Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I crossed over into the 2MM threshold with UA on my flight from Denver to Chicago O'Hare this morning. I was given the note from Oscar Munoz this morning at the gate by a UA CSR and was greeted by the flight crew upon boarding. The Captain made an announcement during the flight and the crew gave me a signed copy of my boarding pass for a keepsake. While I would have preferred anonymity I appreciate the time the crew took to recognize this milestone. Thank you United Airlines for making my flight memorable.

NH_Clark, 8MiHi and ordflyer18 like this.

Last edited by RobotDoctor; Apr 15, 2018 at 5:35 pm Reason: editing misspell
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:57 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
I crossed over into the 2MM threshold with UA on my flight from Denver to Chicago O'Hare this morning. I was given the note from Oscar Munoz this morning at the gate by a UA CSR and was greeted by the flight crew upon boarding. ...
Nicely done by UA. Wonder if your discussion with the previous flight crew led to unusual notification?
If so, ^
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Nicely done by UA. Wonder if your discussion with the previous flight crew led to unusual notification?
If so, ^
Good point. I’m wondering why some get the attention—and fairly lavish—while others get nothing. I’m curious.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan

Good point. I’m wondering why some get the attention—and fairly lavish—while others get nothing. I’m curious.
That's a good question. I wonder if my treatment was due to DEN being my home airport and me being a 1K for 21 out of the past 24 years and being GS three out of the first four years. The agent who greeted me at the gate is one of the four or five I check in with every week. I would tend to believe my treatment was more due to the local agents than anything else. Regardless, it was an appreciated gesture.

On a side note, the gate agent at the F terminal is unfriendly and should be named Mr. Crusty Pants.
ContinentalFan and Dublin_rfk like this.

Last edited by RobotDoctor; Apr 15, 2018 at 12:41 pm Reason: To add an additional comment
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Congratulations RobotDoctor on your achievement, nice to see that it was recognized. Enjoy and safe travels!
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, 2MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Good for you RobotDoctor. I hit 2 Million miles on my fight from LAX to EWR last week but nothing on the flight or since. Here's hoping I at least get that email and the "Thanksamillion" offer. Is that still going on?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Yes; see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1330108-2-3-4-million-miler-gift-14.html#post29591701
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Finally hit my 1 MM after 12 years. It was not fun for that last couple of years where I barely flew and had to fly as a "member"
RobotDoctor and onthesam like this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by pearbear42
Finally hit my 1 MM after 12 years. It was not fun for that last couple of years where I barely flew and had to fly as a "member"
Congratulations. I was just talking to my brother's mother-in-law last night. She is in a similar situation (albeit a bit further behind you). She's Silver now, but 30K short of 1MM and may not re-qualify for Silver. She said that those last 30K BIS miles will be the hardest. They do a few overseas trips a year, but my brother's father-in-law won't go through aero-acrobatics to keep it on UA metal. (He's nowhere near 1MM.) They're flying to TLV on TK paid J because it was thousands of dollars cheaper than paid J on UA. So, no PQD's for them to at least get them UA Silver.

Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: United MM, SPG, Marriott
Congrats!
Did the crew make any special announcement or recognize the milestone during the flight?

andy.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Congratulations on your achievement! Best of luck and safe travels! Don't forget to name your companion
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by suryasoft
Congrats!
Did the crew make any special announcement or recognize the milestone during the flight?

andy.
Nope, nothing. but then again it was during a flight from HKG to ORD so it was probably middle of night for everyone.

Originally Posted by SS255

Congratulations. I was just talking to my brother's mother-in-law last night. She is in a similar situation (albeit a bit further behind you). She's Silver now, but 30K short of 1MM and may not re-qualify for Silver. She said that those last 30K BIS miles will be the hardest. They do a few overseas trips a year, but my brother's father-in-law won't go through aero-acrobatics to keep it on UA metal. (He's nowhere near 1MM.) They're flying to TLV on TK paid J because it was thousands of dollars cheaper than paid J on UA. So, no PQD's for them to at least get them UA Silver.
Yeah, near the end I regretted all those flights I took on Star Alliance partners and didn't get full credit. Good luck to your brother's mother-in-law!!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 22, 2018 at 2:20 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle

Getting close!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by twkidM3

Getting close!
Good for you! If you can do it, I would suggest planning to be on a flight that "is meaningful to you" as you cross the threshold. Whether UA acknowledges the milestone, you will always remember it
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: UA GS 2mm
Originally Posted by twkidM3

Getting close!
I'd get the final few flights done asap before Scott Kirby comes in and removes the 4 million mile perk.... just sayin ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.