Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Email: 30,000 miles on us It's been a hard week for travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2023, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
united.com/30k
App -- under just for you
Print Wikipost

UA Email: 30,000 miles on us It's been a hard week for travel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Received the first email "It's been a hard week...." on July 1. Have not seen the second email come through yet to actually claim 30K miles.

6/28 - EWR - LAX cancelled. Attempted standby for other flights on 6/28, always just out of reach of confirmed seats
  • (avg. standby #: 8 out of 80 people - 1K but bought T class ticket.
  • Their system was so overloaded it randomly booted me off of standby for a few flights. Needed to be manually added back on by GA.
6/29 - Found confirmed seats for first EWR-LAX flight of day
7/1 - Received 30K email
7/4 - Return flight LAX-EWR (landed early, but taxi to gate was 1.5 hours late due to EWR ground stop/no gates).
Old Jul 7, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by wiggaty
Received the first email "It's been a hard week...." on July 1. Have not seen the second email come through yet to actually claim 30K miles.

6/28 - EWR - LAX cancelled. Attempted standby for other flights on 6/28, always just out of reach of confirmed seats (avg. standby #: 8 out of 80 people)
  • Their system was so overloaded it randomly booted me off of standby for a few flights. Needed to be manually added back on by GA.
6/29 - Found confirmed seats for first EWR-LAX flight of day
7/1 - Received 30K email
7/4 - Return flight LAX-EWR (landed early, but taxi to gate was 1.5 hours late due to EWR ground stop/no gates).
Look in the app under just for you

wiggaty likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LT Gold), Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Rocketman1
Same here…guess people are just stumbling onto this link on the app. Wonder why the follow up email was not sent?
Where in the app? Didn't see anything in "Inbox" and "My Offers"

ETA: NVM -thanks ICN1K!
Old Jul 7, 2023, 9:23 am

1K, LAX-LHR cancelled, 24June, mechanical, arrived 1 day late.

Also, can claim via link on the website,

compensation claim
Old Jul 7, 2023, 9:35 am

Silver Elite
Monday EWR-ORD...boarded two flights...deboarded 2 flights, 12 hours for nowhere, flights cancelled.
Tues EWR-IND....same thing. Every excuse in the book, not enough fuel...and finally the kicker. We are parked too close to the other plane so we need a crew to move that plane so we can leave.... really?
No email, saw it in the app and claimed. I did file two claims for refunds and Customer Care for each flight as they were separate tickets.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Seeing the chatter here that others were finding links in the app/account to claim but not seeing any such links for myself, I wrote to United on Twitter to make my case for why my spouse and I were eligible for the miles given our overnight delay and then cancellation on 26 June. Whatever tool the Social Media Team has returned a denial so they suggested I submit a formal inquiry through Customer Care, which I just did. For the record, the Social Media Team provided the following as the official qualifications for the 30,000 miles:

Passengers who had flights booked to travel for Saturday, June 24, 2023, through Friday, June 30, 2023, are eligible to receive 30,000 MileagePlus miles if they meet the following criteria: Experienced an overnight delay, OR Their flight was canceled, and they were not rebooked/chose not to travel. ^AF
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 9:48 am

i had my family's flight from EWR to ORF on June 28th that was cancelled and rebooked to June 30th. Wife was on the phone with United, and looks like they sent her the email, and it'll let all 4 of us claim 30k each.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
got my email!:

Since your recent travel with us didn't go as planned, we're offering you 30,000 MileagePlus miles. Simply visit united.com/30k and sign in to your MileagePlus account to accept your miles.

If you have more than one traveler on your reservation:

Each traveler must accept miles using their own MileagePlus account. You can create accounts for other members of your family, such as young children who were traveling with you. Otherwise, each traveler on your reservation should visit united.com/30k and sign in to their account or sign up for MileagePlus.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 10:03 am

Now the question is- I had 2 reservations that were canceled. Will I get 2 emails?

But satisfied with the one- especially when I expect nothing from UA or other airlines until they need us.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by zebranz
Now the question is- I had 2 reservations that were canceled. Will I get 2 emails?

But satisfied with the one- especially when I expect nothing from UA or other airlines until they need us.
No it's 30k per person, not per reservation
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 10:15 am

Went back on the link and here are the Terms and Conditions....

MileagePlus mile offer terms and conditions
Each traveler is eligible for 30,000 MileagePlus miles. Miles are limited to one deposit per person. Each traveler must have their own MileagePlus account to claim the miles. All miles are subject to the MileagePlus program terms and conditions, included below. MileagePlus miles must be claimed by August 31, 2023.

Only original recipients of a communication from United about this offer (and other individuals traveling on the same reservation) are eligible. Offer is not transferable to any other individual. Eligibility will be determined by United in its sole discretion, and such determinations shall be final. Offer subject to change.

MileagePlus terms and conditions
For the full terms and conditions of the MileagePlus program, visit https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...lus/rules.html
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Looks like the miles are available to deposit into accounts now. I just got the following email:

Full text:
Since your recent travel with us didn't go as planned, we're offering you 30,000 MileagePlus miles. Simply visit united.com/30k and sign in to your MileagePlus account to accept your miles.

If you have more than one traveler on your reservation:

Each traveler must accept miles using their own MileagePlus account. You can create accounts for other members of your family, such as young children who were traveling with you. Otherwise, each traveler on your reservation should visit united.com/30k and sign in to their account or sign up for MileagePlus.

We hope to welcome you on board another United flight soon!
Old Jul 7, 2023, 11:17 am

Received a 2nd email for my 2nd canceled flight:

MileagePlus miles already claimed

Hello Zebranz. We've already added 30,000 miles to your account. This should show up when you check your balance. Each MileagePlus account can claim these miles once

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 2:16 pm

General MP member. Husband and I were booked CLE-EWR-LHR June 25-26. During multiple rebookings caused by cancelled flights, husband was dropped from our PNR and given a new one with no LHR leg. We made it to EWR, discovered the PNR problem, spent the night of June 26-27 trying to find someone to fix it, failed, and ended up unable to make the trip at all.

He got the two 30k emails; I did not. I also don't have the offer under 'Just for You' in my app, and when I try united.com/30k, the response is 'Based on the information you gave us, you don't qualify for this offer.' Is this something else I'm going to have to request from UA, on top of all the lost-trip expenses?
Old Jul 7, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond
I just got the email to claim my miles. I flew DAY-IAD on June 25. My flight boarded on time and everything looked to be going smoothly although we ended up being delayed at the stand about 20 minutes because a light in the cockpit falsely showed the cargo door was open and maintenance had to take a look at it. Obviously that has nothing to do with the operational issues UA faced that week but I will certainly take the miles. Thanks United!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.