Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:06 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
When I crossed 1 million miles I was in Frankfurt. I mentioned it to the check-in agent just in passing. After settling into my E+ seat, one of the ground crew approached me, asked to grab my belongings and move into BC. Also, there was a note signed by the Captian, and the ground staff and a lost minute gift, my own pair of wings. Very nice.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sfo
a lost minute gift, my own pair of wings.
Nice how they acknowledge that's a minute you'll never get back.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
But how many LAS-LAS flights like the one you described above?
ONE --- in the last 13 years!
I was w/i 44 miles of going over 3 MM miles, so I booked a r/t to LAX and back, to get it over with.
My next trip was in about 3 weeks, but I kind-a got antsy, and could get it over with prior to the Vegas Golden Knights puck drop, that evening!
Btw, I highly recommend retirement for everyone, as you don't have to report to ANYONE! ^

Last edited by Two Bee; Mar 16, 2018 at 12:23 pm Reason: clarify the question asked
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
My 1MM flight was HKG-EWR. Already in J with a GPU. Casually mentioned it to the GA & FA - no response. Nothing during the flight. I wasn't expecting anything, so not disappointed - just surprised that UA wouldn't jump on opportunities like this to recognize & connect with long-time customers. No cost to UA, and those on that flight close to MM status would take notice and possibly increase their efforts to reach that milestone.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:48 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Looks like I will ht 3mm between EWR and Dayton. I am I will get a special reception on UX...
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I think I got a Lucite plaque and a Tumi bag when I passed 3 Million. I don't recall if I got anything for 1 or 2 mil.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Maybe I should be re-evaluating my 1MM goal prior to turning 30.

I really just wanted lifetime *G access. E+ at booking is nice as well, but I figure it might just change to free seat assignments at booking as benefits become diluted.
Holy moly, before 30 sounds crazy. I've been thinking about crediting back to UA for the same reason though: lifetime *G access, though even that seems less useful nowadays.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I received no acknowledgement from the crew when I reached 1MM on my LAX-PVG flight, but there was a car to drive me across the tarmac (from SAN-LAX ) so figured some like UA Insider had arranged. It was a nice touch.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by Two Bee

Btw, I highly recommend retirement for everyone, as you don't have to report to ANYONE! ^
Single?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Looks like I will ht 3mm between EWR and Dayton. I am I will get a special reception on UX...
Maybe you will get an extra Stroopwafel?
onthesam likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:34 pm

will they or won't they?

Originally Posted by sfo
When I crossed 1 million miles I was in Frankfurt. I mentioned it to the check-in agent just in passing. After settling into my E+ seat, one of the ground crew approached me, asked to grab my belongings and move into BC. Also, there was a note signed by the Captian, and the ground staff and a lost minute gift, my own pair of wings. Very nice.
That's really nice! I'll be hitting MM this year, probably transiting Frankfurt. Here's to hoping it's a nice experience. United and I have been doing business for a loooooong time!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Single?
1st wife died after 30+ years of marriage, and will be having 10 year anniversary on Monday to a very wonderful Thai lady.
Children #1 & #2 left the nest years ago, and have a 21 year old Thai-guy that has been here for 7 years, in college. Didn't speak a word of English when he got here, and he has worked his butt off to make America proud of him. Got his 1st pair of shoes at age 14, when we went to the embassy to get papered.

I really like flying, and a little thing like a wife, or second childhood, hasn't slowed me down, I might add!

Got a see through 3MM plaque, 10 drink chits (which I won't need anymore), and an a very nice iPad for my loyalty (which came gift wrapped).
I've been very happy with United, and although I have suffered through the same trials and tribulations as ya'll, I personally really have NO complaints.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sfo
grab my belongings and move into BC.
We did that four and a half years ago and never looked back!

I highly recommend retirement for everyone, as you don't have to report to ANYONE!
I don't think your wife would agree with that last part (I believe that was also Dublin_rfk's point). I started on the path to retirement a couple months ago, but I just gave my wife two weeks notice that I'm going back to work.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman

I don't think your wife would agree with that last part
I found the simplest solution is to not wear my hearing aids!
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
..... have a 21 year old Thai-guy that has been here for 7 years, in college. Didn't speak a word of English when he got here, and he has worked his butt off to make America proud of him. Got his 1st pair of shoes at age 14, when we went to the embassy to get papered....
I've been very happy with United, and although I have suffered through the same trials and tribulations as ya'll, I personally really have NO complaints.
Great story. My strategy is to make the college kid the MM companion, since my wife rarely travels without me. Don't know why it took me a while to think of that....
Dublin_rfk and Two Bee like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.