Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Agreed. I was thinking of reapplying as well, when the link was taken down. Oh well. I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities for these types of offers. Chase seems to be a free flowing source of big bonus miles these days.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 5:49 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Happy
...apply using the prefilled method - at least we would get a chance to receive either a card or a Dear John - far better than a completely lost opportunity.
That's the way I applied; there was no other way to apply. The form wouldn't submit unless it was pre-filled. And then even that was pulled. Anyway, just because I applied doesn't mean I will get a letter. Especially not if I applied after the offer was withdrawn—regardless if the form still worked or not. (I really don't know when the offer was withdrawn.) But I still expect to get a letter one way or another. It hasn't been two weeks—much less 30 days! If I missed the deadline, so be it. If I don't hear anything, so be it. I took my best shot. No regrets here.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RNE
The automated system (800-432-3117. Press # and then 1) not only knew I had applied for the card but it also knew the very date I applied. There is NO WAY the application is not in Chase's system. Maybe, just maybe the rep I talked to is right. Maybe? Now, if you want to apply twice or twenty times, go ahead.

My worry is different. I'm not sure I applied before the offer was withdrawn. Therefore I, and others in the same boat, may be out of luck. But I know Chase has my application, so I, for one, am not going to bother to reapply.
Originally Posted by RNE
That's the way I applied; there was no other way to apply. The form wouldn't submit unless it was pre-filled. And then even that was pulled. Anyway, just because I applied doesn't mean I will get a letter. Especially not if I applied after the offer was withdrawn—regardless if the form still worked or not.

The offer is official withdrawn already if you have to use the prefilled method to apply. It is just so obvious, how would you not sure WNEN did you apply?

According to deant, who re-applied using the prefilled method, the lending dept does see his application when he called using the direct number. But of course that is being singled out and frown upon by you!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:18 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Happy
The offer is official withdrawn already if you have to use the prefilled method to apply. It is just so obvious, how would you not sure WNEN did you apply? According to deant, who re-applied using the prefilled method, the lending dept does see his application when he called using the direct number. But of course that is being singled out and frown upon by you!
Let me clarify.
  1. I am sure when I applied.
  2. I am not sure when the offer was withdrawn.
  3. I applied only once.
  4. I applied on May 24 by first logging into my Chase account and then going to the offer's link, thus my address info was pre-filled. I filled out the rest of the form and pressed submit. Chase received my application.
  5. I am neither singling out nor frowning upon contacting Chase. I have done so myself (more than once) and don't disparage anyone for doing so. It can't hurt.
As I said all along, it's possible I (and others) applied too late and Chase will either not consider or outright reject our applications for that simple reason. However, Chase may consider late entrants and may approve them. Don't know. In any event, I saw no risk in applying when I did and taking my chances. I definitely did not, however, see any merit in applying again and again and again when the online system verified receipt of my application and the date it was received.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:36 am

good point!

Originally Posted by RNE
Let me clarify.
  1. I am sure when I applied.
  2. I am not sure when the offer was withdrawn.
  3. I applied only once.
  4. I applied on May 24 by first logging into my Chase account and then going to the offer's link, thus my address info was pre-filled. I filled out the rest of the form and pressed submit. Chase received my application.
  5. I am neither singling out nor frowning upon contacting Chase. I have done so myself (more than once) and don't disparage anyone for doing so. It can't hurt.
As I said all along, it's possible I (and others) applied too late and Chase will either not consider or outright reject our applications for that simple reason. However, Chase may consider late entrants and may approve them. Don't know. In any event, I saw no risk in applying when I did and taking my chances. I definitely did not, however, see any merit in applying again and again and again when the online system verified receipt of my application and the date it was received.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
I'm having problems getting the 50k.

Does anyone have a copy of the 50k offer from when it was online?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:07 am

darn, applied online by opening an account for my wife with chase, checking, now chase says they have no record of the online app for the visa\

darnit...now dont know what options there are, guess i could get her 30k miles but that isnt enough for what i want to do
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Miles posted for my wife, thanks OP!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA, BA, WN CP, CO, AK, LH, DL, UA, VS, SPG, IHG, Hyatt, Hilton, Carlson, Fairmont Lifetime Plat
May 19 application

I received this card in April and my 50,000 miles shortly thereafter. My wife applied for this card on May 19. As with many others, her application is recognized by Chase Customer Service, but not the Lending Dept. We spoke with Lending yesterday and provided the exact time that the application was filed (from our screenshot). Lending said they will research; has anyone had any luck with these May 19 apps? Is there a way to provide information to Chase to help out the process (they didn't want the screenshot)?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Nothing has changed for me. Maybe I'll call back and a customer service rep will take more notice, since it's been about a month at this point.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
My 50k miles just posted.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by tima1212
I received this card in April and my 50,000 miles shortly thereafter. My wife applied for this card on May 19. As with many others, her application is recognized by Chase Customer Service, but not the Lending Dept. We spoke with Lending yesterday and provided the exact time that the application was filed (from our screenshot). Lending said they will research; has anyone had any luck with these May 19 apps? Is there a way to provide information to Chase to help out the process (they didn't want the screenshot)?

I am still pending. I applied on May 24.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:44 am

I called and asked about the 50k promo, and the man on the phone walked me through applying online. Online it said 30k but he assured me he would change it to 50k for me. Needless to say, 30k posted today, not 50k. So now I am having a heck of a time trying to get back ahold of him (they have no direct extensions, so all anyone can do is just email him to call me). He "Promised" I would get the 50k and he would make it happen.. yet everyone else is saying I only get 30k. Sigh.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ooodsie
I called and asked about the 50k promo, and the man on the phone walked me through applying online. Online it said 30k but he assured me he would change it to 50k for me. Needless to say, 30k posted today, not 50k. So now I am having a heck of a time trying to get back ahold of him (they have no direct extensions, so all anyone can do is just email him to call me). He "Promised" I would get the 50k and he would make it happen.. yet everyone else is saying I only get 30k. Sigh.
I'm sure when applying you agreed to the terms and conditions of the offer (in this case the 30K) so I doubt you'll have any luck saying that "the agent on the phone promised me 50K)
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:51 pm
RNE

Got my rejection letter from Chase today; it was mailed June 12 (says from Reading, PA, but the meter's zip code is 19713) Anyway, figure first class mail delivery time from Delaware to you and you'll know approximately when to expect your Dear John letter (assuming Chase mailed them all at once)—not that you want to receive it. That's it folks.

June 11, 2010

Dear RNE:

Thank you for your interest in our United Mileage Plus program. An application was recently submitted in your name through an application channel designed for response to a specific offer that required a code for processing. Your request did not contain the appropriate code and, therefore, could not be processed.

If you are interested in obtaining a credit card account, please visit our website directly at www.Chase.com for the most current offers and terms available.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused and we thank you for your interest in our credit products and services.

Last edited by RNE; Jun 14, 2010 at 2:22 pm Reason: Added date of letter and place of mailing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.