Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
No vegetarian option…
I'm a hypocrite in that I'm not a vegetarian even though I believe we should all head in that direction. It's pretty shocking to me that there's not a single vegetarian option between two meals in this day and age. You'd think that the bean counters would actually support more veggie options given that they are likely lower cost (unless the meat/fish being procured is even lower quality than I suspect).
sfvoyage likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cricketer
I'm a hypocrite in that I'm not a vegetarian even though I believe we should all head in that direction. It's pretty shocking to me that there's not a single vegetarian option between two meals in this day and age. You'd think that the bean counters would actually support more veggie options given that they are likely lower cost (unless the meat/fish being procured is even lower quality than I suspect).
I'd recommend any vegetarian to order a special meal - I'm assuming they would find something from the back otherwise.

Not having a vegetarian meal does go against what united.com says: We are working hard to offer special meals on more flights across United. Standard vegetarian options are offered on all flights that have meal service, without your having to make a special request.
cricketer and sfvoyage like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flying ORD-MUC 11/30 and bought up to Polaris - 2 1Ks and 3 general members. Any ideas on how to find the menu for this flight? I scrolled back through November and didn't see that city pair - just ex-MUC.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I'd recommend any vegetarian to order a special meal - I'm assuming they would find something from the back otherwise.

Not having a vegetarian meal does go against what united.com says: We are working hard to offer special meals on more flights across United. Standard vegetarian options are offered on all flights that have meal service, without your having to make a special request.

No vegetarian option yesterday on GRU-ORD !
Old Nov 29, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by fumje
I had it TATL westbound this month (didn't ask eastbound). They downgraded from VSOP to VS a little bit ago, some time early in pandemic I think? or maybe before. But I believe they still stock three or four to a cart as standard.
Paraphrasing an old quotation attributable to Sargent Shriver and adapted for CEO Kirby: "Beer for the boys and a courvosier for me!"

Last edited by manstein58; Nov 29, 2022 at 1:07 pm Reason: grammatical
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RockinRon
Flying ORD-MUC 11/30 and bought up to Polaris - 2 1Ks and 3 general members. Any ideas on how to find the menu for this flight? I scrolled back through November and didn't see that city pair - just ex-MUC.
See post #1847 above. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34769078-post1847.html

Its the menu I had on UA 944 ORD-FRA two days ago (27 Nov). Ex-USA to MUC is the same.

Pics:
Beef was 50% lump of fat/meat. Salad was basically nothing. Waffles weren't totally awful..

Can't speak to anything else on the menu though.

RockinRon likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gmt4
See post #1847 above. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34769078-post1847.html

Its the menu I had on UA 944 ORD-FRA two days ago (27 Nov). Ex-USA to MUC is the same.

Pics:
Beef was 50% lump of fat/meat. Salad was basically nothing. Waffles weren't totally awful..

Can't speak to anything else on the menu though.
Thanks - sounds like we might want to fill up in the Polaris Lounge and skip meal service.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by SS255
This is the most favorable review of the Polaris Bagel yet. But, I still think that United should strike a deal with Zabar's to source all bagels and their toppings.
The flying pigs will deliver the Bagels from the UWS to EWR then
SS255 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:57 pm

Ordered the Express Service and went to sleep

The FA’s moved l quickly to get me my food; had a couple of snacks in the Polaris Lounge so i ordered the chicken main and then the cheese and dessert. The flight was in a 767; i am always surprised how big the business cabin is. The trip was pretty bumpy, so i didnt sleep as much as i wanted to. The crew was great.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:28 am

Breakfast on UA40 ? (EWR-FCO Rome, Italy)

I recently booked, for this coming May, seats on UA40 in business class. The UA website does mention dinner served on board, but there is no mention of breakfast. I looked through the UA website twice, but still could find no mention of breakfast. The flight is scheduled to land at 7:45am the next morning.

Have I missed something? Would anyone here have info or knowledge about this point?

Thanks much in advance.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by JWilliamM
I recently booked, for this coming May, seats on UA40 in business class. The UA website does mention dinner served on board, but there is no mention of breakfast. I looked through the UA website twice, but still could find no mention of breakfast. The flight is scheduled to land at 7:45am the next morning.

Have I missed something? Would anyone here have info or knowledge about this point?

Thanks much in advance.
I am on this flight in a few weeks -- and yes there is breakfast served before arrival. Since your trip is in May there is no way to tell you what might be on the menu at that time -- but there will be a breakfast served about 90 minutes before arrival. The only thing for certain is that it won't taste that great.... As for dinner -- I would recommend dining in the Polaris lounge at EWR before departure -- IME the food is superior to anything you will get on board....
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
As for dinner -- I would recommend dining in the Polaris lounge at EWR before departure -- IME the food is superior to anything you will get on board....
I'd also suggest skipping the breakfast. I'd rather eat a takeaway pastry on arrival at FCO. It will be far better than whatever UA serves.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
I was on this flight earlier this month. Breakfast was served before landing but it was pretty sad.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Ams-iah 11/29/22

Flew from Amsterdam to Houston yesterday. Crew were friendly and attentive.

PDB OJ or Water

Had all the options except for the risotto on past flights.

Service started with cold nuts and a drink of choice. Since it was a morning flight I got a Bloody.

I got the spelts Risotto. The salad was actually pretty great unlike my last polaris flight with the weird salmon watermelon combo. This salad had a nice cilantro lime dressing and was a decent portion. Warmish Bread and butter not totally frozen. The risotto was by far the best main i've had in polaris recently. Not pictured was the standard pre made ice cream sundae, which was just ok.

Burger for second meal. Not bad not great. Nice stella to wash it down. Brownie was not good at all, bland and tasteless.

Bonus Tortilla soup at polaris lounge on arrival at Houston. I feel like I had this at the united club a few months ago.

Maple salmon, VERY GOOD! also i think the drink was the bourbon rodeo or something.
cesco.g, seanp7, Jaysonb22 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:31 pm

Thank you all three for sharing your experiences and thoughts. I will probably take your advice and eat dinner in the Polaris lounge and worry about breakfast when I land.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.