Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at IAH {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion of the United Clubs at IAH {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
E lounge without question. The best Presidents Club/United Club in the United States IMO.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
If you just need a place to sit and read on your computer, I don't think it matters which IAH club you end up in.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Is there any "First" type lounge accessible in Houston?

Flying very soon on Dreamliner F to LAX out of "E", connecting to UA F to Sydney.

Other than United Club, is there anything in Houston like the ritzy LAX and SFO "International First" lounges?

I recall LH might have something in D, but that is just a Senator type lounge I think?

Being a CO hub I thought they might have something nice tucked away if you know to ask for it.

Thanks for any input here.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Flying very soon on Dreamliner F to LAX out of "E", connecting to UA F to Sydney.

Other than United Club, is there anything in Houston like the ritzy LAX and SFO "International First" lounges?

I recall LH might have something in D, but that is just a Senator type lounge I think?

Being a CO hub I thought they might have something nice tucked away if you know to ask for it.

What you're flying on UA!? This must be an award ticket.. hope you enjoy the 787 at least.. I'm on it in April and looking forward to it.

There is no LH lounge at IAH... and UA has no first class lounges there either. The Club is your only option.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ozstamps

LH uses contract lounge in IAH D. Not fancy, can be crowded, but 'way better food choices than United Club - including hot food. Upper floor in E UC is quieter, less crowded, but you have to go down one level if you want anything from the bar. It could be a hike from LH lounge to your gate on the south side, so I'd just do a UC in Houston unless you get there real early and are hungry. Also - lounge has more limited hours.

Edit - since it's a contract lounge, your UA BP may not work there, now that I think about it...Looks like UC is only option.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Slight correction; the Dreamliner will be in C from IAH to LAX. No F on the Dreamliner.

The United Clubs in IAH do have showers, although they're awfully busy when the eastbound bank of flights arrive.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
We are flying in to IAH on a UA redeye and continuing in UA after 9 hours. We have 3 J award tickets and 3 Y award tickets on separate reservations. Can the three J ticket holders (one of them is a 2 yr old) invite the 3 Y passengers in to the UA club as guests? Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.2 MM
My vote is for E also, but after some international travels and stays at Lufthansa and Air Canada lounges recently, I am convinced that even the "good" UA lounges are really bad.

Originally Posted by ikonos
We are flying in to IAH on a UA redeye and continuing in UA after 9 hours. We have 3 J award tickets and 3 Y award tickets on separate reservations. Can the three J ticket holders (one of them is a 2 yr old) invite the 3 Y passengers in to the UA club as guests? Thanks.
Yes, every J ticket can take one guest.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 27, 2013 at 5:11 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by InterFlyer
Yes, every J ticket can take one guest.
J ticket passengers (if not *G) are not allowed any guests into UC/*A lounges. *G & GF are allowed one guest.

UC access policies
Old Jan 27, 2013, 4:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Planespotting?

Are any of the IAH lounges particularly good for planespotting take offs or landings? I'm at the one in E now, and there is a neat view of the start of a liftoff runway where I can stare at planes wait to line up and go, except that I can't see the "go" part
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
J ticket passengers (if not *G) are not allowed any guests into UC/*A lounges. *G & GF are allowed one guest.

UC access policies
How strictly are these rules applied at the IAH Terminal E or the C-South? I also have couple of "One-time passes" that came with the Chase United Explorer card and it says "Valid only in United Clubs. Excludes United Arrivals Lounge and United GF Lounge". Will these passes let two of my guests in to the above two clubs? I am primarily looking for Shower access. Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
How strictly are these rules applied at the IAH Terminal E or the C-South? I also have couple of "One-time passes" that came with the Chase United Explorer card and it says "Valid only in United Clubs. Excludes United Arrivals Lounge and United GF Lounge". Will these passes let two of my guests in to the above two clubs? I am primarily looking for Shower access. Thanks.
Passes are transferable. One pass gets one person in.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Your use of the word guest confuses reading your post, so I'll be detailed to make sure that you can do what you want.

If you give two people a pass each, then yes, they can access IAH E or C-South themselves. Neither is an arrival or GF lounge.

If you have a pass and want to take two guests, then no, they will not be allowed in. Passes are only valid for the holder.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:53 am

I gave 3 Business First and 3Y boarding passes together and the Terminal E lounge agent let us all in. I was going to use 2 passes for 2 guests and buy a pass for the third guest but I guess we caught a lucky break.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Is the E concourse club still the best of the clubs at IAH? Does it still have operable showers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.