Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 8, 22, 6:21 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Earning Premier qualifying credit with your co-branded MileagePlus credit card
For the 2021 program year, MileagePlus members who are also primary UnitedSM MileagePlus Chase Cardmembers are eligible to earn Premier qualifying points (PQP) based on their annual credit card spend.
  • New in 2021 Earn toward Premier 1K status: Members can now apply PQP earned through co-branded MileagePlus credit cards toward Premier 1K status. Cardmembers must meet the Premier qualifying flight (PQF) requirement for 1K status. Cardmembers with the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to Premier 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement.
  • Earn up to 1,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Explorer Card, UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, United ClubSM Business Card, United MileagePlus Awards Card, United MileagePlus Card with annual fee, UnitedSM Business Card, and United MileagePlus Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 3,000 PQP: The United MileagePlus Select Card, United ClubSM Infinite Card, United ClubSM Card, and United QuestSM Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Maximum of 5,000 PQP: The maximum number of PQP that can be earned on eligible card spend in a calendar year is 5,000 PQP per MileagePlus account. PQP earned from the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card are excluded from this cap.
  • The United GatewaySM Card and United MileagePlus Card with no annual fee do not earn PQP for card spend.
  • All eligible Cardmembers must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express to be eligible for Premier status.
  • All PQP earned on eligible card spend and Flex PQP can be applied up to Platinum. For the 2021 program year, Flex PQP will continue to be applied up to Platinum status, while the card-earned PQP can be applied to 1K status if the Cardmember meets the PQF requirement for 1K. Cardmembers with UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement for 1K.
United TravelBank Cardmembers do not earn PQP for card spend.
The TravelBank card is now the Gateway card
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 19, 21, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, AF, Chase, Accor Silver

Does anyone know whether the 500PQP earned per $12,000 in spend is cumulative across UA-branded cards, or does it only count separately for each card? If I have, for example, $20,000 in spend on the Quest card and $5,000 on the Explorer card, does that count for 500 or 1,000PQP?
Old Jun 19, 21, 12:23 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by char777 View Post
Does anyone know whether the 500PQP earned per $12,000 in spend is cumulative across UA-branded cards, or does it only count separately for each card? If I have, for example, $20,000 in spend on the Quest card and $5,000 on the Explorer card, does that count for 500 or 1,000PQP?
Each card is individually handled but you can earn bonuses from multiple cards up to a total of 5,000 PQP (not including earnings from Presidential Plus cards)
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Jun 24, 21, 12:15 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue

I now have a United Business card that features 500 PQP per $12K spend (up to 1,000), but nowhere on Chase or United do I see any progress indicator or even mention of this outside the terms. Is there a way to see how much is applied toward this spend anywhere? Also, does anyone know how quickly it applies? For example, if you spent to the $12K on Dec 30th, would you receive the PQP for the current year or the next and when would it show up? Thanks!
ORDflyr likes this.
Old Jun 24, 21, 1:04 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
There my be some learnings from the prior program,Consolidated "When do PQMs from Chase Credit Cards Post?" Thread [Merged]

That program was calendar base. Earning started at zero on 1 January and included everything thru 31 December
The earning in a calendar year posted to the elite status of the same year
Earnings posted approx a month after the billing cycle they were earned
Old Jun 24, 21, 5:57 am

Programs: UA:1K Marriott:Gold Hilton:Silver IHG:Gold
Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
I now have a United Business card that features 500 PQP per $12K spend (up to 1,000), but nowhere on Chase or United do I see any progress indicator or even mention of this outside the terms. Is there a way to see how much is applied toward this spend anywhere? Also, does anyone know how quickly it applies? For example, if you spent to the $12K on Dec 30th, would you receive the PQP for the current year or the next and when would it show up? Thanks!
I have the Presidential Plus and Mrs 50K has Explorer. For both, we had to estimate progress to 12K by looking at statements, couldn't find a tracker.

My hitting 12K and statement closing date are too close to determine which wins, but the time between hitting 12K and seeing bonus PQP post in the status tracker was 12-15 calendar days. Mileage earned seems to hit on statement date.
Old Jun 24, 21, 6:42 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Thanks very much. I had a conventional mile bonus when I signed up that shows up to track in the Chase app, but it seems strange that they dont show anything on this!
Old Jun 24, 21, 9:23 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Not really a tracker, but close enough. On the Chase web page for your credit card, click on the "more" menu on the right side and then select "spending report". From there you can get a detailed year to date spending report that includes total spend which you can use to determine how close you are to the next $12K threshold.
SPN Lifer, ORDflyr and CREN like this.
Old Oct 17, 21, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
I had the MP Explorer card until August, but now that I'm back to regularly flying for work again, I called Chase and asked them to upgrade the card to the United Club Infinite Card.

In doing so, Chase issued me a new card, transferred the credit limit from the Explorer card to the UC card, and the Explorer Card now shows as "closed."

I had $10K YTD spend on the Explorer card, and another $4K on the UC card (thru my last billing cycle), but I have not seen any PQP post to my MP account like the RDMs have.

Since that account is now "closed", did I just lose that $10K spend toward the $12K/500 PQP earning?

Last edited by Wooglin; Oct 17, 21 at 6:26 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 30, 21, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Wooglin View Post
I had the MP Explorer card until August, but now that I'm back to regularly flying for work again, I called Chase and asked them to upgrade the card to the United Club Infinite Card.

In doing so, Chase issued me a new card, transferred the credit limit from the Explorer card to the UC card, and the Explorer Card now shows as "closed."

I had $10K YTD spend on the Explorer card, and another $4K on the UC card (thru my last billing cycle), but I have not seen any PQP post to my MP account like the RDMs have.

Since that account is now "closed", did I just lose that $10K spend toward the $12K/500 PQP earning?
Believe credit card spend for PQP is by card and not accumulative as the cards have different earning caps and different status they can applied to. The T&Cs do not mention accumulative spend but refer to spend on the card.
There is a PQP cap for each Mileage plus account and the T&Cs refer to earning PQPs from multiple cards.
Old Nov 12, 21, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat
5000 PQP on United Club Card

I just got an extra 2,000 PQP, putting me at Platinum, from my United Club Card. That puts me at 5,000 PQP from the card. I thought the Max for that card was 3,000.
Old Nov 13, 21, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by economyplusfan View Post
I just got an extra 2,000 PQP, putting me at Platinum, from my United Club Card. That puts me at 5,000 PQP from the card. I thought the Max for that card was 3,000.
Well, whatever your spend was, you got credit from Chase and UA.

David
Old Nov 16, 21, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
I am about to close old`ish UA Business card. With fee going up, price protection gone - its not worth it any more.
The fee will hit in December statement, but I just realized they sent me UA club passes back in September. Is this normal? I expected passes to be given and then taken away in December. Is there a chance I get to keep my passes?
Old Nov 16, 21, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dsauch View Post
I am about to close old`ish UA Business card. With fee going up, price protection gone - its not worth it any more.
The fee will hit in December statement, but I just realized they sent me UA club passes back in September. Is this normal? I expected passes to be given and then taken away in December. Is there a chance I get to keep my passes?
Do you need the passes?Are they that important to you?

David
Old Nov 16, 21, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by economyplusfan View Post
Same here. No idea what I did to get an extra 2,000 pqp (well I have spent a lot of money on the card, but nothing I can find that would have granted me an extra 2,000 pqp at one time), but I'll take it. It puts me at platinum and I will have enough PQP to be at 1k by the EOY, but I will not have enough flights. Too bad the PQP only with the card bonus miles does not count toward 1K.
Old Nov 17, 21, 10:51 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
There my be some learnings from the prior program,Consolidated "When do PQMs from Chase Credit Cards Post?" Thread [Merged]

That program was calendar base. Earning started at zero on 1 January and included everything thru 31 December
The earning in a calendar year posted to the elite status of the same year
Earnings posted approx a month after the billing cycle they were earned
I understand the rates and the posting times, but has anyone confirmed, with the shift to PQP, whether the "tracker" from $0-$12,000 resets on January 1, or your card anniversary, or not at all? I've heard all 3 but would love to avoid questioning Chase if possible. I've got 2 cards (an old PPMC and a new Quest) that this applies to.

Search this Thread