Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: 2MM United, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Plat
I hit the 2 million miles mark on Nov. 2nd and I still have not heard anything by email or snail mail. My card changed on my mobile app which is automatic but creating a great story to use in my presentations about this customer service/ recognition experience. For you other 2MM, am I supposed to call them and make them aware or is this something that takes longer for them to catch up because there is so many of us? I am looking forward to picking out my "gift" so I can use it on my next flight. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Asknorm
... I am looking forward to picking out my "gift" so I can use it on my next flight. ...
Have your tried the 2,3,4 MM gift link ? (not sure if this is still the active link)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...iler-gift.html
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FWIW, I also missed the 2MM gift email and wondered if I had been missed. A quick search revealed that I had, in fact, received it but had missed seeing it. The link above is the same ne I was sent.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: 2MM United, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Plat
Nothing yet, but I am hopeful, LOL
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:10 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Asknorm
Nothing yet, but I am hopeful, LOL
The link does not work for you?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The link does not work for you?
It worked for me.

I made 4 Million about two years ago. I completely spaced out on choosing a gift. So I went to the link and there was a spot where you could get a 30- day extension to choose a gift. I selected one and filled out all the information. They said it would be sent out soon.

(I now remember why I didn't do it immediately. Pretty much all the gifts sucked. Nothing stood out so I pretty much forgot about it.)
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
While I was told my gift would take up to (IIRC) 6 weeks, it arrived in just over ne, nicely gift-wrapped.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
It worked for me.

I made 4 Million about two years ago. I completely spaced out on choosing a gift. So I went to the link and there was a spot where you could get a 30- day extension to choose a gift. I selected one and filled out all the information. They said it would be sent out soon.

(I now remember why I didn't do it immediately. Pretty much all the gifts sucked. Nothing stood out so I pretty much forgot about it.)
For my 3MM gift, I selected a very nice Tumi roll-aboard with a 3MM badge on front. It's traveled nearly 1MM in the past four years, and showing a lot of wear. I'm hoping for a similar gift next summer when I hope to claim one!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by wxguy
For my 3MM gift, I selected a very nice Tumi roll-aboard with a 3MM badge on front. It's traveled nearly 1MM in the past four years, and showing a lot of wear. I'm hoping for a similar gift next summer when I hope to claim one!
I also selected the same roll-aboard as my 3 MM gift. Unfortunately it was not available when I made 4 MM 12 months ago. Hope it is available when you cross the magic milestone in early 2019. ^
wxguy likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The current MM bag is a Thule Subterra ... I chse that and it's pretty nice. It does not have a badge of any kind on it. I doubt it will last me 1MM.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:51 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

I also selected the same roll-aboard as my 3 MM gift. Unfortunately it was not available when I made 4 MM 12 months ago. Hope it is available when you cross the magic milestone in early 2019. ^
I just selected that for my 4 MM gift.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
The current MM bag is a Thule Subterra ... I chse that and it's pretty nice. It does not have a badge of any kind on it. I doubt it will last me 1MM.
The Thule looks nicer, more practical and better quality than the Tumi.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Crossed 1MM today. Well I’m not surprised to say NADA. Zilch. Bupkus. Here’s a good tidbit to make y’all 🤨. I was on my first segment FLL-EWR and mentioned to the flight attendant I had 999,100 miles. ‘Guess what this makes?’ I say. He says ‘what?’ Oh yeah a million miles. We got a note about you, congratulations” said half jokingly with a pat on the shoulder. Then proceeds to say ‘I wonder if I could figure how many miles I’ve flown”.

Glad he got “the note” and then made it about him. Thought that was cute.

The nice FA on the EWR-FRA on the next flight shook my hand and said thank you —but only after My wife bragged to him about my million mile achievement or he never would know. LOL.

My disappointment was “pre” diffused by reading here and expecting nothing. So I just had fun w it. Me and Mrs Sacco had a fun time and now we begin our endulgent three days in Paris with no kids “business trip”

Oh well. On to the next million.

Last edited by saccoNY; Dec 4, 2018 at 6:33 am
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Has anyone made Lifetime GS (4MM) without ever having made GS on a yearly basis. I suspect it happens, but might be a rare occurrence?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
Has anyone made Lifetime GS (4MM) without ever having made GS on a yearly basis. I suspect it happens, but might be a rare occurrence?
See:
Making Lemonade Out of Lemons (How I made lifetime GS)

David
FlyngSvyr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.