Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ryu2
Finally passed 1MM this past Saturday . Just out of curiousity how long does it take for me to get the MM email and/or snailmail? It's already reflected in my online account status.
Pre-Covid came very quickly - I'll also pre-covid they did it right, at least for me - acknowledgment at HNL UC with a gift - acknowledgment at gate with lei - a big acknowledgement on the plane - acknowledgment at SFO UC - and even a signed congratulations letter at LAS UC on the return. Likely they were mystified I got my status having never earned actual GS - although had that status existed would have gotten it many times over in the 90's
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Finally passed 1MM this past Saturday . Just out of curiousity how long does it take for me to get the MM email and/or snailmail? It's already reflected in my online account status.
From {this} thread, I wasn't able to find if I ever got an e-mail. I do show what the MM kit looks like (which I received from the U.S. Mail about a month after hitting 1MM).

David

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm Reason: cleanup after move
Old Apr 15, 2021, 3:54 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Congratulations! Welcome to the club
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Quick follow up - just found actually 2 separate e-mails from MileagePlus Program ([email protected]) congratulating me on MM achievement. The first was received about a week after my actual MM flight and the second e-mail received exactly a week later saying exactly the same thing:

David
SPN Lifer and onthesam like this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:19 am

As a MM, is Gold Premier status lost if four segments are not flown in a calendar year?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by doctor
As a MM, is Gold Premier status lost if four segments are not flown in a calendar year?
You have Gold for life.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
As a million miler you have already qualified for Gold. The 4 segments are for any annual qualification needed, such as for Platinum or 1K.
Where I can see the confusion is in the discussion of being a MM as I can find no discussion saying either you need the 4 segments or you don't.
I take it that I have already qualified.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:52 am

The Premier progress line states “Flight Segment Minimum, 0 of 4.

Don’t know if I’ll be flying this year , however don’t want to lose Gold status as a MM.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:01 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The Premier progress line states “Flight Segment Minimum, 0 of 4.

Don’t know if I’ll be flying this year , however don’t want to lose Gold status as a MM.
You will not,as MM status does not require the 4 segment min (as mentioned earlier)
Flying Machine and 8MiHi like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:38 am

Thank you
Old May 30, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cricketer
Received the following email this morning from "MileagePlus Program" entitled "The 2 million mile mark is in sight" -- good thing they let me know or I'd never have noticed, haha. A welcome change though - usually the emails from MileagePlus Program are inviting me to spend 250,000 miles on an Apple Watch, or something along those lines.

FWIW, I expect to reach 2MM by September, though it's not yet a certainty.

Dear <Cricketer>,

We've noticed that you've flown United® a lot. So much so that you're approaching an extraordinary achievement: flying two million miles with us. Once you reach your milestone, we look forward to providing you with benefits that reflect your accomplishment and loyalty, including status that does not fall below Premier® Platinum.*

We appreciate your continued trust in our airline, and look forward to welcoming you as a 2 Million Miler in the near future.

Thank you for flying with us.

Sincerely,

Oscar Munoz
CEO
United Airlines
Haha. I posted that last January. By the end of February I had bookings that would have had me hit 2MM somewhere in May 2020. I then didn't fly between March 2020 and earlier this week. About to hit 2MM on FRA-SFO today, so just a year later than expected!
Old May 30, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Haha. I posted that last January. By the end of February I had bookings that would have had me hit 2MM somewhere in May 2020. I then didn't fly between March 2020 and earlier this week. About to hit 2MM on FRA-SFO today, so just a year later than expected!
Currently 485 miles short, and going at 589mph, so will hit about 90 minutes out of SFO. Hope nobody minds me undimming the windows to get a photo!

The FA working my aisle greeted me with "I probably should break out into song and dance for you!" - I thought she was just a friendly FA having a good day, but it turned out she had actually noted my 2mm milestone. I didn't think I cared, but it is actually a nice touch! The purser later congratulated me on reaching 1 million. I mentioned it was 2mm, and a minute later he announced it over the PA. Got my seat number wrong though. Nobody clapped for me, so obviously I'm not a popular flyer - will have to work on my public image before the next million I guess
Old May 30, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Congratulations on reaching 2,000,000 miles! Really no clapping, I’ve always heard a reaction before. So when Flyertalk goes audible, I’ll send you a clapping PM. Enjoy your flight!
cricketer likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

currently 485 miles short, and going at 589mph, so will hit about 90 minutes out of sfo. Hope nobody minds me undimming the windows to get a photo!

The fa working my aisle greeted me with "i probably should break out into song and dance for you!" - i thought she was just a friendly fa having a good day, but it turned out she had actually noted my 2mm milestone. I didn't think i cared, but it is actually a nice touch! The purser later congratulated me on reaching 1 million. I mentioned it was 2mm, and a minute later he announced it over the pa. Got my seat number wrong though. Nobody clapped for me, so obviously i'm not a popular flyer - will have to work on my public image before the next million i guess :d
👏👏

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
Got MM late March on a flight from EWR to SLC. crew cam by to congratulate me. It updated immediately after landing and after “nominating” my spouse she was GS within a few minutes as well!
SPN Lifer, Repooc17 and nexus7556 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.