Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
More information on earning PQP as a Cardmember
  • Earn up to 1,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Explorer Card, UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, United ClubSM Business Card, United MileagePlus® Awards Card, United MileagePlus® Card with annual fee, UnitedSM Business Card, and United MileagePlus® Business Card earn 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 3,000 PQP: The United MileagePlus® Select Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 6,000 PQP: The United QuestSM Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 6,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The United ClubSM Infinite Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card earn 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • The United GatewaySM Card and United MileagePlus® Card with no annual fee do not earn PQP for card spend.
  • New for the 2024 program year: PQP earned from card spend can be applied toward the combined PQP and PQF or PQP-only requirements for 1K status.
  • All eligible Cardmembers must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express to be eligible for Premier status.
  • Please visit our Cardmember page for information about your specific card benefits or learn more about earning PQP as a Cardmember on our FAQs page.
Chase accounting
  • The PQP bonus is based on spend in a calendar year using the date provided by the merchant.
  • The accumulative total resets on 1 Jan
  • This total spend inclusive of refund and does not include annual fee, interest payments, cash withdraws, ...
  • Refunds after issuance of the PQPs does not revoke the bonus but (probably) creates a negative running balance.
  • Payment of the balance is not required -- just the net accumulative spend in a calendar year
  • Statement date is not a consider, so statement balance should not be used.
  • Chase provides a YTD summary of spend.

Earning Premier qualifying credit with your co-branded MileagePlus credit card
For the 2021 program year, MileagePlus members who are also primary UnitedSM MileagePlus Chase Cardmembers are eligible to earn Premier qualifying points (PQP) based on their annual credit card spend.
  • New in 2021 — Earn toward Premier 1K® status: Members can now apply PQP earned through co-branded MileagePlus® credit cards toward Premier 1K status. Cardmembers must meet the Premier qualifying flight (PQF) requirement for 1K status. Cardmembers with the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to Premier 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement.
  • Earn up to 1,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Explorer Card, UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, United ClubSM Business Card, United MileagePlus® Awards Card, United MileagePlus® Card with annual fee, UnitedSM Business Card, and United MileagePlus® Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 3,000 PQP: The United MileagePlus® Select Card, United ClubSM Infinite Card, United ClubSM Card, and United QuestSM Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Maximum of 5,000 PQP: The maximum number of PQP that can be earned on eligible card spend in a calendar year is 5,000 PQP per MileagePlus account. PQP earned from the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card are excluded from this cap.
  • The United GatewaySM Card and United MileagePlus® Card with no annual fee do not earn PQP for card spend.
  • All eligible Cardmembers must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express® to be eligible for Premier status.
  • All PQP earned on eligible card spend and Flex PQP can be applied up to Platinum. For the 2021 program year, Flex PQP will continue to be applied up to Platinum status, while the card-earned PQP can be applied to 1K status if the Cardmember meets the PQF requirement for 1K. Cardmembers with UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement for 1K.
  • United TravelBank Cardmembers do not earn PQP for card spend.

Print Wikipost

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 1:50 pm

I have the MP Explorer card, and just got credited for 500 PQP twice. I'm over $12k in spend on the card but know I'm nowhere near $24k. Both say "PQP Earn Explorer Card" but they were credited on different days (10/20 and 10/23), so it's not an exact duplicate.

The only other thing I can think of is that I got an offer for 125 PQP for $2500 spend during a certain time period (July to Sept or something - had to choose between that, a $ credit, or 2500 miles or something), which I expect to get (and should be credited fairly soon).

Main question is am I missing something and could this be correct? If it's not correct, what are the chances of it being reversed? Getting these extra PQP could definitely affect me going for Platinum or not.

Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by monkeys
I have the MP Explorer card, and just got credited for 500 PQP twice. I'm over $12k in spend on the card but know I'm nowhere near $24k. Both say "PQP Earn Explorer Card" but they were credited on different days (10/20 and 10/23), so it's not an exact duplicate.

The only other thing I can think of is that I got an offer for 125 PQP for $2500 spend during a certain time period (July to Sept or something - had to choose between that, a $ credit, or 2500 miles or something), which I expect to get (and should be credited fairly soon).

Main question is am I missing something and could this be correct? If it's not correct, what are the chances of it being reversed? Getting these extra PQP could definitely affect me going for Platinum or not.

Thanks.
I just had the same thing happen and I was not eligible for the special PQP offer.
monkeys likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:15 pm

I got 2 x 500 PQP on 10/20
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by UAFAM
Was this about the right time that you should have gotten 1 x 500 PQP?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by UAFAM
If this is pushing you over a qualification threshold, I would be inclined to see if it sticks before counting your chickens, they may claw it back.
monkeys and 8MiHi like this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
If this is pushing you over a qualification threshold, I would be inclined to see if it sticks before counting your chickens, they may claw it back.
It won't push me over but it could affect things I do for the rest of the year (e.g. get the biz card and put $24k worth of taxes on it or take a cheap/short R/T to give me 24 PQF as right now it looks like I may end up with 22). Any clue how long is long enough to see if it sticks?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by monkeys
Was this about the right time that you should have gotten 1 2 x 500 PQP?
YES
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
How long after the CC closes does it take for the 500 PQP for $12k spend take to post?

I'm going to spend my way into silver for next year because after that, I'm out of the flex points
Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mary2e
How long after the CC closes does it take for the 500 PQP for $12k spend take to post? ...
IME roughly the statement close date of the statement that you achieve the the threshold. If the two events are very close it may be later -- next statement?
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
IME roughly the statement close date of the statement that you achieve the the threshold. If the two events are very close it may be later -- next statement?
Thanks. My statement closes on the 24th of the month, and to make sure I get close to the $12k I need, I'm going to try for November, but it's good to know that I will still have enough time in December in the event I can't.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Shaetan
I just had the same thing happen and I was not eligible for the special PQP offer.
and it was removed
Old Oct 29, 2022, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Shaetan
and it was removed
Same here! Better now than in late December I guess.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:10 pm

I expect to reach a 12K spend threshold with my Chase United Infinite card in December. If the PQP award is not credited to my MP account until January will it still count towards 2022 elite status earned? Thoughts?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, widnes424
Originally Posted by widnes424
I expect to reach a 12K spend threshold with my Chase United Infinite card in December. If the PQP award is not credited to my MP account until January will it still count towards 2022 elite status earned? Thoughts?
Yes if earned in 2022, it will credit to your 2022 PQPs.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Welcome to FT!, widnes424
Yes if earned in 2022, it will credit to your 2022 PQPs.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.