Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I cannot believe the menu never changes on this route.

There was a beef choice - maybe they ran out before they got to you?

The food really looks disgusting.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
What on earth is the food item next to the chicken and green beans? I assume some side of starch?
Yes, it was like a cross (mutation really) between potatoes and plantains. Pretty bland overall…
Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I cannot believe the menu never changes on this route.

There was a beef choice - maybe they ran out before they got to you?

The food really looks disgusting.
Yeah, there was a beef with potatoes option but I generally try to stay away from red meat so didn’t consider it. I was hoping to have some kind of fish/seafood dish considering where we were flying out of, but no such luck…
Old Apr 23, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Not sure how much this returning is across all routes but per Zach Honig’s Instagram story this was his menu on his TLV-EWR route just now. Looking like menu’s are back to some extent.

Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
…and you have to bother an FA for a gel pillow and slippers v it simply furnished at every seat. And no mention of mattress pad at all.

Kirby Kwality.
Scumpidude likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
…and you have to bother an FA for a gel pillow and slippers v it simply furnished at every seat. And no mention of mattress pad at all.

Kirby Kwality.
It might depend on the route or crew. My flight a little over a week ago from IAD to GRU had both the gel pillow and the slippers at the seat when I boarded.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
UA712

I'm on UA712, landing in DEL in about 45 minutes. I have to say that I am more than pleasantly surprised! This is the first time in 2 years that I've been given a menu card. The service is fantastic. Gel pillows and slippers already at the seat and pjs and mattress pad proactively offered.

Food taste has improved significantly from my last time on this route in January. I can give more details once I'm on the ground.

Chicken tandoor

Ice cream sundae

The Baked Egg breakfast
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Shounak
I'm on UA712, landing in DEL in about 45 minutes. I have to say that I am more than pleasantly surprised! This is the first time in 2 years that I've been given a menu card. The service is fantastic. Gel pillows and slippers already at the seat and pjs and mattress pad proactively offered.

Food taste has improved significantly from my last time on this route in January. I can give more details once I'm on the ground.

Chicken tandoor

Ice cream sundae

The Baked Egg breakfast
So, Kirby Kut was reversed for the first time.
PACLipper likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, HHonors Diamond,
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Not sure how much this returning is across all routes but per Zach Honig’s Instagram story this was his menu on his TLV-EWR route just now. Looking like menu’s are back to some extent.

Is this change being rolled out across all routes or just EWR based or crewed flights. Flying from SFO to SYD in a couple days and hoping this positive development is something we’ll see on our flight as well.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
ICN-SFO mid April

Choices were Beef "Tenderloin", Spicy Chicken or Bimibap. I had the beef.

The "tenderloin" was so tough, it rivaled the worst that BA offers out of London. The roll was rock hard but the salad was pretty good. Actually, the salad was the best part of the meal.

A Korean Mallo Cup Moon Pie for dessert. Simply appalling for business class.

I don't remember what the arrival meal was as I didn't eat it.

Champagne was Nicholas, but I have no idea what the other wines were.

Last edited by 1kBill; Apr 30, 2022 at 1:26 pm Reason: Corrected name of sumptuous dessert to Moon Pie from Mallo Cup. Saw them for less than $0.50 each at the supermarket.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by Kmxu
So, Kirby Kut was reversed for the first time.
Until the FULL dessert and ice cream sundae cart comes back, the Kirby Kut is still in place. AFAIC.

Originally Posted by 1kBill
Choices were Beef "Tenderloin", Spicy Chicken or Bimibap. I had the beef.

I don't remember what the arrival meal was as I didn't eat it.

Champagne was Nicholas, but I have no idea what the other wines were.
Were you able to get a glimpse of the bibimbap? I'm curious how United serves it up vs KE, OZ, LH, AA, DL and SQ. Their pre-pandemic version was atrocious vs the one I had on OZ on my way to BKK and back.
Flyerholic likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 24, 2022 at 7:30 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member, removed extra images
Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:48 pm

Has anyone else had positive experiences with the newly restarted pre-pandemic services on US-Europe flights? I was wondering if I should book IAD-FRA with Polaris or just opt to save money considering the lackluster catering shown on this thread so far lol.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fupaboss
Has anyone else had positive experiences with the newly restarted pre-pandemic services on US-Europe flights? I was wondering if I should book IAD-FRA with Polaris or just opt to save money considering the lackluster catering shown on this thread so far lol.
Unless the seat is the primary reason for booking Polaris, the food could not possibly ever justification the cost for any carrier.
UA_Flyer, tcdtcd and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Originally Posted by riteshshah
Is this change being rolled out across all routes or just EWR based or crewed flights. Flying from SFO to SYD in a couple days and hoping this positive development is something we’ll see on our flight as well.
I wouldn't get too excited, I am on SYD-SFO right now and no menus and this is what you get.. I am hoping they bring more for desert than just a TimTam but I am not hopeful..

Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by simong
I wouldn't get too excited, I am on SYD-SFO right now and no menus and this is what you get.. I am hoping they bring more for desert than just a TimTam but I am not hopeful..
See upthread, its just a pathetic TimTam coming out of SYD. I guess they're too cheap to buy ice cream from SYD.
I would think that you'd get ice cream going out to SYD though, no excuse for not doing that.
I'll be flying out there later this week, I'll report back. Definitely lowering my expectations (I didn't think that was possible) on the way back.
mikeyf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.