Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 9:35 am

HELP

just created chase checking acct for wife so as to get her the 50K miles, what do I do next? exactly, please, step by step...i opened that link in a different window but no address area and her name not prefilled
Old May 25, 2010, 9:37 am

How do you submit

I tried the login and URL, but the page just has 3 check box questions, my United # and no way to proceed with the application. Any advice? thanks.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by crollner
I tried the login and URL, but the page just has 3 check box questions, my United # and no way to proceed with the application. Any advice? thanks.
I got mine, i simply had her new account open in my google chrome browser and then i clicked on that link from this page and it opened a new tab, about the 4th time i did it her prefilled info appeared

once you see that, you are set to go...

Last edited by randys1; May 25, 2010 at 9:50 am
Old May 25, 2010, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by randys1
I got mine, i simply had her new account open in my google chrome browser and then i clicked on that link, about the 4th time i did it her prefilled info appeared

once you see that, you are set to go...
I just did it for my wife, no problem. it worked as detailed. When I log into For me, I just get the 3 questions, not the complete page. So maybe it depends on your Chase account? Same computer, but one account it works and the other I get an incomplete page.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
two times i have tried to fill that page in and both times it bleeps me and tells me i havent completed it completely and i have...too bad
same here
Old May 25, 2010, 10:03 am

Admittedly dumb question, but I dont wanna make a mistake:

Wife and I each have our own United Mileage Plus accounts, right now I have 52,000 miles in mine (50K of which from this promotion) and she has 900 miles...

I think I have successfully applied for her so she will soon have 50,000, lets hope and assume for the sake of this question...

At which point we each have 50k miles, approx...in my original Chase Visa account i have 76,000 points, i can redeem 6000 pts for 5000 miles and 30,000 pts for 25,000 miles, so if i redeem 25K twice and 5K twice I will have total of 60,000 miles in 4 certificates, right? (i have done this in the past, I know I can I just wasnt sure if when I do redeem them do they only apply to my united acct or are they just certs that can be applied to any united acct)

The 4 certificates can be applied to/added to/given to ANY United mileage account, right? therefore I could give 30K to my account and 30k to hers so that we now have a total of 80k each, right?

Now, I go to get two tickets to Maui, standard award, 80K each, assuming i do these one after the other i should be able to book two seats next to each other and have two itineraries, right? the only problem would be if I booked seat 14A and by the time i booked her seat 14b was gone, but if I did it early on a weekday or something should be no problem, right?

have i forgot anything?
Old May 25, 2010, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by psyflyer
same here
keep trying, have the account open in one tab and keep trying to open that in another...it should work
Old May 25, 2010, 12:28 pm
RNE

how did she apply? did she already have a chase account of some kind?
That's a good question. My wife had no Chase accounts at all. (She did have a non-airline affiliated Chase credit card that she cancelled two years ago.) I advised her to attempt to log on to her Chase account and, lo and behold, it was still active! She then put the URL in the browser's address bar and Voilà!
Old May 25, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA G
Yup, any Chase.com login should be good, even if it's for a dead card. The only purpose behind logging in is to pre-fill your name/address/etc. information. Since this form was never intended to be filled out by hand, these items were never exposed as form fields.
Old May 25, 2010, 12:44 pm
RNE

payment posted today and so did the miles, that is fast...
...I have 52,000 miles in mine (50K of which from this promotion)...
May I ask how fast that was? What date did you apply for the 50K M+ card? What date did the miles appeared in your account?
Old May 25, 2010, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
May I ask how fast that was? What date did you apply for the 50K M+ card? What date did the miles appeared in your account?
applied on a sunday, and they didnt run my credit that day so i wasnt immediately approved ( my credit score is 796 and I owe nothing and have a 6 figure income, i was annoyed when i didnt get instantly approved, i found out the reason was i had a chase visa with a $48,000 limit on it and they didnt want to increase it, they didnt tell me that till I called them, so i had them issue new one for half that amount and they reduced exsisting one to that also), took about 2 weeks to get approval and card, then i bought something, i made a payment on the card BEFORE the first billing cycle closed and that didnt do it, but i made a payment on the day the billing cycle closed and that same day the miles appeared...
Old May 25, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Strange things are going on with this app. I applied on May 19th using the online app (not prefilled, but before they changed the page), and have been checking using the automated system pretty much every day - which says that it was received on the date I applied and I'd be notified in writing of the decision in 2 weeks. After they tell you that info, there's an option to talk to a rep, who also confirmed that my application was still pending and there's nothing she could do.

I was getting tired of waiting around, so today I called the direct number to a credit analyst, who couldn't find the app after searching in every way possible (SS, name, other Chase card). She was very confused about why one system would have the app on record and her's didn't, but didn't really have any suggestions other than to reapply and call back after 48 hours to the direct line to make sure that they received it. I'll have to give it another try....hopefully if the app never made it to the analysts, they didn't do a hard pull on the CR yet, so it won't show up on there twice. Good thing the online app is still around - hopefully this one will get submitted?
Old May 25, 2010, 3:52 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by dinosims
I was getting tired of waiting around, so today I called the direct number to a credit analyst, who couldn't find the app after searching in every way possible (SS, name, other Chase card).
I don't know what direct number you called, but I just called 888-245-0625 and asked about my application. The rep told me their system cannot see the apps for up to two weeks after applying online. That may be why your rep couldn't find it even though it's there.
Old May 25, 2010, 4:01 pm

I am guilty of over thinking and over analyzing everything, best thing to do is apply and forget about it for 2 weeks, life is short...
Old May 25, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by RNE
I don't know what direct number you called, but I just called 888-245-0625 and asked about my application. The rep told me their system cannot see the apps for up to two weeks after applying online. That may be why your rep couldn't find it even though it's there.
I called 888-270-2127, and the rep there told me that they can see the apps 24-48 hours after the app is submitted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.