Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
More information on earning PQP as a Cardmember
  • Earn up to 1,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Explorer Card, UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, United ClubSM Business Card, United MileagePlus® Awards Card, United MileagePlus® Card with annual fee, UnitedSM Business Card, and United MileagePlus® Business Card earn 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 3,000 PQP: The United MileagePlus® Select Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 6,000 PQP: The United QuestSM Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 6,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The United ClubSM Infinite Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card earn 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • The United GatewaySM Card and United MileagePlus® Card with no annual fee do not earn PQP for card spend.
  • New for the 2024 program year: PQP earned from card spend can be applied toward the combined PQP and PQF or PQP-only requirements for 1K status.
  • All eligible Cardmembers must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express to be eligible for Premier status.
  • Please visit our Cardmember page for information about your specific card benefits or learn more about earning PQP as a Cardmember on our FAQs page.
Chase accounting
  • The PQP bonus is based on spend in a calendar year using the date provided by the merchant.
  • The accumulative total resets on 1 Jan
  • This total spend inclusive of refund and does not include annual fee, interest payments, cash withdraws, ...
  • Refunds after issuance of the PQPs does not revoke the bonus but (probably) creates a negative running balance.
  • Payment of the balance is not required -- just the net accumulative spend in a calendar year
  • Statement date is not a consider, so statement balance should not be used.
  • Chase provides a YTD summary of spend.

Earning Premier qualifying credit with your co-branded MileagePlus credit card
For the 2021 program year, MileagePlus members who are also primary UnitedSM MileagePlus Chase Cardmembers are eligible to earn Premier qualifying points (PQP) based on their annual credit card spend.
  • New in 2021 — Earn toward Premier 1K® status: Members can now apply PQP earned through co-branded MileagePlus® credit cards toward Premier 1K status. Cardmembers must meet the Premier qualifying flight (PQF) requirement for 1K status. Cardmembers with the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to Premier 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement.
  • Earn up to 1,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Explorer Card, UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, United ClubSM Business Card, United MileagePlus® Awards Card, United MileagePlus® Card with annual fee, UnitedSM Business Card, and United MileagePlus® Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 3,000 PQP: The United MileagePlus® Select Card, United ClubSM Infinite Card, United ClubSM Card, and United QuestSM Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Maximum of 5,000 PQP: The maximum number of PQP that can be earned on eligible card spend in a calendar year is 5,000 PQP per MileagePlus account. PQP earned from the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card are excluded from this cap.
  • The United GatewaySM Card and United MileagePlus® Card with no annual fee do not earn PQP for card spend.
  • All eligible Cardmembers must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express® to be eligible for Premier status.
  • All PQP earned on eligible card spend and Flex PQP can be applied up to Platinum. For the 2021 program year, Flex PQP will continue to be applied up to Platinum status, while the card-earned PQP can be applied to 1K status if the Cardmember meets the PQF requirement for 1K. Cardmembers with UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement for 1K.
  • United TravelBank Cardmembers do not earn PQP for card spend.

Print Wikipost

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Purchase date as posted by vendor in the calendar year
SPN Lifer and STS-134 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
I have 3250 CC PQP which I believe 750 or so were from the bonus PQP offer in Q2. Am I correct in assuming I can still earn another 500PQP before I reach limit on the Quest card? 3000 + 750 bonus.
?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I have 3250 CC PQP which I believe 750 or so were from the bonus PQP offer in Q2. Am I correct in assuming I can still earn another 500PQP before I reach limit on the Quest card? 3000 + 750 bonus.
?
Yes, bonus PQP do not count toward the per-card PQP limits.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
I got an offer to "spend $15,500 in purchases with your United Business Card between July 1 and September 30, 2022." I have done this, but the promo PQP doesn't yet show up. The email says 4-6 weeks upon reaching the goal, but it's been 10. Who would I contact?

Last edited by schalliol; Sep 22, 2022 at 4:19 pm
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by schalliol
I got an offer to "spend $15,500 in purchases with your United Business Card between July 1 and September 30, 2022." I have done this, but the promo PQP doesn't yet show up. The email says 4-6 weeks upon reaching the goal, but it's been 10. Who would I contact?
I don't have the same promotion, but are you sure the email explicitly says 4-6 weeks after completing the goal?

IME, most of the promos I've received like this are rewarded 4-6 weeks after the overall promo end date, not the spend date, unless there are multiple "tiers" of bonus that can be earned throughout the promo period. IME, the "one-and-done" type promos usually don't post until after the overall promo window.

In either case, your primary contact for this would be Chase Cardmember Service. It's going to be impossible to explain what you need to their phone agents, so I'd recommend just starting with their online contact form and include a link to the promo URL, and reference the dates you expected to receive the promo.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Thanks. Yep!

Here's a screenshot:

Last edited by schalliol; Sep 23, 2022 at 2:32 pm
Old Sep 23, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Purchase date as posted by vendor in the calendar year
I recently had a transaction on my presidential plus that put me over the spend to get 500 PQP
15 SEP Transaction posted on credit card ledger
22 SEP PQP Earn Presidential Plus Card in MP ledger

Statement closing date will be on the 27th.

So it coincides with spend, not statement date, but there was a week of delay.
SPN Lifer and STS-134 like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wooglin
IME, most of the promos I've received like this are rewarded 4-6 weeks after the overall promo end date,
And IME, even those aren’t always accurate. I think the promo I had (related to Japan Olympics) posted after the 4-6 week period mentioned, maybe 8 or 10 weeks. In fact, forgot about it until I saw it posted.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Would anyone happen to know how My Chase Plan affects the purchase threshold on PQP earning?

I put a few big ticket expenses this month onto My Chase Plans because I figured, well, why not? The plans are no interest, and Chase was offering no fees as part of a promotion, so I went for it.

With the total balance, I should pretty easily hit $12,000 in spend to get 500 PQP, though with the My Chase Plan, some of my payments are now pushed off into next year (I went for 6-month plans.) So even though I will likely end up charging more than $12,000 on the card by the end of the year, I will not have paid all of it off by the end of the year if I stick to the current My Chase Plan schedule, and that could mean that I pay off less than $12,000 by Dec. 31.

Will I still get the PQP? I'll pay off the My Chase Plans early if the answer is 'no.' The extra 500 PQP could make or break whether I hit Plat for next year.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by char777
Would anyone happen to know how My Chase Plan affects the purchase threshold on PQP earning?

I put a few big ticket expenses this month onto My Chase Plans because I figured, well, why not? The plans are no interest, and Chase was offering no fees as part of a promotion, so I went for it.

With the total balance, I should pretty easily hit $12,000 in spend to get 500 PQP, though with the My Chase Plan, some of my payments are now pushed off into next year (I went for 6-month plans.) So even though I will likely end up charging more than $12,000 on the card by the end of the year, I will not have paid all of it off by the end of the year if I stick to the current My Chase Plan schedule, and that could mean that I pay off less than $12,000 by Dec. 31.

Will I still get the PQP? I'll pay off the My Chase Plans early if the answer is 'no.' The extra 500 PQP could make or break whether I hit Plat for next year.

PQP is based on credit card spend (purchases) in the calendar year, not on how much you pay toward your card balance in a calendar year.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by 50Kthehardway
I recently had a transaction on my presidential plus that put me over the spend to get 500 PQP
15 SEP Transaction posted on credit card ledger
22 SEP PQP Earn Presidential Plus Card in MP ledger

Statement closing date will be on the 27th.

So it coincides with spend, not statement date, but there was a week of delay.
That's interesting. My Presidential Plus card monthly closing date is the 28th of each month, and when I reach or pass a $12K spending threshold, I typically don't see my 500 PQP post to to my MP account until about a week to 10 days or so after my monthly closing date.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by auandagbug
That's interesting. My Presidential Plus card monthly closing date is the 28th of each month, and when I reach or pass a $12K spending threshold, I typically don't see my 500 PQP post to to my MP account until about a week to 10 days or so after my monthly closing date.
Yeah but if those 10 days cross into a new year, the PQP could post retroactively to the old year. Just because it takes 10 days for them to post doesn't necessarily mean you won't get credit for them in the previous year.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 7:54 pm
scf

Hi there! I've tried searching for this answer but no luck thus far. I'm looking into getting a Chase CC that provides PQP but am curious about the earning increments. Is it only at $12k spend you get 500 PQP or, for example, if you spend $6k you can earn 250 PQP? Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:11 pm

They’re cliffs, so you have to spend to each threshold. You can get 1,000 if you do $24 K or 500 if you do $12 K. Below $12K you get zero. That said, I got a 625 bonus offer this year for extra spending.
scf likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:12 pm
scf

Thanks for confirming!
schalliol likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.