Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
I finally hit 16 million on my way home from London today.
Wooowwww!!! ua1flyer, RESPECT!!! ^^^^
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by Delta3MM
Hit my 2MM mark on Jan 21, flying HKG - EWR.

I asked for the pilot to let me know where we were a certain number of miles into the flight (did the same thing for my 1MM). As the flight was winding down, he came back and gave me a "map" they carry with them. It shows the location where we were and also had a nice note written on the map from both the pilot and copilot. I didn't want any other recognition, and i didn't get any!

Now I've decided to quit the 1K rat race. I've been flying the 90K each year on my own dime for the last 14 years. I did the $10K this year. But I'm not spending $12K per year going forward. I like 1K, but I will settle for Plat, and fly a whole bunch less every year. The way I see it, I would accumulate about 1/3 the amount of RDMs under the new scheme, so it's not worth as much to me. Sure, I like SWUs, but I'm going to like buying lower fares than W.

And I still get miles from other sources, so I can still fly a business class trip or two every year, and whatever I want to do domestically. And I'm not going to have to put all my trips on United anymore - I can go with whoever has the best deal...

If I still wanted to do the 100K thing, I would switch to AA. I'm sitting about 3.5M on Delta, and no way I'm putting in 500K miles just to get to Platinum on them. If AA keeps their program, I may do the 100K per year on them and try and get to 1MM on AA as well in the next 10 years... At least I'd have 8 upgrades per year.... And not have to spend $12K. Well, until they change their program.

Billy
Wooww!! 2MM on UA, and 3.5MM on DL! Impressive. I just wish that I reach atleast 1MM on DL soon! And that DL makes 1MM a GM/STE+ (like UA) and not just a FO (...AAAAHHH, if only!! wishful thinking at its best!!).
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
2MM on 4/19
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Just purchased my ticket to put me at 1mm. May 6 LAX EWR, used miles for an upgrade.

Just had to share, all on my own dime, all leisure travel. Very excited to make this milestone!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by WingsAfar
2MM on 4/19
Congrats!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: ua 1k,3mm, Hyatt Diamond,SPG
3MM status

Put me down for 3MM reached last year. Does anyone know if the Complimentary 1K member(my wife) gets SWU's as I do each year?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by jcgiraffe
Put me down for 3MM reached last year. Does anyone know if the Complimentary 1K member(my wife) gets SWU's as I do each year?
No. Must be earned by your wife through the normal process, ie. flying 100,000 miles.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just got my Congratulations email from United for hitting 1M Miles and inviting me to register a companion...except that I hit 1MM in November of last year, my wife has long since been registered (grabbed Global Entry before they ended that benefit), and several months ago they sent me my new card and the little MM trophy.

I guess the email got stuck somewhere in the tubes.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:57 pm

Just hit MM arriving in EWR from LAX this morning - mentioned it to about 6 staff in United Club in LAX, gate agent, FA's, and pilot, and not so much as a thank you.

It's fine, and least I can select economy + from now on for the rest of my life!

Quite a milestone for me on all leisure travel. Sad to see a company, and employes who just don't care. I'm fine with it, but it's sad at the same time.
Old May 7, 2015, 1:55 am

1mm 0425 ewr-sfo-hkg
Old May 7, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
Just hit MM arriving in EWR from LAX this morning - mentioned it to about 6 staff in United Club in LAX, gate agent, FA's, and pilot, and not so much as a thank you.

It's fine, and least I can select economy + from now on for the rest of my life!

Quite a milestone for me on all leisure travel. Sad to see a company, and employes who just don't care. I'm fine with it, but it's sad at the same time.
Congrats. It's all about your fare now - loyalty with the airline is dead.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
About 1.2 MM now

1 MM achieved about two years ago. While waiting for a plane at IAD a gate agent asked me to identify myself. She then brought me a plaque with a note saying it was from the IAD ground staff. I thought it was a nice touch.
Old May 7, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by JerseyCityS

Congrats! Really, really don't want to burst your bubbles, but LT E+ is not guaranteed. The benefits can always change. Take a look at that pathetic ST+/DL GLD Economy Comfort changes last year. You couldn't get Economy Comfort until T-72 for GLD and T-24 for FO That's the last straw.

As you can see they dropped all the RDMs from 100%, 50%, then to 7x for LT GLD, so don't hold your hope about E+. They can easily take that away simply 'DL did it already'.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; May 7, 2015 at 4:06 pm
Old May 7, 2015, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Congrats! Really, really don't want to burst your bubbles, but LT E+ is not guaranteed. The benefits can always change. Take a look at that pathetic ST+/DL GLD Economy Comfort changes last year. You couldn't get Economy Comfort until T-72 for GLD and T-24 for FO That's the last straw.

As you can see they dropped all the RDMs from 100%, 50%, then to 7x for LT GLD, so don't hold your hope about E+. They can easily take that away simply 'DL did it already'.
I realize the program can change. I suspect life-time status will eventually change for million milers, but I am thinking those who have it will be grandfathered in, hopefully.

This was just a fun conquest for me, and there is no chance I'm going for 2MM. I'll settle for one, all of leisure travel on my own dime.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just booked a flight to Sofia, Bulgaria for next week and on my flight from IAD - LHR I will hit 1mm. I was 1k for five straight years and than in 2914 dropped down to silver due to change in job. It sucks that I can't even book a E+ seat let alone get an upgrade for my million mile flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.