FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion
Old May 20, 2010, 9:00 pm
nwflyboy

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by garaba2
I had an existing Signature card but with no annual fee and only 2miles per $1 and still apply for this to give it a shot. I was approved on the phone, received the card, did the purchase and got the statement but NO 50,000 bonus . And I just received a letter saying that I didn't get the bonus because it's for new members only.
Well, all I can say is that there isn't a lot of consistency in how they handle these.

I have had many different UA MP Chase cards over the years, including one just like this offer. I figured what the heck, it was worth a try (I have great credit and am not worried about the very small ding). I applied shortly before the offer closed, over the phone, was approved instantly. Card came, I used it immediately. Today the 50,000 miles posted. My wife also applied 24 hours after me, but her statement hasn't posted yet, so if I get the miles, I'm confident she will.

I don't suppose they will come back later and take the miles back, no? I've heard of people getting denial letters (like yours - sorry to hear that) but don't think I've heard of them actually taking miles back after they've been posted (have they?). I have my home mortgage with Chase, have held some of their cards for many years, so maybe that counts for something. Beats me. Seems like there's some randomness involved here with this game. But this *does* make me more loyal to United, so if that's their purpose, it's working.

Next step: that Continental card for 30K more miles....