Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

October 29, 2010 - One-Way Star Alliance Awards Are Now Available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

October 29, 2010 - One-Way Star Alliance Awards Are Now Available

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA .75K, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I was told the same thing twice in the last week by UA. one-way *A awards starting 10/29. still have not seen any announcements officially.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by cjares
I was told the same thing twice in the last week by UA. one-way *A awards starting 10/29. still have not seen any announcements officially.
Will be looking out for this...what a great potential improvement ^
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
So does this mean US Air will start offering one way award travel? or is it only on *A that already have existing one way awards already?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by yuel
So does this mean US Air will start offering one way award travel?
You'd have to ask that in the the US forum. This thread is specific to Mileage Plus only.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You'd have to ask that in the the US forum. This thread is specific to Mileage Plus only.
We i guess I mean to say is, one way award wont be allowed on US less US changes their award travel to allow one way awards, on hoping someone here knows something the US that havent publicly announced, like changes to their award travel, and theres been no mention of any changes in the US forum.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yuel
We i guess I mean to say is, one way award wont be allowed on US less US changes their award travel to allow one way awards, ....
Not sure that is a necessary condition. I can now do a award trip with just one segment on US using MP miles. No reason MP can not offer that segment alone regardless of US DM award rules.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by TPacific
Also, it would be possible to make changes to Star Awards after the outbound flight, even on other partners besides UA. If true and implemented right, this is a welcome change.
For me, this would be a much bigger enhancement than one-way awards. ^ I've flown UA far too often on premium-cabin awards when better partner options opened up in the days before the flight, but was unable to make the change as the trip had already commenced.

Of course, you can get most of the way there by booking RTs as two one-ways, so even if they don't make this official it would be my motivation for using the one-way option.

Last edited by Erasmus; Oct 21, 2010 at 10:06 pm
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:39 pm

Did anyone ask if it will be on all carriers or just on US and CO?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by gomike
I asked because I thought it would just be extension of their Star Alliance Award feature on UA's website. The answer seemed to be all carriers.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by gomike
You're trying to get clarification on something that hasn't been announced yet?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:32 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You're trying to get clarification on something that hasn't been announced yet?
Amen! Relax people NOBODY knows right now. I would think in the next week we will know. Chill for now as any answer wouldn't be anything for than a guess until an announcement happens. Being excited is good however realize you won't get any clarification until announcement time.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Bye-bye stopover.

For all those dancing in the streets, get a clue, and think about the last time that United gave us something without taking some bigger back.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by hobo13
Bye-bye stopover.

For all those dancing in the streets, get a clue, and think about the last time that United gave us something without taking some bigger back.
Well, in point of fact, the rollout of one-way awards on UA metal is one case. If you book a RT on UA metal only, you still get your stopover, or you can book two one-ways if you so desire.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Well, in point of fact, the rollout of one-way awards on UA metal is one case. If you book a RT on UA metal only, you still get your stopover, or you can book two one-ways if you so desire.
We really have no idea until it's announced. UA may go the way of AA and eliminate stopovers on RT when one-way awards are allowed.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
One way Star Alliance award flights?

I just wanted to confirm this with people 'in the know' here. I called up MP today to book a one way award ticket from BOS-YYB (knowing full well that it was going to cost me the same 25k miles as a return flight) but the sales assistant said that if I can wait a few days that UA will offer one way award tickets on ALL *A carriers from 29th October onwards, therefore it will cost 12.5k miles. Can someone confirm this info to be true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.