Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2024, 9:24 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
We had a two-million mile threshold on a recent flight. We presented him with a MM challenge coin and a card signed by the whole crew. He seemed very pleased with the recognition.

I carry a couple of coins in my bag because we often don't see the notification of the milestone passenger until its too late to make a run to a Chief Pilot's office to get one.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Any ideas on how to get a coin after the mm flight?

crossed about 40k miles ago and zilch
Old Feb 21, 2024, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by mfirst

I would have thought they’d automatically mail something, but apparently not!
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 3MM, Lifetime 1K, Lifetime UC, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, CMEL pilot
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I would have thought they’d automatically mail something, but apparently not!
3 MM (almost 4) here; no coins.
uanj likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 6:37 pm

I fly on many airlines with UA on the top because of convenience. I get a million UA miles every three years in average due to my work. 3 years of pandemic interrupted the routine a bit. I will be a 6 million miler this year for sure. I have never received any in flight recognition for achieving MM milestones for the past 5 million miles. I am also working on my first MM with ANA, which is my most favored airlines. I wish I could dump UA for ANA, but I cannot. If you received a coin or any status recognition during a flight, consider you are lucky.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 21, 2024 at 10:43 pm Reason: DIscuss the issue, not other poster(s)
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Originally Posted by mfirst

Stop by and say "hi" to the pilots on your various flights. This is how I ended up getting a coin.

Mentioned I was a 1K MM during the intro. Captain then asked me if I ever got a coin.

Apparently some carry extra coins with them. Hope you get one as well.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy, as219 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by deek
3 MM (almost 4) here; no coins.
4 MM and very close to 5 MM, and never had the coins. Not sure I really care if I get it or not.

As part of the MM program, I have received the following over the years:

1. 2 MM- Lifetime United Club (PMUA RCC), a 2 MM Tumi passport/credit card leather pouch
2,.3 MM - Tumi two-wheel carry-on roller
3. 4 MM - iPad with power bank
4. three plaques at 2MM, 3 MM and 4 MM

The only thing that is still useful is the iPad, Power bank no longer works, and the two Tumis are not practical and useful. The plaques are collecting dust in my basement.
The lifetime United Club membership was useful when I used to travel with my kids when they were young. Now as a lifetime GS, I can access UC without a lifetime membership.
UA has since done away with MM gifts and moved to giving miles when crossing various MM threshold, and I welcome the change. Less waste.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
4 MM and very close to 5 MM, and never had the coins. Not sure I really care if I get it or not.

As part of the MM program, I have received the following over the years:

1. 2 MM- Lifetime United Club (PMUA RCC), a 2 MM Tumi passport/credit card leather pouch
2,.3 MM - Tumi two-wheel carry-on roller
3. 4 MM - iPad with power bank
4. three plaques at 2MM, 3 MM and 4 MM

The only thing that is still useful is the iPad, Power bank no longer works, and the two Tumis are not practical and useful. The plaques are collecting dust in my basement.
The lifetime United Club membership was useful when I used to travel with my kids when they were young. Now as a lifetime GS, I can access UC without a lifetime membership.
UA has since done away with MM gifts and moved to giving miles when crossing various MM threshold, and I welcome the change. Less waste.
For me:
1MM (2010) - Nothing, since I already had a LT RCC membership, courtesy of EA -> CO -> UA. I was UA Premier Executive and CO Platinum at the time.
2MM (2012) - Skipped, because it happened when UA and CO merged and I went from >1MM to <3MM. I was LT 1K at the time thanks to LT CO Platinum.
3MM (2014) - A nice Tumi 4WD roll-aboard, that lasted 1MM flight miles before it had to go into heavy maintenance I was GS at the time.
4MM (2019) - On-board and in-airport celebrations, a call from Oscar, a cool 787 model. The best gift, of course, is LT GS status for me and my +1.
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Friends relayed a MM recognition story this week. They flew CDG-ORD (I unfortunately flew *A through another hub, I digress...) and mentioned that someone two rows behind them crossed the 1MM threshold. The FA made an announcement to the entire cabin and then the whole crew presented him/her with a "gift" (unknown). If that was me when I crossed 1MM I'd have been embarrassed. I'm quite fine without a plane-full of recognition. A card from the crew with the deets would be OK for me.

PS - my friends (both 1K) were on the saver award sale to CDG and got OpUp'd to PremPlus to ORD. Back was oversold (obviously) but I'm more shocked there were PremPlus seats. That cabin is almost always the first to oversell on any flight these days.

-RM
Old Feb 23, 2024, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by wxguy
For me:
1MM (2010) - Nothing, since I already had a LT RCC membership, courtesy of EA -> CO -> UA. I was UA Premier Executive and CO Platinum at the time.
2MM (2012) - Skipped, because it happened when UA and CO merged and I went from >1MM to <3MM. I was LT 1K at the time thanks to LT CO Platinum.
3MM (2014) - A nice Tumi 4WD roll-aboard, that lasted 1MM flight miles before it had to go into heavy maintenance I was GS at the time.
4MM (2019) - On-board and in-airport celebrations, a call from Oscar, a cool 787 model. The best gift, of course, is LT GS status for me and my +1.
Wow, 2MM miles in 4 years! 2010-2014
Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Wow, 2MM miles in 4 years! 2010-2014
Not really, the merger put me close to 3MM, so it was just over 1MM in four years.
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:45 pm

Programs: United 1k Hilton Diamond
1mm kudos to UA Crew

Passed a million miles on a flight from sfo-ord Pilot brought me up the cockpit pre takeoff, took my pic sitting in the captains seat (!!), very nice and thankful, got a coin, signed card from the crew, print out of the route sheet acknowledging me by name on it, a goodie bag, thank you card, etc. I was really not expecting anything, but they made it really nice! Well done..
Old Feb 29, 2024, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheProton
Passed a million miles on a flight from sfo-ord Pilot brought me up the cockpit pre takeoff, took my pic sitting in the captains seat (!!), very nice and thankful, got a coin, signed card from the crew, print out of the route sheet acknowledging me by name on it, a goodie bag, thank you card, etc. I was really not expecting anything, but they made it really nice! Well done..
How awesome! Sounds a lot like my MM experience. It’s a shame that not everyone gets this, and I feel for those who miss out. But boy what an experience got those who get to have it!
SPN Lifer and ContinentalFan like this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 6:09 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Congratulations! Welcome to the MMers Club.

Originally Posted by as219
How awesome! Sounds a lot like my MM experience. It’s a shame that not everyone gets this, and I feel for those who miss out. But boy what an experience got those who get to have it!
This will encourage me to pursue 4MM, but I am currently at 3.15M.
I doubt that I will reach 4M anyway.
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
This reminds me when I informed UA about my last flight on the 744 ( not my 4 MM flight), UA lined up a Mercedes pick up and took me to the 744. The captain took me to the cockpit and let me sat down in his seat wearing his hat, and walked me through the cockpit including the rest area. Took a few photos outside with the 744 and inside sitting in the cockpit.

A wonderful experience for my very last UA 747 flight.

Now I am planning for my 5 MM flight (likely 2025) and hope it will be a long haul international flight on a 787 not one of my most frequent UX flights in the Northeast corridor as I have been mostly flying nowadays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.