Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United (UA) Pass Plus Secure/ Flex -- Benefits, Value, Questions .... {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United (UA) Pass Plus Secure/ Flex -- Benefits, Value, Questions .... {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by flyinjer
I'm looking through the contract they sent me and I can't find this. Where is this stated?
You should have a document called "Pass Plus Full Agreement." This is a direct quote from "Exhibit B." It's possible that it has changed, but unlikely.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: UA GS
Just got my welcome package today and wanted to add some info that was shared with me:

The funds that are invested in your PassPlus Flex fund can be used to purchase United Gift Certificates that are good for travel for up to 5 years from purchase and can be used for anyone! Kind of sneaky for them to allow this on an individual account
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:00 am

Just got my welcome package today and wanted to add some info that was shared with me:

The funds that are invested in your PassPlus Flex fund can be used to purchase United Gift Certificates that are good for travel for up to 5 years from purchase and can be used for anyone! Kind of sneaky for them to allow this on an individual account
Could you please give us the exact info quote on that?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
Could you please give us the exact info quote on that?
That was the exact info quote, given to me via phone from the PassPlus representative. They mentioned it as a sort of insurance policy at the end of your contract if your funds were not fully used. I'd imagine that abusing this would result in ending the possibility to do this, but is a nice way to ensure you have zeroed out your account at the end of the 12 months.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:48 pm

best time to apply status

My company has a passplus so we get to assign status to our employees. I was trying to figure out when the best time is to assign the status.

Does United status roll over 2/1? Does that mean if I apply the status on 2/2, it will last for almost two years?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by megamike
My company has a passplus so we get to assign status to our employees. I was trying to figure out when the best time is to assign the status.

Does United status roll over 2/1? Does that mean if I apply the status on 2/2, it will last for almost two years?
Doubtful

Status is earned based on calendar year. Status granted for other reasons is could for the rest of the calendar year and January of the next. For status challenges, status earned after July 1 is go for the rest of the calendar year and all of the next and January of the year after that.

While PassPlus might be like status challenges, I would guess it is calendar year based -- since each year of PassPlus of get a new set of nominatees.

Will move this to the PassPlus master thread for additional comments.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:28 pm

My rep said I can apply the status any time during the length of the contract. When does united status normally expire? 1/31?

That was the exact info quote, given to me via phone from the PassPlus representative. They mentioned it as a sort of insurance policy at the end of your contract if your funds were not fully used. I'd imagine that abusing this would result in ending the possibility to do this, but is a nice way to ensure you have zeroed out your account at the end of the 12 months.
doesn't that basically mean you can use an individual to buy tickets for other people?

are you allowed to buy gift certificates before the pass expires?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 16, 2015 at 12:49 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:51 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by megamike
My rep said I can apply the status any time during the length of the contract. When does united status normally expire? 1/31?...
Status starts immediately when earned or given.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: 1K
Couple questions:

1. Can I use pass plus flex corporate funds to purchase bulk discounted tickets through the United group desk? I understand that no discount would apply.
2. Does anyone know what spend on a corporate plan would allow a GS nomination?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by hookthem
Couple questions:

1. Can I use pass plus flex corporate funds to purchase bulk discounted tickets through the United group desk? I understand that no discount would apply.
2. Does anyone know what spend on a corporate plan would allow a GS nomination?
Also wondering about being able to redeem funds for group booking via the group dept. Anyone have experience with this?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:19 am

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Any update on the credit card funding option?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: AC SE 100k MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt Gold, Airmiles, AMEX
United Flight Pass?

I'm not sure if this exists, but my google searching has not been fruitful. I travel on an air canada flight pass to the sun destinations from western canada and have a lot of flexibility across 8 cities for a fixed price in a certain fare class which is really helpful. My business partner will need to be traveling from new mexico to california on a regular basis and we were wondering if there is a possibility that United has something similar to buy a book of passes in advance. I know that United and Delta are his only options to get from NM to LA area (Glendale).

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:43 am

Google: PassPlus
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:16 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
The closest thing would be the PassPlus program, but it requires an annual $25K minimum spend. Probably not in-line of what you are looking for.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: AC SE 100k MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt Gold, Airmiles, AMEX
^Thanks above for this. I did see this and was a little sticker shocked at the $25k minimum spend. I suppose I am spoiled with the available options for AC flight passes, though some are not cheap. I guess we will just need to monitor for cheap flights in that case.

This is AC's flight pass world http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a...ight_pass.html , too bad united can't do something similar. Though, there was that one company doing unlimited travel for a fixed price per month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.