Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
From several of the above posts it sounds like UA is now making at least some kind of effort to thank people at the MM mark. When I hit it years back there was zero recognition. I think I was thrown a bag of peanuts and told to take my seat. To be honest I didn't really expect the "Up in the Air" treatment.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Always knew that Mrs. B would receive lifetime Gold when I hit 1MM, but never noticed before now that she would also receive my current status! ^ ^ ^ Needless to say this went over quite well as she now gets prioritized for meals, etc. even when not flying with me.

Originally Posted by tstauck
I sat down and mentioned to the FA while ordering PDB about the 1MM, and within 5 min I saw her and then the pilot and co-pilot coming up and made the announcement. They handed me a signed card, thanked me for the loyalty, and invited me into the cockpit. So it seemed like they knew in advance.

Even better was my 14 year old son was traveling with me so he got to see it all, and sat in the cockpit as well! Great experience overall.

Took me 15 years and 99% of it was domestic to hit the 1MM. The Gold posted on the first business day after and the Marriott reciprocal Gold posted the day after. And a CPU even cleared for the cross country MCO-LAX return flight on a Friday early evening!
Wish I had your crew - my experience was quite different as described below. FYI it took me 32 years of flying on both CO and UA to hit 1MM - mostly domestic for the first 500k and maybe 75% international after that. If UA counted *A miles I suspect I would have hit the target 5 years ago.

Originally Posted by nomad420
From several of the above posts it sounds like UA is now making at least some kind of effort to thank people at the MM mark. When I hit it years back there was zero recognition. I think I was thrown a bag of peanuts and told to take my seat. To be honest I didn't really expect the "Up in the Air" treatment.
Sorry to report - zero recognition here. It was perhaps the quintessential UA flight for me: IAH->SFO which has been my most frequent route over the past decade. As 1K I ended up 10th or so on the Upgrade waitlist so I dutifully boarded with Group 1 and took my E+ aisle seat in row 10. Ordered a cheeseburger and a free G&T, and told the FA that I was crossing 1MM on the flight. He said congrats and moved on to the next customer. Of course they ran out of burgers by row 12 - I guess have learned something about where to sit LOL. I subsequently received a second free drink but that often happens so no evidence that was related to 1MM achievement. Overall a typical UA flight for this 1K, but sadly no recognition whatsoever.

Received my kit a few weeks later - basically a 1K kit with the Lucite cardholder, drink coupons, luggage tags, coasters and a new plastic 1MM card. I guess I shouldn't complain...
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Feather Man
Hit 1MM last week. And they approached me and asked for my boarding pass. Whole crew signed it and the Captain gave me the flight chart and Op Flight Plan.

Pretty cool. Cost them nothing to do this and it made a huge impression on me.
Congratulations on your milestone! Nice to hear that UA recognized your achievement.
Russell745 likes this.

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jul 31, 2018 at 11:29 am
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

Congratulations on your milestone! Nice to hear that you are a recognized your achievement.
Congratulations!!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Looks like United acknowledge 1MM more so than 4MM because they know your stuck for good. LOL
When my mom hit 4MM, we had 3 pax in business first. Nothing recognized. Flight attendant said, "oh your doing 4mm, not sure if i should congratulate you or not".
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by twkidM3
Looks like United acknowledge 1MM more so than 4MM because they know your stuck for good. LOL
When my mom hit 4MM, we had 3 pax in business first. Nothing recognized. Flight attendant said, "oh your doing 4mm, not sure if i should congratulate you or not".
When I boarded my 4MM flight, nothing was done or said whatsoever.

Upon my return from London, there was a United rep looking for me outside the jetbridge in the International Terminal to hand me a note from Jeff congratulating me on my milestone.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, MR Gold, HH Gold, GE
I reached 1 MM on Sunday on the SFO-EWR leg of TPE-SFO-EWR-YYZ. No recognition on board although I didn’t say anything to alert the crew. Just happy to have achieved this milestone and to be able to share my status with my mom in her golden years.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
When I boarded my 4MM flight, nothing was done or said whatsoever.

Upon my return from London, there was a United rep looking for me outside the jetbridge in the International Terminal to hand me a note from Jeff congratulating me on my milestone.
Jeff should have handed you the note himself. Part of the reason he's no longer around
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: 2.1MM
Scheduled to cross 2MM next Monday on the way back from China to SFO, will see if anything special happens.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM
Exact moment I crossed 1,000,000 lifetime miles enroute from HKG-SFO on 8/1. Even cleared a GPU.

Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Sweet! Nice map capture.. Congratulations!!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Crossed over 1M on 842 from SYD->LAX 2 weeks ago
I emailed my corporate sales contact beforehand to ask for a few things and got no response

Very fantastic greeting at check-in from the Sydney operations manager who presented me with a spiral bound book of all the flights I have ever taken on UA to get to this point
Was invited to be the first person onto the plane, got an invite from the captain up to the cockpit and was presented with a full flight plan and a United branded Jeppesen map with the flight plan with the magic point marked on the map

The captain also took a picture of the horizon from inside the cockpit when we hit the mark (using his own phone) and emailed it to me after the flight

Props to UA for making it special for me
sbm12, wxguy, dsquared37 and 9 others like this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:32 am

Wow! The spiral book is the first I've ever heard… So happy to hear that United recognized your milestone! Congratulations!!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Definitely cool on the spiral book - congrats!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: UA GS and 1.8MM miler, AA 2.5MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Wow - that is great. I got absolutely nada when I hit the milestone despite having alerted them in advance on which flight I would hit the milestone (one can always try :-))...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.