Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:05 pm

Stuck out in my attempt. The Mileage Plus rep was reluctant to transfer me to Chase because she saw I already had a card. Once she did, she gave the Chase rep the heads up that I have the card. Started to get 20 questions from the Chase rep asking me to "name the card I already have." None of the names I gave fit what she was looking for. I don't understand the point of the question as she had all my info in front of her. Eventually gave up as I wasn't getting anywhere.

Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, but I don't understand how other current cardholders managed to get in on this one.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:24 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
another 50k mile offer good through June 7th via snail-mail

Phoned in mine today (last day of this offer) & advised my sister to do same & she said she received 50,000 mile chase visa signature offer from UA in mail...offer good through June 7th. Terms & conditions appear to be the same. So, while this "call-it-in" offer may be disappearing, there are others out there.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:44 pm

Edited my post on the last page. Deal is not dead if you follow the work-around on the SD boards. It works!

Blatently stolen from the SD boards wiki:
1) Sign up for a United mileage plus account at https://www.ua2go.com/profile/Join.do if you don't already have one. Husband and wife should sign up for separate mileage plus accounts and separate credit cards to both qualify for the offer.
2) Call United at 1-800-421-4655 and say "Manage my account"
3) Press 0 until you get a customer service rep. Tell them you want to sign up for a Mileage Plus Visa
4) You will be forwarded to a Visa representative. Have them verify the 50,000 mile signup bonus after first purcahse and no annual fee for first year.
5) Endure the agonizing 20 minute disclaimer while you eat pancakes or write a treatise on gender identity in 13th century Zimbabwe.
6) Remember to cancel your card as soon as you get the bonus so you don't get hit with an annual fee.

Good luck. My T&C speech was only 8-minutes. Be prepared for badly broken english.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:55 pm

i think i will use my miles for maui next year, i will have 100k, if you book way in advance you can do it saver, 40K each

then you are stuck of course to go on those dates, usually use to upgrade to 1stclass but they have made that next to impossible and way too costly
Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Some are getting the miles quick. I'm curious as to how much was spent and when the billing cycle closed.

I had mine close the same day as my original MP Visa. Made my purchase, but still no dice on the miles yet.

Yes, I know it's still early. I'm just a little jealous of people getting them so fast.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Call Volume

I called today and was approved on the phone. The only issue I ran into was the United rep said I would be on hold for a few minutes waiting for Chase since so many people were calling today to apply (it's the last day of the promotion).
Old Apr 30, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
I called today and followed the script down-thread (call the line, "manage my account", enter MP #, enter wrong zip code twice, when rep came on I asked to apply for the card, was transferred to Chase, asked for the 50k mile deal, and was off to the races).

Confirmed the offer was for 50k miles. Was approved by the end of the call. Card should be here within 2 weeks (if past experience is a guide, it'll come next Fri, Sat or a week from Mon.

I have a wallet full of Chase cards already, and have had others previously. I am very interested to see if I get the 50k miles.

Wife will be calling for hers in a few minutes.

Good luck to all.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by elcid3
I called today and was approved on the phone. The only issue I ran into was the United rep said I would be on hold for a few minutes waiting for Chase since so many people were calling today to apply (it's the last day of the promotion).
Yeah they must be getting a lot of us . I just called and both the united and the chase reps told me about the 50k bonus and the 1 yr free without me having to ask
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
My wife just called and had to wait about 10 minutes on hold - they are indeed busy tonight.

She was approved at the end of the call.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:29 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, Starwood
What a great promotion!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:34 pm

Just got off the phone, called for my wife, who speaks limited English.

Had first tried the numbers posted in this topic (1-800-421-4655 and 800-325-0046). One said that they're no longer taking applications over the phone and directed me to the website, the other was an indefinite wait.

So I tried another approach, the GS line.

The GS agent called Chase and waited until she was through to an agent, then passed the agent to me.

After that, same deal, still alive as of ~22:00 PST April 30.

One caveat... when I pointed out to her that I was calling for my wife, she actually needed to speak with my wife first before allowing me to proceed. Wasn't an issue because she was nearby, but hadn't seen that mentioned by the other people here who called on behalf of their spouses. The agent soon understood why I'd called on her behalf

The entire call was 24 minutes, including the GS agent's wait and the pass-back to my wife.

Anyway, promo not dead yet... but maybe harder to get to.
Old May 1, 2010, 12:25 am

Programs: ALL
Mileage posting problem

My wife was approved April 10th and I was approved on April 12th. She received her card on the 17th, made a charge right away and her statement closed on the 24th. I got the card on the 18th, made a charge right away and had my statement close on the 20th.

She got the 50k miles and I didn't. I did get miles for the charge I made.

My wife had one previous UA Visa (2003 - 2006) and I had a two previous UA Visas (2003 - 2005) and (2006-2007).

Since my first statement doesn't show the miles should I call or wait another statement period?
Old May 1, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by azhoopsfan
My wife was approved April 10th and I was approved on April 12th. She received her card on the 17th, made a charge right away and her statement closed on the 24th. I got the card on the 18th, made a charge right away and had my statement close on the 20th.

She got the 50k miles and I didn't. I did get miles for the charge I made.

My wife had one previous UA Visa (2003 - 2006) and I had a two previous UA Visas (2003 - 2005) and (2006-2007).

Since my first statement doesn't show the miles should I call or wait another statement period?
Normally the bonus miles post with the first billing cycle. I would call. They may tell you to wait another cycle but at least you are then on record.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone Successful After April 30

Curious as to whether anyone has called after April 30 th and been successful getting the M+ Visa w/50K miles after 1st purchase & 1st year $60 fee waived.
Old May 2, 2010, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by FinsUp99
6) Remember to cancel your card as soon as you get the bonus so you don't get hit with an annual fee.
I think you want to hold the card for at least 6 months (6 billing cycles) before canceling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.