Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAD Polaris Lounge to open 21 October 2021?

IAD Polaris Lounge to open 21 October 2021?

Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by mattg85
In December I’m on LH J connecting through IAD from Munich on a UA ticket. Am I right in thinking we will have access to Polaris lounge on arrival at IAD before flight to IAH??
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html

Customers traveling in United Polaris business class on long-haul international flights may access the lounge before departure, during connections or upon arrival. Customers traveling in international first or business class cabins on Star AllianceTM partner airlines may access the lounge only at the airport of their international departure.
Rules indicate no. Unless being in a UA ticket (but not in UA Polaris) makes a difference?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mattg85
In December I’m on LH J connecting through IAD from Munich on a UA ticket. Am I right in thinking we will have access to Polaris lounge on arrival at IAD before flight to IAH??
no access. Only arriving on UA metal will grant access. Departing from IAD on LH will have access but not arriving on. UA ticket is irrelevant.
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
Sigh…my company still isn’t allowing ex-US travel (and we’re still working remotely). I will probably be 1 or 2Q 2022 before I’ll be able to take advantage of this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
...but then remembered the VA lounge at LHR, which had (when I was there some years ago) a library with books that you could take with you..
..to the barber in the lounge!
EWR764 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
..to the barber in the lounge!
…after a dip in the hot tub!! Fun times.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
no access. Only arriving on UA metal will grant access. Departing from IAD on LH will have access but not arriving on. UA ticket is irrelevant.
That’s a shame. Would have liked to try out the lounge especially as IAH lounge sounding unlikely to be open by the time we depart on UA earlier in the month.

We could switch to UA metal MUC-IAD no hassle but honestly not sure it’s worth it just to get lounge access given superior soft product on LH
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I have a NRT-SFO-IAD itinerary in business, will I have access to IAD Polaris Lounge upon landing at IAD?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I have a NRT-SFO-IAD itinerary in business, will I have access to IAD Polaris Lounge upon landing at IAD?
"Access upon arrival is available to customers who have already made a domestic connection."
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Provided the NRT-SFO is on UA metal, then yes... you will have access @IAD (if its open by your travel time).
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
"Access upon arrival is available to customers who have already made a domestic connection."
This is written ambiguously. As in the case of NRT-SFO-IAD, you can enter PL at all 3 airports (if said PLs exist and are open)

Unless “already made a domestic connection” means “cleared security for a domestic connection”
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
This is written ambiguously. As in the case of NRT-SFO-IAD, you can enter PL at all 3 airports (if said PLs exist and are open)

Unless “already made a domestic connection” means “cleared security for a domestic connection”
If you trip ends at SFO, you won't be able to access to SFO PL. It does not matter which airlines you fly with in this case.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I asked my colleague to get the opening date from an agent inside the nearby UC:

October 27, 2021.

I will miss it because my trip will be on Oct. 22.
Me too. I'm flying out on 10/21... I'm returning on 10/30, but I'm just going to go home, and not visit the lounge "just because" lol
Old Oct 18, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold
Polaris Lounge IAD opens October 21st

I walked by the Polaris Longe in IAD (Dulles terminal C) waiting for my flight to FRA. The lights are on, door is open, with balloons around the entrance, and I thought jackpot! Then I noticed an United employee next to the entrance and asked is the lounge open? She said soon, it will open Thursday. Doh!
SPN Lifer, nnn, seanp7 and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Downgrade
I walked by the Polaris Longe in IAD (Dulles terminal C) waiting for my flight to FRA. The lights are on, door is open, with balloons around the entrance, and I thought jackpot! Then I noticed an United employee next to the entrance and asked is the lounge open? She said soon, it will open Thursday. Doh!
Would have flown through IAD today from ZRH, except that UA once again cancelled the flight with maintenance issues. So much for not missing it by 2 days
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Downgrade
I hope that you are right. My colleague got the opening date of October 27 about ten days ago. See my earlier poster in this thread.

I will leave home earlier to visit this lounge on October 22 if the lounge is indeed open a day earlier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.