under your United entry, there's likely a place for noted. That's where I put my e-cert number and expiration date. Keeps it handy in a place I can easily find.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by lax2010
I think it is actually a good thing that UA customer service could not tell exactly how many ecert we have in our MP account.

Ecert is money one can spend on UA ticketing. If one doesn't care to keep track of it, no one else could help. Sorry!
OK, my mind is admittedly a bit dull right now after just getting in from a couple of hours on my bicycle in cold rain and a bit of ice & snow. By choice. This was one morning where my wife is right to suggest that I'm nuts. Anyway, you'll have to elaborate on why you believe it's a good thing that UA can't tell us about our e-certs. For the customer, I don't see the downside. For UA, sure, it improves spoilage (unredeemed e-certs) which helps their bottom line. But what's in it for me?

As a lowly 2P, I probably wouldn't have made a post that's all-about-me. But now that I'm a combination of former Bold 1K and present Humble 1P, forgive me for being a bit confused.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:05 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
@Mike, there should be a link to click for viewing the terms and conditons of the Ecert, and you might then be able to see the expiration date on this page. Otherwise, I would try calling 1P web support an asking them whether they can research this for you.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Flying UA619 DCA-ORD on Thursday, the Purser accidentally spilled a glass of Coke Zero on me as he leaned across to the lady beside me. He was very apologetic. Gave me a towel/cloth to dry myself off and wipe the seat. No biggie at all. Stuff happens. I forgot about it. Then about ten mins later, he comes back and gives me a card and apologizes again. It was 'customer appreciation' card with a reference number on it. I was very surprised! Went to the RCC at ORD, and logged onto the .bomb page and was offered three choices: 9000 MP miles, $200 e-cert or 10% E ticket worldwide. Way generous in my book!! I took the e-cert .
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
OK, my mind is admittedly a bit dull right now after just getting in from a couple of hours on my bicycle in cold rain and a bit of ice & snow. By choice. This was one morning where my wife is right to suggest that I'm nuts. Anyway, you'll have to elaborate on why you believe it's a good thing that UA can't tell us about our e-certs. For the customer, I don't see the downside. For UA, sure, it improves spoilage (unredeemed e-certs) which helps their bottom line. But what's in it for me?

As a lowly 2P, I probably wouldn't have made a post that's all-about-me. But now that I'm a combination of former Bold 1K and present Humble 1P, forgive me for being a bit confused.
For some of us, we are actually afraid that the CSR could tell (themselves) from our MP record how many ecert we currently have and thus will give us no more!

In your case, they can only tell (themselves) that you only have 1 ecert (while you actually have two) so they gave you one more.

So, in my case, I am hoping that they could not tell (themselves) from my MP RECORD that I already have 10 outstanding ecert's in my account. Thus, they may be able to give me one more ecert when I call them to find out when my ecert will expire because I have not done a good job in keeping track of my ecert's. Hope I clarify my comment and sorry that I may have upset you.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Scone Man
Did you ask for it or did they email you? I had a 6 hour delay yesterday (not 757 related), but an MX.

Thanks,
Jay
Don't suppose you were on UA 306 on Tuesday? Anyway, I was and was offered 15,000/$350/20% for the 6 hour delay. Took the $350. I did get an email, but they mentioned on the flight that you could just go to united.com\appreciation and put in your flight number and date.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
For some of us, we are actually afraid that the CSR could tell (themselves) from our MP record how many ecert we currently have and thus will give us no more!
I am guessing customer service knows how many have been issued to you already and that is probaby more important when determining if they give you anymore than how many you have unused.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since

In your case, they can only tell (themselves) that you only have 1 ecert (while you actually have two) so they gave you one more.

So, in my case, I am hoping that they could not tell (themselves) from my MP RECORD that I already have 10 outstanding ecert's in my account. Thus, they may be able to give me one more ecert when I call them to find out when my ecert will expire because I have not done a good job in keeping track of my ecert's. Hope I clarify my comment and sorry that I may have upset you.
Ah, got it!!! You believe it's a benefit that UA doesn't have its act together enough to keep track of e-certs for their own nefarious purposes, because if they did, they might use that to detect patterns and set limits. Makes sense. But I don't think we should depend upon continued benefit from inadequate IT, nor should that keep us from asking for useful things for ourselves.

Not sure why you thought I was offended by anything, by the way. Very tough to offend me! You can try, but I doubt you'll succeed where others have failed.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by Michilander
Did you ask for it or did they email you? I had a 6 hour delay yesterday (not 757 related), but an MX.

Thanks,
Jay
Don't suppose you were on UA 306 on Tuesday? Anyway, I was and was offered 15,000/$350/20% for the 6 hour delay. Took the $350. I did get an email, but they mentioned on the flight that you could just go to united.com\appreciation and put in your flight number and date.
I wasn't on that flight--it was an RJ700 that apparently "came down a little heavy on the nose gear"--I submitted at /appreciation this afternoon.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by Michilander

Thanks,
Jay
I wasn't on that flight--it was an RJ700 that apparently "came down a little heavy on the nose gear"--I submitted at /appreciation this afternoon.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 18, 2011 at 2:04 am Reason: merge
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
received $200 e-cert for 3 hours delay due to mechanical on Feb 7.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I was on UA 6643 today BUR-SFO connecting to JFK. 15-20 minutes into the flight, the plane(RJ-200) made a rapid descent and then the Captain made an announcement that we were losing cabin pressure and would have to return to BUR. The flight ended up being cancelled. I had to take a taxi to LAX ($97) to get on a flight to JFK. I received an email while I was still in the air offering 10k miles, 250 e-cert, or 20% off systemwide. I took the 20% offer.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 3:00 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

Got two sky kits for various disturbances on my last trip. I chose the 7,000 Miles each time.

How long do the Miles take to post on our Mileage Less acounts? I had them put in 7 days back.

Still waiting.

Old Feb 20, 2011, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
My last three took precisely 14 days to post, almost to the hour.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.