Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Just crossed the 2MM mark on the early morning RDU-IAH flight today. Requested a Moscow mule drink to celebrate this milestone by myself. Also watched a kiddie movies: the Polar Express. Do not want to mention the so-so service in FC cabin to spoil my mood.
Cheers!
Congrats, and hope you enjoyed your Moscow Mule breakfast beverage!
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:38 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As one of its newer members, myself, let me welcome you to the 2MM Club!
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Just crossed the 2MM mark on the early morning RDU-IAH flight today. Requested a Moscow mule drink to celebrate this milestone by myself. Also watched a kiddie movies: the Polar Express. Do not want to mention the so-so service in FC cabin to spoil my mood.
Cheers!
congratulations! Nice choice for breakfast…
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Really excited for this - been calculating my crossover date and flight, but as with any 1K, flights come and go so quickly. I do hope for something on the plane, especially if my wife comes (she's excited for me, and for herself of course). But I won't expect it. (942K today, projected late April crossover).
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:04 am

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by aacharya
Really excited for this - been calculating my crossover date and flight, but as with any 1K, flights come and go so quickly. I do hope for something on the plane, especially if my wife comes (she's excited for me, and for herself of course). But I won't expect it. (942K today, projected late April crossover).
Your best bet, if you hope for something on the plane, is to mention the milestone to the gate agent or flight attendant during boarding. History tells us that without you alerting the crew there is a low probability the crew will figure it out for themselves. If you do alert the there is a high likelihood they will respond in some positive way.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
Your best bet, if you hope for something on the plane, is to mention the milestone to the gate agent or flight attendant during boarding. History tells us that without you alerting the crew there is a low probability the crew will figure it out for themselves. If you do alert the there is a high likelihood they will respond in some positive way.
100%. Mention it to the flight attendants and tell them how excited you are.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Hey Everyone - 25k miles short of my million which I hope to get by next summer. I might lose status completely after Jan 31st, so definitely planning some flights next month! Just didn't fly much this year.

The question, once I lose status, do the "under 500 mile" flights only count toward lifetime miles as the actual miles, or the 500 minimum? Right now if I fly SBA-LAX I get 500 miles toward lifetime, even though it's only 89 miles.

Thanks,
Tom
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tstauck
.... The question, once I lose status, do the "under 500 mile" flights only count toward lifetime miles as the actual miles, or the 500 minimum? ....
Only elites (Silver and above) have the 500 mile minimum. General members will be credited based on actual mileage.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Might be worth it to do a long MR (SIngapore/Asia) in January to get you over the hump. If I were 25K away and facing zero status in February, that's what I would do.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Only elites (Silver and above) have the 500 mile minimum. General members will be credited based on actual mileage.
Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Your friends on the following thread can help you with mileage runs if you want to fly 25K miles before January 31. Air fares in Jaunary except for the first week are pretty cheap.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...lp-needed.html
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:21 pm

Your friends on the following thread can help you with mileage runs if you want to fly 25K miles before January 31. Air fares in Jaunary except for the first week are pretty cheap.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...lp-needed.html
Thanks. I probably won't have the time to do 25k miles in Jan, but planning a cross country trip about once a month next year. That would put me on target for May.

LAX-Orlando has been a good one lately, $108 each way (select days), 2200 miles, and a fun place to visit!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: 3 MMer
MileagePlus # XXXXXXXXTwo Bee, you're almost there.Dear Two Bee

We've noticed that you've flown United® a lot. So much so that you're approaching an extraordinary achievement: flying three million miles with us. Once you reach your milestone, we look forward to providing you with benefits that reflect your accomplishment and loyalty, including status that does not fall below Premier® 1K®.*We appreciate your continued trust in our airline, and look forward to welcoming you on board as a 3 Million Miler in the near future.Thank you for flying with us.Sincerely,

Oscar Munoz
CEO
United Airlines

The purpose of my posting of this is that there have been serious discussions on here about the potential for UA to eliminate benefits promised, at ANY time!

Last edited by Two Bee; Dec 14, 2017 at 10:42 am
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:11 pm

I just found this thread....I passed one million miles about two years ago. There was zero hoopla around passing the magical mile. I have been flying Continental, and now United, since 1987.

The nicest part of being a million miler is being able to share it with your partner. My soon to be ex-wife had it for the first two (I didn't realize I had to change it by November when she moved out, so she got an extra year). And I am transferring it to my new "friend". She travels as much as I do, but not for as long a period of time, so she is looking forward to Premier Gold.

It is nice to not have to wonder about qualifying for Gold Status at the end of each year.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Finally made it after 25 years! 4 Million BIS

Finally crossed the 4 Million BIS on Dec 16 on UA 888 aboard N209UA 772ER.
The last million was made in less than four years. (first million took 13 years).
Greetings by the on board crew and SFO GS agent came on board and presented me a congratulation note, and a pre-flight map from the captain.
Also did a tour of the cockpit (wow! it was small) and chatted with the captain and first officer and back-up crew as well. Took photos sitting in the captain seat and with the cockpit crew.
FA in Global First was excited for me and services were outstanding during the flight!
At the conclusion of the flight, I was given the map showing the actual flight path and point marked on the map showing the exact point I crossed the 4 million BIS.

What a wonderful experience all around! Thanks United!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.