Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
More information on earning PQP as a Cardmember
  • Earn up to 1,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Explorer Card, UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, United ClubSM Business Card, United MileagePlus Awards Card, United MileagePlus Card with annual fee, UnitedSM Business Card, and United MileagePlus Business Card earn 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 3,000 PQP: The United MileagePlus Select Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 6,000 PQP: The United QuestSM Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 6,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The United ClubSM Infinite Card earns 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card earn 25 PQP for every $500 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • The United GatewaySM Card and United MileagePlus Card with no annual fee do not earn PQP for card spend.
  • New for the 2024 program year: PQP earned from card spend can be applied toward the combined PQP and PQF or PQP-only requirements for 1K status.
  • All eligible Cardmembers must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express to be eligible for Premier status.
  • Please visit our Cardmember page for information about your specific card benefits or learn more about earning PQP as a Cardmember on our FAQs page.
Chase accounting
  • The PQP bonus is based on spend in a calendar year using the date provided by the merchant.
  • The accumulative total resets on 1 Jan
  • This total spend inclusive of refund and does not include annual fee, interest payments, cash withdraws, ...
  • Refunds after issuance of the PQPs does not revoke the bonus but (probably) creates a negative running balance.
  • Payment of the balance is not required -- just the net accumulative spend in a calendar year
  • Statement date is not a consider, so statement balance should not be used.
  • Chase provides a YTD summary of spend.

Earning Premier qualifying credit with your co-branded MileagePlus credit card
For the 2021 program year, MileagePlus members who are also primary UnitedSM MileagePlus Chase Cardmembers are eligible to earn Premier qualifying points (PQP) based on their annual credit card spend.
  • New in 2021 Earn toward Premier 1K status: Members can now apply PQP earned through co-branded MileagePlus credit cards toward Premier 1K status. Cardmembers must meet the Premier qualifying flight (PQF) requirement for 1K status. Cardmembers with the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to Premier 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement.
  • Earn up to 1,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Explorer Card, UnitedSM Explorer Business Card, United ClubSM Business Card, United MileagePlus Awards Card, United MileagePlus Card with annual fee, UnitedSM Business Card, and United MileagePlus Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 3,000 PQP: The United MileagePlus Select Card, United ClubSM Infinite Card, United ClubSM Card, and United QuestSM Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 3,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Earn up to 10,000 PQP: The UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 10,000 PQP in a calendar year.
  • Maximum of 5,000 PQP: The maximum number of PQP that can be earned on eligible card spend in a calendar year is 5,000 PQP per MileagePlus account. PQP earned from the UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card are excluded from this cap.
  • The United GatewaySM Card and United MileagePlus Card with no annual fee do not earn PQP for card spend.
  • All eligible Cardmembers must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express to be eligible for Premier status.
  • All PQP earned on eligible card spend and Flex PQP can be applied up to Platinum. For the 2021 program year, Flex PQP will continue to be applied up to Platinum status, while the card-earned PQP can be applied to 1K status if the Cardmember meets the PQF requirement for 1K. Cardmembers with UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card will continue to be able to apply the card-earned PQP to 1K status without having to meet the PQF requirement for 1K.
  • United TravelBank Cardmembers do not earn PQP for card spend.

Print Wikipost

General Chase MP Credit Cards purchase PQP Questions - tracking spend,when posted,...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by DELee
Do you need the passes?Are they that important to you?

David
They are not important to me, but that wasnt the question - I was just asking community if they had similar experience with passes posting before annual fee. Or perhaps thats how it works now and I missed the change.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
After a fair amount of confusion by Chase on what question I was actually asking, I did get someone who sounded like they knew what they were talking about to confirm: the "tracker" going to multiples of $12,000 resets to $0 each calendar year for each card.
SPN Lifer and CREN like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EP, United Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Davidl81
Same here. No idea what I did to get an extra 2,000 pqp (well I have spent a lot of money on the card, but nothing I can find that would have granted me an extra 2,000 pqp at one time), but I'll take it. It puts me at platinum and I will have enough PQP to be at 1k by the EOY, but I will not have enough flights. Too bad the PQP only with the card bonus miles does not count toward 1K.
i had this too but it seems to be gone now when I checked. Is your extra 2000 still there? Wondering if it was a glitch that got corrected.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by VTrain
i had this too but it seems to be gone now when I checked. Is your extra 2000 still there? Wondering if it was a glitch that got corrected.
Mine is gone as well. I am now at > 10,000 PQP, so still get Platinum. I wonder what would have happened if absent the additional 2,000 PQP I was below 10,000 PQP. Would UA put me back at Gold and take away my 40 PlusPoints?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:17 am

Programs: AA EP, United Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
Mine is gone as well. I am now at > 10,000 PQP, so still get Platinum. I wonder what would have happened if absent the additional 2,000 PQP I was below 10,000 PQP. Would UA put me back at Gold and take away my 40 PlusPoints?
For a little bit there I was thinking I had a shot at Platinum, needed 150 PQP and 1 United flight. Oh well.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:36 am

Yeah mine are gone. I'm still at Platinum, but really no shot at getting to 1k
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: United
500 PQP after $12K Chase Spend, when posting?

Anyone gotten this yet? How long after the monthly close did you see the 500 PQP once you spent 12K?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
In the PQM days, it was a month after the close of the billing period that earned the bonus.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
My first showed up in my account on 10Mar. My billing date is the 23rd of each month. I have not been billed $12k adding together Jan and Feb. so, it almost seems like you get it when total charges hit $12k regardless of billing date or payments. Maybe there are sweeps once a week or something to collect the data.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, Supersonic (BA1Y, BA1223)
It seems almost impossible to figure out when the credits will hit. Maybe its just a complex set of dates between the Chase and UA.
My statement period ends on the 28th with billing date on 25th, and last year PQP posted on 3/18, 6/24, 9/30, 11/11 and 12/2. Kinda all over the board.
This calendar year, I just went over $12k a week ago, but also had a bit over $4k spend in Dec 2021 (after the 12/2 PQP posting).
I cant really spot a trend in any of that, but maybe someone else can correlate a certain date.
I added in the part about the calendar year because I think I read somewhere in the T&Cs that it might matter.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by huey_driver; Mar 28, 2022 at 3:17 pm
Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:36 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
PQPs from Chase Club Infinite Card not posting

Mods.....Please move if there is a better place for this.

Has anyone had a problem with their 500 PQP bonus for every $12K in spend not posting on their UA account? I never had a problem with this in the past. The 500 PQPs always posted a few days after I crossed a $12K threshold. I earned 2000 bonus PQP through the Infinite Card in 2021. This year, I crossed the $12K threshold a month ago but the PQPs have not posted. I wrote to MP and they had no answer and suggested I call MP. So I called MP and they said they did not know what happened and suggested I call Chase. So I called Chase and they said that the PQPs should have posted weeks ago and have no idea why UA did not post the PQPs. But at least Chase elevated the issue, but no resolution yet. My card already cycled and all other miles showed up as usual, so the link to my account is fine.

Anyone have this happen? How was it resolved?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I crossed it in early March (paid to repipe my house on the CC), statement closed 2 days later and by the time I checked my account the following week I had the PQP.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by huey_driver
It seems almost impossible to figure out when the credits will hit. .
Well that's a bit of a problem for any considerations of timing across elite qualifying years. Wouldn't want a credit of 500 PQPs on Dec. 31 if you've already made whatever threshold you're getting to.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by drewguy
Well that's a bit of a problem for any considerations of timing across elite qualifying years. Wouldn't want a credit of 500 PQPs on Dec. 31 if you've already made whatever threshold you're getting to.
In the past it posted to the calendar year. The meter is based on calendar year spend.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
My card statement closes on the 8th of the month, and I got the PQPs 9 days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.