Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by garaba2
I had an existing Signature card but with no annual fee and only 2miles per $1 and still apply for this to give it a shot. I was approved on the phone, received the card, did the purchase and got the statement but NO 50,000 bonus . And I just received a letter saying that I didn't get the bonus because it's for new members only.
Well, all I can say is that there isn't a lot of consistency in how they handle these.

I have had many different UA MP Chase cards over the years, including one just like this offer. I figured what the heck, it was worth a try (I have great credit and am not worried about the very small ding). I applied shortly before the offer closed, over the phone, was approved instantly. Card came, I used it immediately. Today the 50,000 miles posted. My wife also applied 24 hours after me, but her statement hasn't posted yet, so if I get the miles, I'm confident she will.

I don't suppose they will come back later and take the miles back, no? I've heard of people getting denial letters (like yours - sorry to hear that) but don't think I've heard of them actually taking miles back after they've been posted (have they?). I have my home mortgage with Chase, have held some of their cards for many years, so maybe that counts for something. Beats me. Seems like there's some randomness involved here with this game. But this *does* make me more loyal to United, so if that's their purpose, it's working.

Next step: that Continental card for 30K more miles....
Old May 21, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Next step: that Continental card for 30K more miles....
I opened chase onepass mc for 25k, plus up to 15k more at 5k per authorized user you add. Also hit up Chase for 25k for personal checking and 25k for business checking with linked onepass debit cards on those new accounts.

I applied for and have received the chase onepass mc, after getting the 50k mp visa last month. Have to wait and see when the 40k bonus posts to my onepass account.

Bring on the merger!
Old May 22, 2010, 2:18 am

anyone have a link for a UA business card 50k promo? thnaks. I have a mileage plus card already so i prtobably cant get the regular card even though i closed my card. has anyone cancalled and then received miles again? different address? or change my united mileage plus # tell what to do FT! thanks
Old May 22, 2010, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by garaba2
I had an existing Signature card but with no annual fee and only 2miles per $1 and still apply for this to give it a shot. I was approved on the phone, received the card, did the purchase and got the statement but NO 50,000 bonus . And I just received a letter saying that I didn't get the bonus because it's for new members only.
Same thing here. I knew it was a long-shot but thought I'd try. Sent an email protesting decision to no avail.
Old May 22, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
Something's wrong with the webpage... I too have this issue.

There's also no field to enter your address which seems kinda weird.
Anyone figure out how to get the page to work? The name and address sections are missing in the page that gets rendered.
Old May 22, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Is one of your existing UA cards the same as the 50k promo? The basic one with a $60 annual fee? I wonder if that may be it, or if anyone has gotten a bonus for the same 'type' of cards.
1 plat, 1 standard, applied for standard to get 50K. Good thought.
Old May 23, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
Has anyone been approved or received an e-mail that applied from the link when it appeared to work on May 19?
Old May 23, 2010, 1:34 pm
RNE

Going to Get Any Better Than 30K?

The 50K deal is gone. The 30K deal is on the table. My just becoming a new M+ member makes me ask what the recent history of Chase's M+ offers have been? I narrowly missed the 50K deal. I don't want to miss the next best. But I also don't want to pull the trigger now and preclude getting a better deal. I'm figuring the airline merger is going to mean a "merger" of Chase's CO- and UA-branded cards too. I already have a CO-branded Chase CC, and they'll probably convert that into a M+ card come the merger, which means I won't qualify to get another M+ card. That tells me I should go for the 30K sooner rather than later. But, again, if something better is apt to appear...well, you know.

Realizing you don't have a crystal ball, but what's your speculation on near-future M+ credit card offers from Chase?
Old May 23, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
RNE, have you found a 30000 mile offer with no annual fee for the first year? If so, you should seriously consider doing it now. If the only thing you've found is 30000 with the $60 fee, that feels pretty ordinary to me, and I would see no need to jump now.

By the way, if you have found a 30000 with no fee, please post the link. I would like to pass it on to a friend.
Old May 24, 2010, 2:38 am

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Still a 50K bonus application link up on May19:

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...p.do?SPID=CY8S
Okay, I've sorta fixed this application link. As best I can tell, it was never meant for "virgin" signups; it was always expecting the information to be pre-populated. To fix this, I have enabled the Chase.com login section. Once you login to your Chase.com account, your personal information will be pre-filled and you should be good to go.

To install the fix, get Firefox and Greasemonkey and install this script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/77496

Disclaimer: I was able to login to my account and see my personal information show up, but I didn't submit it (I don't need another one of these...), but it should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

Edit: Clearly it's too late at night for me to be reading FT. The easy fix is to login to your Chase account at https://www.chase.com/. After you get to the My Accounts screen, follow this link: https://applynow1.chase.com/FlexAppW...p.do?SPID=CY8S

No Greasemonkey hack required. Sometimes the best fixes are the ones that don't require code.

Last edited by unavaca; May 24, 2010 at 2:47 am
Old May 24, 2010, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by unavaca
Okay, I've sorta fixed this application link. As best I can tell, it was never meant for "virgin" signups; it was always expecting the information to be pre-populated. To fix this, I have enabled the Chase.com login section. Once you login to your Chase.com account, your personal information will be pre-filled and you should be good to go.

To install the fix, get Firefox and Greasemonkey and install this script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/77496

Disclaimer: I was able to login to my account and see my personal information show up, but I didn't submit it (I don't need another one of these...), but it should work. Let me know if it doesn't.
Hahha. Unavaca: you're a genius. I've already signed up but I love your little JS tricks. First with the hold feature and now this...
Old May 24, 2010, 3:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Thanks, unavaca! Do you have a link for non-Chase card member? I don't have an account with them, but I would love to open this credit card for the 50k promo.

Thanks!
Old May 24, 2010, 7:40 am
RNE

Originally Posted by unavaca
The easy fix is to login to your Chase account at https://www.chase.com/. After you get to the My Accounts screen, follow this link: https://applynow1.chase.com/FlexAppW...p.do?SPID=CY8S
Thank you! I was able to apply. However, I did not get an instant acceptance. (I have a stellar FICO, but I do have other Chase cards—though not a M+ card and never have had one—so I suppose I should qualify, unless Chase thinks I have too many Chase cards in general. All balances are paid in full every month, mind you.) Is the response I received (below) typical of others' experiences applying for this offer online? Or is it indicative of a, ahem, "problem"?

Thanks for Applying

We have received your application. Our analysts are currently reviewing your application, and our goal is to notify you within 10 days of this application. Notifications are usually sent within this time, but in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days for processing.
Again, thank you, unavaca!
Old May 24, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by uclasfo
Thanks, unavaca! Do you have a link for non-Chase card member? I don't have an account with them, but I would love to open this credit card for the 50k promo.!
I don't; sorry. Someone with more time than me could fix the HTML (or find a promo code that is "configured" for virgin signups), though.

Originally Posted by RNE
Thank you! I was able to apply. However, I did not get an instant acceptance. (I have a stellar FICO, but I do have other Chase cards—though not a M+ card and never have had one—so I suppose I should qualify, unless Chase thinks I have too many Chase cards in general. All balances are paid in full every month, mind you.) Is the response I received (below) typical of others' experiences applying for this offer online? Or is it indicative of a, ahem, "problem"?
Call a credit analyst and have them see why it's stalling. It's helpful to know in advance which one of your existing Chase cards you're willing to close and/or take credit line from if they ask you to do so.

888-245-0625
Old May 24, 2010, 10:57 am

great idea, problem is i want to open separate account for wife to get the miles and this prefills to me...i already have the card and the miles, i wanted to get more and in he name

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.