Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Looks like the Eggo waffles I ate as a child...
They also have generic brand versions.. not sure Kirby can afford genuine Eggo (TM) quality
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
And what appears to be a lot of empty seats....or a long line for the lavatories after dinner
Or picture taken after arrival when passengers had already deplaned?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
CPT-EWR . I ordered the Kingklip which wasn’t very good but was the only edible thing presented. A lamb dish was also available. Seems like this was a special SA menu. Service was extremely good and even had a FA offer to make up my bed .

MatthewLAX and narvik like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
CPT-EWR . I ordered the Kingklip which wasn’t very good but was the only edible thing presented. A lamb dish was also available. Seems like this was a special SA menu. Service was extremely good and even had a FA offer to make up my bed .

And neither of these dishes actually look half bad - quite the contrary.

So why can't we have some consistency? Why does one tray look like the real hell's kitchen, yet the next looks rather appetizing and delicious? Is consistency really that hard to achieve? It's not like UA is a start-up just getting their feet wet.
narvik and tcdtcd like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:47 am

So I ordered the Turbo fish on the express, it was good. They were having trouble with one of the ovens….

Started with a V/T…. No nuts

Nice chat with the purser about the wine trio UAL did when they rolled out Polaris…. But he said no one ordered it; i had a white with the salad, fish; red with the cheese and Port before bed.

This was breakfast an hour out; very noisy cabin this morning…. Eggs next time, but the warm compote was good

Landing in FRA 8 hours after leaving ORD
Old Nov 16, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Snack cart on DEN-MUC this evening. I hadn't seen the LED candle setup before, but I like it, as it allows the FAs to dim the galley lights and not bother the folks trying to sleep in the first row!

Old Nov 16, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
Snack cart on DEN-MUC this evening. I hadn't seen the LED candle setup before, but I like it, as it allows the FAs to dim the galley lights and not bother the folks trying to sleep in the first row!

nice touch. I bet the FA brought those from home.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
nice touch. I bet the FA brought those from home.
Certainly their own, and hopefully they don't get written up for doing it - now just think how great it would be if those candles were enhancing inflight snacks that someone might actually enjoy . It's really great when crew take pride in their product and go out their (own) way to make it better.

It looks like two people really didn't like their cheese or pie.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
LHR-IAH 15 Nov 145 pm 789 seat 9L

PDB of sparkling wine poured from large bottle. Nice to see some new items as well as the return of sparkling water (or else it’s been there all along and I haven’t been proactively offered as I was here). Presentation better but the mac and cheese was quite tasteless. The dessert mousse cake was delicious. Midflight snacks were chips only. Not even any leftover cheese plates. The prearrival cheeseburger is an improvement over the Wellington. Champagne was Gosset (but not for PDB—not sure what they were pouring for that).

narvik likes this.

Last edited by st530; Nov 16, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: United
Sadly our IST to CGK flight on TK was cancelled for late December. Now the only business class availability into Asia for our dates is United SFO-SIN . Would someone mind posting the Polaris menu for the morning flight from SFO to SIN?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hearing rumours of a separate salad *and* appetizer showing up on ex-SYD flights. Can someone confirm this exciting development and share more details?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Just flew ICN-SFO and was surprised there was only one option printed on the menu for the pre-arrival breakfast (quiche).

I fly a decent amount and can’t think of a Polaris flight with only a single choice offered.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by cricketer
Hearing rumours of a separate salad *and* appetizer showing up on ex-SYD flights. Can someone confirm this exciting development and share more details?
I had that 10 days ago SYD-IAH. Post #1776 upthread
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I had that 10 days ago SYD-IAH. Post #1776 upthread
Hah. I was so focused on the incredible looking version of fairy bread (which should be a horrendous concoction of white bread, butter, and hundreds & thousands if done "correctly") in your post that I didn't even notice the appetizer on the menu or tray!
Old Nov 17, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
UA40 EWR-FCO Nov 14

Menu, which reads as if it is trying too hard to be a fancy French restaurant:

Skipped dinner after having (meh) burger in EWR Polaris lounge.

Champagne was Heidsieck Monopole. Lanson in EWR lounge.

Breakfast was bagel:

Which, apart from being half a bagel, was rather tiny and stale:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.