Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
In general, it seems that UA recognizes you only if you have reached out to them in advance and requested some form of recognition. This may differ for 3 and 4 MM crossings and for GS flyyers, who seem to be monitored more closely. Can anyone report receiving recognition for crossing 1 MM or 2 MM when no previous contact with UA was made to note the upcoming occasion or to request recognition?
Old May 4, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by seenitall
In general, it seems that UA recognizes you only if you have reached out to them in advance and requested some form of recognition. This may differ for 3 and 4 MM crossings and for GS flyyers, who seem to be monitored more closely. Can anyone report receiving recognition for crossing 1 MM or 2 MM when no previous contact with UA was made to note the upcoming occasion or to request recognition?
yes. Last month on FRA ORD. FA made announcement over PA system about me and another PAX. Did not know it and was quite surprised. Captain came over LATER and said congrats. It was a nice gesture. FWIW I am GS; other PAX I think not
Old May 4, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 3MM, Lifetime 1K, Lifetime UC, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, CMEL pilot
Although I never expected to come close to 4MM, it's within possible striking distance before I retire. I've been 1K 29 of the last 30 years, but never GS. It would require some extra flying to make 4MM by 2019, but I don't know if Lifetime GS would be of much value as I burn down > 3M RDM's. I expect most of my post-retirement flying to be West coast and 3-4 trips to Taiwan and/or HKG annually. I'm pretty burnt out from flying commercially; UA or other carriers.

Last edited by deek; May 4, 2018 at 6:34 pm
Old May 6, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: United 1K, 2MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Got to 2MM a little over 2 weeks ago on my EWR-BRU flight. No recognition from crew (wasn't expecting it either and certainly no worries about that). But I received my email with the gift and the Thule carrier has now arrived! Quick work by United - well done.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by seenitall
seenitall - I think you are correct. I passed 2MM last year and there was no recognition. I did not make any request. I am 1K.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: United 3MM, 1K, Hyatt Globalist Lifetime
Originally Posted by deek
Although I never expected to come close to 4MM, it's within possible striking distance before I retire. I've been 1K 29 of the last 30 years, but never GS. It would require some extra flying to make 4MM by 2019, but I don't know if Lifetime GS would be of much value as I burn down > 3M RDM's. I expect most of my post-retirement flying to be West coast and 3-4 trips to Taiwan and/or HKG annually. I'm pretty burnt out from flying commercially; UA or other carriers.
How close are you? I'm a bit far to say "striking distance" but considering taking mileage runs here and there to get there. Like you I'm also wondering if it is worth it... I have about two years before retirement. Wife and I love traveling so I expect GS will come in handy for years to come due to upgrade waitlists and mileage tickets.
Old May 12, 2018, 11:22 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by deek
Originally Posted by ck3kk
How close are you? I'm a bit far to say "striking distance" but considering taking mileage runs here and there to get there. Like you I'm also wondering if it is worth it... I have about two years before retirement. Wife and I love traveling so I expect GS will come in handy for years to come due to upgrade waitlists and mileage tickets.
Since both of you have travel planned after retirement, and if you'd think that you would each make 4MM within a year or two, I'd go for it, for several reasons:
1) Highest level of benefits/recognition, esp. IRROPS;
2) Above benefits extended to another you designate;
3) LT program can be changed at any time, esp. for those not yet at that particular level. [See Marriott which is closing off enrollment in LT Plat. Prem after 12/31/2018.]

I had been earned 1K for 23 years when I crossed 2MM last fall. I know from my historic velocity of flying, now in semi-retirement, that I'd be highly unlikely to get to 3MM, so downgraded to LT Plat which, together with a UC Club membership is an OK fit for me and +1. I would've kept "going for it" if I had thought that 3MM was in reach.
UA_Flyer and ContinentalFan like this.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; May 12, 2018 at 11:30 am
Old May 18, 2018, 5:36 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Sitting @ 0.983, last minute trip to SIN next week. I think the SIN-LAX segment on the way back will take me over.
Old May 18, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tht
Sitting @ 0.983, last minute trip to SIN next week. I think the SIN-LAX segment on the way back will take me over.
Nice - congrats in advance! I just did LAX-SIN-LAX mileage run a few weeks ago and it's a great plane, the 787-900 Dreamliner. At 994k myself and will hit it in a few weeks.
- Tom
Old May 19, 2018, 1:03 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Sitting at 2,999,005 today -- will cross the great 3mm divide on my EWR-PBI leg. Been a slow year for travel only 40K PQM, (and $1500 PQD) so the lifetime 1K is a welcome bonus.
manstein58 likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Sitting at 2,999,005 today -- will cross the great 3mm divide on my EWR-PBI leg. Been a slow year for travel only 40K PQM, (and $1500 PQD) so the lifetime 1K is a welcome bonus.
Congratulations ! Quite an achievement! Safe Travels
Old May 20, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1M, 1K,AA 2M,HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Hoped to hit 1 million last week. Strategically booked appropriate flights, but then the first one was delayed by 3 hours & 15 minutes, so no doable connections. Completed the new itinerary, and ended up at 999,539. I have called for original routing credit, and am now waiting for the changes to happen. If it doesn't happen today, should go over tomorrow between COS & IAH. Looking forward to the companion upgrade most of all to save Mrs. Perkins from "having" to fly 50K a year to keep her Gold.
Thanks to everybody on all the forums who've helped with progress on all of these pursuits. On to 2 million?Lifetime flight miles:999,539
Old May 21, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NomadPerkins
Hoped to hit 1 million last week. Strategically booked appropriate flights, but then the first one was delayed by 3 hours & 15 minutes, so no doable connections. Completed the new itinerary, and ended up at 999,539. I have called for original routing credit, and am now waiting for the changes to happen. If it doesn't happen today, should go over tomorrow between COS & IAH. Looking forward to the companion upgrade most of all to save Mrs. Perkins from "having" to fly 50K a year to keep her Gold.
Thanks to everybody on all the forums who've helped with progress on all of these pursuits. On to 2 million?Lifetime flight miles:999,539
Congrats in advance!
Old May 21, 2018, 4:18 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Hit the grand 3mm yesterday on my EWR-PBI segment. United had a band in front of Gate 101, playing hail to the chief. Was presented with a trophy stating Congrats to PaulMCO for flying 3MM and never dragged from the plane, never had his guitar ruined by our baggage handlers, never had his pet killed and continued to fly through the years of Jeff SMI. Then I woke up and boarded my plane with no acknowledgement and a surly FA who refused to give a full can of Ginger ale. Welcome to the friendly skies..

Yes I know I am an over entitled elite but I guess the days of flying in style are gone, and flying United is like riding a bus. Maybe United should change their logo to a Greyhound.
JetBunny and NH_Clark like this.

Last edited by PaulMCO; May 21, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Old May 22, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
United's PR sucks..

I just landed in SFO. Was travelling with my mom. She just hit 4mm on this flight. Was not recognize during check-in at Taipei. Was not recognize at the gate. FA came up and asked her for her meal choice.. Then she said, "oh your doing 4mm this trip, not sure if I should congratulate you or give you condolences." ...? No captain, no bells and whistles like Zach @ TPG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.