Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at IAH {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion of the United Clubs at IAH {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:58 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by sannmann
Is the E concourse club still the best of the clubs at IAH? Does it still have operable showers?
Yes and yes. Just used the shower last month.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
If you want a good laugh...IAH UC one of best Airport Lounges in the World

The daily meal ranks the top 9 airport lounges in the world and includes a domestic United Club. Clicky Link
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This is probably just a list of all the lounges this blogger has ever visited. No US airline lounge anywhere in the world should even be in the top 100.

And #7 is missing...
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA-1K-MM AA-EXP-MM
Inaccurate list despite its claims

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
This is probably just a list of all the lounges this blogger has ever visited. No US airline lounge anywhere in the world should even be in the top 100.

And #7 is missing...
This list is widely inaccurate and claims to be an objective analysis. In the article the author states: "a list of the top nine airline club lounges around the world, chosen from the top five- and four star-rated airlines on SKYTRAX Air Travel Ratings & Reviews. The list is ranked based on the top amenities, including food and drink, as well as the design and structural innovation."

I would welcome an accurate objective top 10 lounge list and I promise no US lounge would be on that list.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
that would be bizarre if those things weren't paid up ads anyways.

putting the United Club or the AAdmirals club on a top clubs list (and even commenting on their comp'd cocktails) is hilarious. UA's FCL isn't as pathetic as the UC's and that isn't on the list...
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
After you've been to a real airline lounge like (SQ, QF, TG), you'll notice that the United clubs are a somewhere between a refugee camp and a minor upgrade from the gate area, on a good day.

This guy should pass whatever he was smoking and perhaps it would help clue us in on his USA lounge choices.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Physically, IAH Terminal E lounge is not a bad lounge at all - spacious, clean, well-lit, reasonably comfortable chairs, and decent showers. But top ten where the criteria include "food and drink"? I'm kinda speechless here . . . .
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
What a joke. Chances are the author of that list is not even an elite member.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
The article itself is a joke.

I would not worry too much about the detail.

In fact, I sympathize the naiveness of Kristen Oliveri.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
As much as I like Term E President's Club ..... er, used to like before they took away .... um, well pretty much everything.

A random LH lounge at FRA is better. I could go on
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
This is probably just a list of all the lounges this blogger has ever visited.
Unlikely - if the blogger had been to both the QF First Lounge in Sydney and the
United Club in Houston I doubt that they would have made it on the same list
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
New United Club in IAH Terminal B

Parked at IAH B yesterday, as that's where my return flight would arrive, and headed to new addition to grab a bite. Saw a stair case blocked off, went down side hallway to find accompanying elevator and saw indication for new UC one floor up.

Proceeded to existing UC in B and mentioned to the agent, who stated that it won't be for a while, and that existing UC in B has renovation upcoming.

(I don't know if the pics will work, as my rules say I can't post attachments, and these are the only way I know to get URLs... pics taken from iPhone, would appreciate help on how to display if they don't come out)

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Apr 12, 2014 at 1:44 pm Reason: adding pics with new skills!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Indeed, you're images don't work. Try uploading them here: http://imgur.com/

As for the UC in B, back when I was connecting through B weekly, that club was always packed. I started just taking the train over to C or A since there was no where to sit in the terminal either (this was pre-renovation).

They really need to double the size of that club, at least.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Indeed, you're images don't work. Try uploading them here: http://imgur.com/

As for the UC in B, back when I was connecting through B weekly, that club was always packed. I started just taking the train over to C or A since there was no where to sit in the terminal either (this was pre-renovation).

They really need to double the size of that club, at least.
Thanks! I learned something new!
I agree with current B club. Never any papers left, I usually hit up another club as well.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Terminal B is used for small jets right? I've only been to C and E the past 6 months

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.