Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Survey

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
First Class Survey

I just got a survey purporting to offer me a chance to help UA improve it's first class service by providing input and feedback. This was not a post-flight survey. This came out of the blue.

Perhaps it's a good sign. Anybody else get this?
EWR764 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:12 am

I got a survey that asked a lot of questions about wines.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by jpezaris
Good, hopefully that will have them "upgrade" the wine choices.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Replace all seats.
higher_flyer and st3 like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I just got a survey purporting to offer me a chance to help UA improve it's first class service by providing input and feedback. This was not a post-flight survey. This came out of the blue.

Perhaps it's a good sign. Anybody else get this?
Tell them we need appetizers back and mixed nuts on all flights with meal service.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:00 pm

Hot towel service, warmed nuts, and salads would be nice. Meals on all routes that used to have meals would also be appreciated.

Also, I'm liking the idea of the Recaro/Factorydesign seats that will be used by Delta.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:39 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jpezaris
I got that one too. Let’s just say they didn’t score highly…
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Yes, please suggest for them to bring hot towels and warm mixed nuts!!
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Tell them we need appetizers back and mixed nuts on all flights with meal service.
No mixed nuts, just cashews.
SPN Lifer, RobOnLI, EWR764 and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Starbase 1K
Hot towel service, warmed nuts, and salads would be nice. Meals on all routes that used to have meals would also be appreciated.

Also, I'm liking the idea of the Recaro/Factorydesign seats that will be used by Delta.
+100 to each item here.

In the delta F seats, they look super. The UA new domestic F seats have been riddled with design flaws from the very start - uncomfortable, ridiculous tray table design that is hard to pull out / stow without knocking all your drinks over, flimsy, and not durable and often broken; no USB ports; recline that gets stuck or won’t lock … and who ever thought light beige was a great idea on the seat backs ?!
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
No mixed nuts, just cashews.
I'd go all almond. And this is why somehow all this input will result in UA citing stats to justify choices that make nobody happy!!
jpezaris and halls120 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by cricketer
I'd go all almond. And this is why somehow all this input will result in UA citing stats to justify choices that make nobody happy!!
This, x1000. Putting on my glass half full hat, it's a good sign they are asking. Replacing it with my glass half empty hat, this will likely go nowhere.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Like they need a survey to know what's wrong with their domestic F product????

So classic. UA would rather pay a consulting firm to conduct surveys than actually implement the obvious changes.
Originally Posted by greenpau
The UA new domestic F seats have been riddled with design flaws from the very start - uncomfortable, ridiculous tray table design that is hard to pull out / stow without knocking all your drinks over, flimsy, and not durable and often broken; no USB ports; recline that gets stuck or won’t lock …
The only thing I like about the new seats is the one in front won't recline into your face. But I'm now at the point where I'm grateful to step onto a 738 with the old CO seats, they are so much more comfortable.
MatthewLAX and narvik like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Start with bringing service standards back to pre-pandemic levels, and then talk about evolving the product. My input? Design a new dish/bowl. The current casserole dishes are awful. I know they are "branded", and I appreciate the attempt to recreate the years-overdue, more cohesive brand feel/identity of United that was scrapped during the merger, but to me, those dishes are an immediate downgrade to the visual appeal/presentation of anything United puts in them. I'm not sure what it is, but to me there is something geometrically unsettling about them.

And incinerate the stockpile of hot chicken/tomato sandwiches, or at least take them back into the fallout shelter storeroom for the next global pandemic. I've vowed never to consume another one.

Originally Posted by Kacee
But I'm now at the point where I'm grateful to step onto a 738 with the old CO seats, they are so much more comfortable.
Sad but true... softer, more legroom, much more generous recline, sturdy tray table. Even the crappy "lumbar support" is welcome after sitting in one of the 739 seats. Though the aisle-side corners of the B/E seats seem to all have a slight bias aft... it can't be just me that notices this?

The aisle armrests of the new seats are a horrible design. Surely they could have anticipated that flimsy hinge would not hold up to the kind of abuse they receive in service? And the cocktail tables are cool, but the slide-out lower part is jammed in probably 70% of the seats I've been in. I also don't like the huge gap between seatbacks. I feel like whoever is sitting behind me can read whatever I have on my screen... though that is perhaps more unsettling for the voyeur as much of my business is litigating general aviation crashes .
Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EWR764
Start with bringing service standards back to pre-pandemic levels, and then talk about evolving the product.
Exactly.
Though the aisle-side corners of the B/E seats seem to all have a slight bias aft... it can't be just me that notices this?
You mean the twisting over-recline which results in one corner of the seat right in your face? That seems endemic and is the biggest negative of those seats.
The aisle armrests of the new seats are a horrible design. Surely they could have anticipated that flimsy hinge would not hold up to the kind of abuse they receive in service? And the cocktail tables are cool, but the slide-out lower part is jammed in probably 70% of the seats I've been in..
The tray table is awful. They're flimsy, they break, and they can be virtually impossible to jam back into the armrest. Contrast with newer AA and AS seats, where the tray table is so much easier to use and better built (though the new AA seat is at least as uncomfortable as UA's).
EWR764 and MatthewLAX like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.