Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
I guess I do not understand the internal UA process about tracking and recognizing MM milestones.... considering everything else they know about us and all the details that they track, you would think that there would be a more formal process for recognition.... although, even thought I am only about 800k, I am not sure how I will feel if/when I get to 1MM and what I would want or expect - other than a "thank you".....
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
No more mileage runs after 3 MM

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Congrats Kmxu: just one more million to go!
Thank you! It is very unlikely that I will go for the next million. But I was inspired by OP in this thread. Making Lemonade Out of Lemons (How I made lifetime GS)

I also thank those IAD-KWI-BAH runner friends (one of them is lifetime GS) when I first did the runs (BWI-IAH-IAD-KWI-BAH-KWI-IAD-IAH-BWI). I also make a few friends from open-jaw China runs. UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai

All of these were amazing experiences, especially, transits at HKG and GUM, just mentioning two airports!

Keep safe!
Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Congrats Kmxu!

All of you inspire me to hit my 1st million. It will still take me a while to get there, but if my regular travels stay on track, I may be to get double 1MM around the same time between DL and UA.

Wheels up!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Thank you! It is very unlikely that I will go for the next million. But I was inspired by OP in this thread. Making Lemonade Out of Lemons (How I made lifetime GS)

I also thank those IAD-KWI-BAH runner friends (one of them is lifetime GS) when I first did the runs (BWI-IAH-IAD-KWI-BAH-KWI-IAD-IAH-BWI). I also make a few friends from open-jaw China runs. UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai

All of these were amazing experiences, especially, transits at HKG and GUM, just mentioning two airports!

Keep safe!
In 2018, I stumbled on the lemonade thread too and realized I could do it too. The pandemic hit. 😒 I’ll have to work up the momentum again when it starts up again.

I haven’t done the open jaw thing on UAL to China. The fares are compelling. I’ve flown to HKG a few times. I’ve never warmed up to staying overnight. My favorites are SIN and MEL on UA, where I can turn right around and fly home. I’ll look into that OJ thread.

Just the mention on that lemonade-out-of-lemons thread perks me up. I read it and a gene switched on!
narvik and Kmxu like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I miss ULH flying!

Should have just about made 2MM by now...but been stuck at 1'6xx'xxx for far too long!
8MiHi likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by narvik
I miss ULH flying!

Should have just about made 2MM by now...but been stuck at 1'6xx'xxx for far too long!
Me too. I was hoping to end the year close to 2.5MM. Will be at 2.35 instead.
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Hell or high water, I will get to 3MM asap as soon as borders open up!👍.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by narvik
I miss ULH flying!

Yap! i know how you feel. I have stuck at 4,6xx'xxx since the July. I was hoping to get to 4.8M at end of 2020 and make my 5MM by end of 2021. Now I may never get there once I hang up my travel job at end of 2022.
lsquare and narvik like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Yap! i know how you feel. I have stuck at 4,6xx'xxx since the July. I was hoping to get to 4.8M at end of 2020 and make my 5MM by end of 2021. Now I may never get there once I hang up my travel job at end of 2022.
Why does it matter? You're LT GS!
Old Dec 21, 2020, 2:25 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by lsquare
As a 5MM myself, I remember how I couldn't wait to get there when I was that close. It's just one of those things that you can't really explain. I was lucky to have made it last year.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kmxu
My 3 million flight, Montego Bay to Washington-Dulles, was uneventful. I stopped by check-in desk at MBJ to print out a boarding pass for my record. The check-in (contracted) agent had no clue about 3 MM milestone. But a gate agent did and did notify the pilot on my flight. The pilot mentioned me about 3MM milestone at the end of the standard departure announcement. I got a round of applause from about 20-25 pax (very empty flight) on the plane, including 8 (7 + my wife) other pax in the business cabin. A FA from economy cabin stopped by to say congratulation to me after she chatted with a UA friend in the business cabin. Otherwise, no FA said anything special, for example,thanking you for being 1K or for my business.

The 3-hr plus flight, leaving at noon, only offered snack boxes, that is, no sandwiches. I ate both mine and my wife’s snack boxes. I got a bottle of red wine and two servings of Buffalo Trace on rock. The FAs in business did the bare minimum (EWR based); giving me a snack box, serving two rounds of drinks and leaving the trash for nearly the whole flight (see one of the attached pictures). They were hiding for the whole flight except for the first half hour. I did my own marking of 3M crossing point using the UA App flight status (see the other picture). Fortunately, the WiFi worked for the flight except for the very beginning.

Before the flight, UA did not send me a pre-milestone congratulation email. Perhaps, Mr Kirby was too busy on more important matters.

Happy and safe travels.

Edit: I just entered IAD UC. I mentioned that I just passed 3MM. The agent’s response was “OKay.” 😭😭
img
img
Congratulations! ×3MM!!

Perhaps UA thought they did enough recognition for your 3MM milestone by pushing CPU ahead of T-24h.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32888402-post1305.html
Kmxu likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by lsquare
Bragging rights.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
Kmxu,
Congrats on 3MM. I hit 3MM a couple years ago and was anticipating to add another 200k this year, but am stuck at 3.35MM due to COVID travel restrictions. Living is Hawaii makes it more difficult for us to travel due to the more stringent restrictions. My wife and I hope to travel more in 2021.

Having the lifetime 1k status is comforting too. Enjoy your new status and have a safe holiday season!
SPN Lifer, wxguy and Kmxu like this.

Last edited by bajong; Dec 21, 2020 at 9:57 am Reason: Typo
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Finally passed 1MM this past Saturday . Just out of curiousity how long does it take for me to get the MM email and/or snailmail? It's already reflected in my online account status.
SPN Lifer, LIH and 8MiHi like this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ryu2
Finally passed 1MM this past Saturday . Just out of curiousity how long does it take for me to get the MM email and/or snailmail? It's already reflected in my online account status.
In normal times it was generally a couple weeks as much as 4 weeks. It's a bit underwhelming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.