Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAD Polaris Lounge to open 21 October 2021?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD Polaris Lounge to open 21 October 2021?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
How's the IAD Polaris Lounge looking? Did they keep construction on schedule through pandemic?
It looks pretty much just as it did end-August (see fezzington's photo), which is the same as end-May. I'm not sure if that is because it is just about done, and they are just waiting for the right time to clean up and open up, or if they just suspended wherever they were back in May and will still have months of work to complete before opening.
fezzington likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not totally sure what to make if this or if significant:

A guy in a "business casual" type suit (of the style I am used to seeing on UA corporate mid-level executives) deplaned from F on ORD-IAD, was met by an airport rep (standard uniform for desk agents), and then walked over to the lounge construction area for an overview of the situation ("this is going to be the entrance", etc).

I tried to loiter and eavesdrop but didn't manage to catch any hard details about opening, if there were any to be given.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe "business casual" not quite right, "modern business" might be better description. (Sorry on phone, getting error trying to edit.)
Old Mar 30, 2021, 2:08 pm

How does modern business compare to whatever we call what came before it? Honestly no idea what modern business is
Old Mar 30, 2021, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
No necktie.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
No necktie.
Ah gotcha. I thought it was perhaps slim fit.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
It seems likely international flying will reopen late fall or so, so it would be great if they finished it.
DCFlyIAD likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
How does modern business compare to whatever we call what came before it? Honestly no idea what modern business is
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
No necktie.
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Ah gotcha. I thought it was perhaps slim fit.
Yeah, no necktie definitely, maybe slim fit, suit jacket with shorter tails, maybe single vent, two buttons & single breasted of course, pants hemmed higher / maybe no break — those kinds of things.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
Yeah, no necktie definitely, maybe slim fit, suit jacket with shorter tails, maybe single vent, two buttons & single breasted of course, pants hemmed higher / maybe no break — those kinds of things.
I need to complete the picture. Were there socks?
drewguy likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Believe this is a thread about UA's future IAD Polaris Lounge and not a discussion of the sartorial trends.
Let's return to relevant discussion.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
SPN Lifer, BlueZebra and thesun like this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Sartorial splendor aside, anyone ask anyone at UA recently as to what's the status of the IAD Polaris Lounge?

David
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Sartorial splendor aside, anyone ask anyone at UA recently as to what's the status of the IAD Polaris Lounge?

David
All of the UA people I've seen at IAD don't appear to be appropriately dressed.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee

David
I've only gotten vague answers from UC staff, ranging from "next year" to "don't know". But if I luck into again seeing some kind of meeting with people apparently in the know, I'm ready to delicately butt in with a quick question about opening plans. When I saw the above, I at first just thought it was a curious thing, and that it was more of idle chatting. It wasn't until I was walking away that I started connecting dots (off flight from ORD, dressed as has been described to death, met at the gate).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by fezzington
Found myself on this end of IAD for the first time in a long time. The outer construction is certainly finished. It looks like some of the inner finishing was done as well. The couches near the windows have plastic coverings over them.

I didn't realize what lounge I was looking at until it was too late to take a photo of the inside

Potato photo of the outside:
So the lounge is the part sticking out next to C18?
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by eng3
So the lounge is the part sticking out next to C18?
Yes. It's immediately to the left of the stairs/escalator as you come out of the connector tunnel from the train station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.