Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I thought the appreciation form online offered immediate compensation...when does the site offer it right away and when does it say to wait to hear back from UA? What is the trigger for each?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I thought the appreciation form online offered immediate compensation...when does the site offer it right away and when does it say to wait to hear back from UA? What is the trigger for each?
If you don't enter a serial number from the form, it usually will delay the processing.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I entered the serial numbers from my recent appreciation cards, and it still took precisely 14 days to get the miles that I selected. Maybe if I had selected another option, it would have processed more quickly.

Bruce
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I entered the serial numbers from my recent appreciation cards, and it still took precisely 14 days to get the miles that I selected. Maybe if I had selected another option, it would have processed more quickly.

Bruce
14-day sounds about right for mileage postings; didn't know SkyTeam777 was waiting to hear back from UA for mileage posting. I probably misread SkyTeam777's post.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lax2010
14-day sounds about right for mileage postings; didn't know SkyTeam777 was waiting to hear back from UA for mileage posting. I probably misread SkyTeam777's post.
Im not, Im actually hoping UA will offer me an e-cert, but havent had a chance to go to the site and enter the info yet. I do have the serial number (but I have a feeling that depends on whether or not the agent entered the info for that serial number, right?)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:37 am

Significant Other was offered a $75 E-Cert for not having loaded her vegetarian meal. She is a general member, was flying using an upgrade ORD-LGA. She filled out the online comment form (Not through /appreciation). Response time was 10 days.

$75 is like peanuts, but hey its a good gesture on UA's part.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: United 1K
$800 quick compensation

Two weeks ago, on a Sunday, flying ORD-SFO, volunteered off first flight, which was way overbooked. Agent put me on flight leaving in two hours. Arrived at that gate, new agent immediately told me the original agent mistakenly took seats she shouldn't have - creating an overbooked situation on my new flight. Offered to volunteer again, was third person to volunteer, took another $400, and was put on a 777 2 hours later. $800 for 4 hours. Not bad...
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Im not, Im actually hoping UA will offer me an e-cert, but havent had a chance to go to the site and enter the info yet. I do have the serial number (but I have a feeling that depends on whether or not the agent entered the info for that serial number, right?)
If you have the form and the serial number, just log into the site to get your ecert or other options. Not sure what you are asking anymore!?

Did you entered the serial number and it said to wait and they will get back to you for compensation options?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA No staus, HHonors Gold, SPG none, Hyatt-none
about 3 weeks ago, LAX-LHR, seat would not recline, received customer appreciation form, opted for $150 e-certificate.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Interesting. As a 1K on a flight of similar length I was offered 9k miles/10% off cert/$200 off cert for an NC seat with inop seat controls

I was a little miffed given that reading light and broken tray table folks get almost as much... interesting to see status at play

I've always wondered if there are mutiple pads the SkyKits come from (say, a "minor" pad for smaller disservices and a "major" pad where the latters' serial #s generate more generous outcomes...) Or is there just one pad?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:46 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
UA 6, p.s. flight, audio visual inop. While in flight on Gogo received an e-mail with a link to the customer appreciation site.

The site accepted the data from the first two screens, but wouldn't take me to the next page to select compensation. The next day an e-mail came in with a $250 certificate, noting the site had denied me access to select compensation.

I'm not sure if I got compensation for not having A/V on the flight, or for not being able to choose the compensation for not having A/V on the flight.

Either way it was appreciated.

Last edited by danville 1K; Feb 13, 2011 at 10:56 am Reason: Typo
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Has anyone else looked closely at the T&Cs of e-certs now? I got a skykit today on my p.s. flight (12) SFO-JFK due to inop power port. Thankfully there were only 8 of us in C and a whopping 30 total on the aircraft so I was able to hop to another seat. FA was so sweet and proactively gave me a skykit and bottle of wine for the original error.

Just went to the appreciation site and saw that if the $150 e-cert is chosen (note: another example to add to the pile about how compensation has dropped across all elite levels) it now says in bold that reservation must be ticketed AND traveled by 2/12/2012. I clearly remember T&Cs stating that e-cert just had to be ticketed within one year...not traveled.

Last edited by weirdlyndon; Feb 12, 2011 at 9:49 pm Reason: add picture
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
it now says in bold that reservation must be ticketed AND traveled by 2/12/2012. I clearly remember T&Cs stating that e-cert just had to be ticketed within one year...not traveled.
Not a change. All e-certs I've ever received have had the same ticket/travel by date.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Not a change. All e-certs I've ever received have had the same ticket/travel by date.
Yup, the official T&Cs have always said book and fly by date, but in reality, only need to ticket by the expiration.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Got 30,000 bonus miles for being delayed 23 hours on a LAX-SYD leg due to MX. Ticket was in C. We were stuck on the plane until 130am and then told to come back the next night at 9:30pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.