Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swaps from True Polaris to 772HD

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2023, 3:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by O62
... (a) is there a way to see what this airframe is slated to fly next (i.e. is it going TPAC so it'll probably stay polaris ...
airframe assignments until 2-3 days from travel are just placeholders. The real plan for a specific airframe start to firm up in the 2-3 day window but irrops (not even involving that airframe) can change everything.

Originally Posted by O62
... and (b) Is there any advantage to being a lower row number in case it was swapped for a 777 HD and there are not enough F seats?
This thread was starting to help figure that out -- best review the thread but there never was a clear answer.
Status is likely a higher factor than original seat assignment, IMO
Old May 18, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by O62
Hello folks, I have a reservation on UA 700 IAD-SFO in the next few weeks and at the moment it is slated as a Polaris-config 777. Now I also know that that could change to a different aircraft or config at any moment, but given that, (a) is there a way to see what this airframe is slated to fly next (i.e. is it going TPAC so it'll probably stay polaris and (b) Is there any advantage to being a lower row number in case it was swapped for a 777 HD and there are not enough F seats?
One thing that you could do is see where the frames continue on from IAD-SFO. Unfortunately doing so now won't help given that the flight is still 787 operated.

UA 700 seems to be scheduled for a 777-300ER starting May 25, which means no risk of then 772 HD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.