FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2044810-general-chase-mp-credit-cards-purchase-pqp-questions-tracking-spend-when-posted.html)

char777 Jun 18, 2021 11:15 pm

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

Does anyone know whether the 500PQP earned per $12,000 in spend is cumulative across UA-branded cards, or does it only count separately for each card? If I have, for example, $20,000 in spend on the Quest card and $5,000 on the Explorer card, does that count for 500 or 1,000PQP?

WineCountryUA Jun 18, 2021 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by char777 (Post 33340121)
Does anyone know whether the 500PQP earned per $12,000 in spend is cumulative across UA-branded cards, or does it only count separately for each card? If I have, for example, $20,000 in spend on the Quest card and $5,000 on the Explorer card, does that count for 500 or 1,000PQP?

Each card is individually handled but you can earn bonuses from multiple cards up to a total of 5,000 PQP (not including earnings from Presidential Plus cards)

schalliol Jun 23, 2021 11:15 pm

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

I now have a United Business card that features 500 PQP per $12K spend (up to 1,000), but nowhere on Chase or United do I see any progress indicator or even mention of this outside the terms. Is there a way to see how much is applied toward this spend anywhere? Also, does anyone know how quickly it applies? For example, if you spent to the $12K on Dec 30th, would you receive the PQP for the current year or the next and when would it show up? Thanks!

WineCountryUA Jun 24, 2021 12:04 am

There my be some learnings from the prior program,Consolidated "When do PQMs from Chase Credit Cards Post?" Thread [Merged]

That program was calendar base. Earning started at zero on 1 January and included everything thru 31 December
The earning in a calendar year posted to the elite status of the same year
Earnings posted approx a month after the billing cycle they were earned

50Kthehardway Jun 24, 2021 4:57 am

Originally Posted by schalliol (Post 33352641)
I now have a United Business card that features 500 PQP per $12K spend (up to 1,000), but nowhere on Chase or United do I see any progress indicator or even mention of this outside the terms. Is there a way to see how much is applied toward this spend anywhere? Also, does anyone know how quickly it applies? For example, if you spent to the $12K on Dec 30th, would you receive the PQP for the current year or the next and when would it show up? Thanks!

I have the Presidential Plus and Mrs 50K has Explorer. For both, we had to estimate progress to 12K by looking at statements, couldn't find a tracker.

My hitting 12K and statement closing date are too close to determine which wins, but the time between hitting 12K and seeing bonus PQP post in the status tracker was 12-15 calendar days. Mileage earned seems to hit on statement date.

schalliol Jun 24, 2021 5:42 am

Thanks very much. I had a conventional mile bonus when I signed up that shows up to track in the Chase app, but it seems strange that they don’t show anything on this!

wjj Jun 24, 2021 8:23 am

Not really a tracker, but close enough. On the Chase web page for your credit card, click on the "more" menu on the right side and then select "spending report". From there you can get a detailed year to date spending report that includes total spend which you can use to determine how close you are to the next $12K threshold.

Wooglin Oct 17, 2021 5:24 pm

I had the MP Explorer card until August, but now that I'm back to regularly flying for work again, I called Chase and asked them to upgrade the card to the United Club Infinite Card.

In doing so, Chase issued me a new card, transferred the credit limit from the Explorer card to the UC card, and the Explorer Card now shows as "closed."

I had $10K YTD spend on the Explorer card, and another $4K on the UC card (thru my last billing cycle), but I have not seen any PQP post to my MP account like the RDMs have.

Since that account is now "closed", did I just lose that $10K spend toward the $12K/500 PQP earning?

WineCountryUA Oct 30, 2021 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin (Post 33652939)
I had the MP Explorer card until August, but now that I'm back to regularly flying for work again, I called Chase and asked them to upgrade the card to the United Club Infinite Card.

In doing so, Chase issued me a new card, transferred the credit limit from the Explorer card to the UC card, and the Explorer Card now shows as "closed."

I had $10K YTD spend on the Explorer card, and another $4K on the UC card (thru my last billing cycle), but I have not seen any PQP post to my MP account like the RDMs have.

Since that account is now "closed", did I just lose that $10K spend toward the $12K/500 PQP earning?

Believe credit card spend for PQP is by card and not accumulative as the cards have different earning caps and different status they can applied to. The T&Cs do not mention accumulative spend but refer to spend on the card.
There is a PQP cap for each Mileage plus account and the T&Cs refer to earning PQPs from multiple cards.

economyplusfan Nov 12, 2021 9:43 pm

5000 PQP on United Club Card

I just got an extra 2,000 PQP, putting me at Platinum, from my United Club Card. That puts me at 5,000 PQP from the card. I thought the Max for that card was 3,000.

DELee Nov 13, 2021 7:05 am

Originally Posted by economyplusfan (Post 33724619)
I just got an extra 2,000 PQP, putting me at Platinum, from my United Club Card. That puts me at 5,000 PQP from the card. I thought the Max for that card was 3,000.

Well, whatever your spend was, you got credit from Chase and UA.

David

dsauch Nov 16, 2021 11:16 am

I am about to close old`ish UA Business card. With fee going up, price protection gone - its not worth it any more.
The fee will hit in December statement, but I just realized they sent me UA club passes back in September. Is this normal? I expected passes to be given and then taken away in December. Is there a chance I get to keep my passes?

DELee Nov 16, 2021 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by dsauch (Post 33733774)
I am about to close old`ish UA Business card. With fee going up, price protection gone - its not worth it any more.
The fee will hit in December statement, but I just realized they sent me UA club passes back in September. Is this normal? I expected passes to be given and then taken away in December. Is there a chance I get to keep my passes?

Do you need the passes?Are they that important to you?

David

Davidl81 Nov 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by economyplusfan (Post 33724619)

Same here. No idea what I did to get an extra 2,000 pqp (well I have spent a lot of money on the card, but nothing I can find that would have granted me an extra 2,000 pqp at one time), but I'll take it. It puts me at platinum and I will have enough PQP to be at 1k by the EOY, but I will not have enough flights. Too bad the PQP only with the card bonus miles does not count toward 1K.

festdave Nov 17, 2021 9:51 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33352692)
There my be some learnings from the prior program,Consolidated "When do PQMs from Chase Credit Cards Post?" Thread [Merged]

That program was calendar base. Earning started at zero on 1 January and included everything thru 31 December
The earning in a calendar year posted to the elite status of the same year
Earnings posted approx a month after the billing cycle they were earned

I understand the rates and the posting times, but has anyone confirmed, with the shift to PQP, whether the "tracker" from $0-$12,000 resets on January 1, or your card anniversary, or not at all? I've heard all 3 but would love to avoid questioning Chase if possible. I've got 2 cards (an old PPMC and a new Quest) that this applies to.