Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2008, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by JAaronT
John Stamos and Linda Cardellini (who was wearing awful Ugg boots) on 110 LAX-ORD today.
on their way for an er location shoot, i'd bet
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:31 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Diane Lane ^ and Josh Brolin at LAX today. I was in the Customer Service line and she walked right by me and sat down. They were waiting to board a flight to KOA.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Wayne Newton in 2D on the UA 54 KOA-SFO red-eye on April 9th. He was charming and polite to everyone.

First class service was impeccable, mostly thanks to Wendell our purser. The best I've seen on United.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by atman
Wayne Newton in 2D on the UA 54 KOA-SFO red-eye on April 9th. He was charming and polite to everyone.

First class service was impeccable, mostly thanks to Wendell our purser. The best I've seen on United.
This makes me wonder, does UA move the FA schedules around so that the better FA's are on the flights with celebrities?
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oenophilist
This makes me wonder, does UA move the FA schedules around so that the better FA's are on the flights with celebrities?
Definitely not, UA can't in any official capacity decide who works what flight, short of the qualifications required for certain positions. If an FA gets a certain schedule you think management would have any luck saying "you don't do a good job, we're choosing a different FA?" I think not! That being said, even a bad FA might be on their best game when they have a celeb aboard just because they want to impress them.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:11 am

On 4/10 in the LAX IFL Lounge

Sharon Stone and her entourage going to Honolulu and letting one of her kids run wild in the IFL. Real classy....
Old Apr 13, 2008, 2:12 am

Programs: Affilated with the orders of I need to rest, doctor's orders!
Originally Posted by BongoVIP

Sharon Stone and her entourage going to Honolulu and letting one of her kids run wild in the IFL. Real classy....
Now that is one person I would love to see in real life. Better yet, get a chance to talk to her and have her sign my forehead!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:00 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by hsxagent
Now that is one person I would love to see in real life. Better yet, get a chance to talk to her and have her sign my forehead!
I just saw your signature. I LOVE 30 Rock. It's my favorite show. Tina Fey RULES!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:40 am

Programs: mileage plus, skymiles, marriot silver, starwood plat, priorty club, hilton honors
Originally Posted by oenophilist

Certain flights such as sports team charters or press charters do have hand picked inflight crews. I have no interest in flying a sports team (I've flown a couple baseball teams.) I would love to get on a press charter but I have no idea how to get on the list!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat

Isn't that what an entourage is for? Surely one of them has to be the nanny???
Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold

OK, gotta ask. Why was she in the IFL going to HNL? Did we trade Hawaii to Australia?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyinbob
OK, gotta ask. Why was she in the IFL going to HNL? Did we trade Hawaii to Australia?
Celebs can usually arrange to get into the IFL. When Paris Hilton just got out of jail that's one of the first places she was spotted on her way to HI.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 8:59 pm

Not a celebrity to the general public, or even some FT'ers, but on PDX-IAD nonstop (UA 250) earlier this week, Iris Richardson was flying coach ... She was very well put together, suntanned, immaculately coiffed, and to my surprise, in her full work uniform, with her nametag, several badges or medals on the lapels, and a neatly pressed suit. While I could tell that she was no longer capable of working a flight as she shuffled down the aisle, she still had the stamina to travel on her own, and hope I'm doing that well at age 85!

She did exercise some lese-majeste in using the First Class lavatory three times during the flight, instead of using the lavatory in her assigned class.

I cannot imagine that retired UA pilots keep their uniform for leisure travel purposes, but guess that Iris is so used to her uniform that she cannot board an airplane without one. Wonder what she does on the days she is not flying.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Not a celebrity to the general public, or even some FT'ers, but on PDX-IAD nonstop (UA 250) earlier this week, Iris Richardson was flying coach
I think you mean Iris Peterson (If you are refering to UA's former #1 senority FA)
Old Apr 18, 2008, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
SNIP Wonder what she does on the days she is not flying.
You mean you flew with this LEGEND and did not talk to her or ask for an autograph

HUGE Missed opportunity

Lurker

PS: Love that she still flies in uniform

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.