Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2021, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
UA 781 ORD-MSP 7/11 (scheduled 1h 25m) no wine in F due to “flight is too short” per FA. But UA’s food and drink menu tab in the app has wine/beer for purchase “all day” for “flights scheduled over 1 hour.” Any guesses as to why no wine in F?
I'll go with Lazy FA Excuses for $100 Alex.
MatthewLAX, st530, Dyce and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 2MM
UA 781 ORD-MSP 7/11 (scheduled 1h 25m) no wine in F due to “flight is too short” per FA. But UA’s food and drink menu tab in the app has wine/beer for purchase “all day” for “flights scheduled over 1 hour.” Any guesses as to why no wine in F?
Scheduled time is block time but (as has been discussed many times here) UA F&B offering is based off an average flight time metric, your flight was 57 minutes wheels up to wheels down and it looks like most other ORD-MSP flights are similar so I am guessing it is a catering decision and wine actually wasn't onboard (especially with the aircraft turning back to ORD) and not a case of the FA bring lazy
Old Jul 11, 2021, 12:09 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by N104UA
Scheduled time is block time but (as has been discussed many times here) UA F&B offering is based off an average flight time metric, your flight was 57 minutes wheels up to wheels down and it looks like most other ORD-MSP flights are similar so I am guessing it is a catering decision and wine actually wasn't onboard (especially with the aircraft turning back to ORD) and not a case of the FA bring lazy
ORD-MSP and v.v. is my most traveled route. There is always full beverage catering on these flights unless there is a catering mistake. Friends and I sometimes make a sport out of seeing how many drinks we can get on the flight (two gin minis or 2-3 beers is about average)
Old Jul 11, 2021, 8:24 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by United747
ORD-MSP and v.v. is my most traveled route. There is always full beverage catering on these flights unless there is a catering mistake. Friends and I sometimes make a sport out of seeing how many drinks we can get on the flight (two gin minis or 2-3 beers is about average)
I do a lot of ORD-CLE and yeah, typically get a double (usually I'm on about a 6pm flight), and half the time we may be like 20 minutes out and get asked if I want another.
United747 and Dyce like this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
7/10/21 SFO-HNL

French Toast or Eggs. Chose french toast which was a mistake. tiny little pieces of bread, and a white liquid sweet sauce that was terrible.

7/10/21 HNL-SFO

Choice of fried rice or chicken katsu. Chose the chicken katsu and it was really really good. Even had a nice aroma when I peeled off the foil cover. Gravy was nice and flavorful. Really well done. Almond to start is nice although wished it came in a warmed ramekin like before. Hawaiian Host milk chocolate was a really nice touch for dessert. Considering this was a 10:30pm departure and they served a full meal rather than a “snack” it’s nice although I can’t wait for ice cream sundaes to come back.

Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
French toast looks dismal, but the chicken katsu looks great! Glad to hear that it was very good.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 1:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VWang1111
... and a white liquid sweet sauce that was terrible. ...
Similar to the topping on a cinnamon roll? That is a style of french toast I have seen elsewhere, not my choice. Prefer maple syrupy
Old Jul 12, 2021, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Similar to the topping on a cinnamon roll? That is a style of french toast I have seen elsewhere, not my choice. Prefer maple syrupy
I would say yes. Basically watery melted icing consistency. Would have been fine with some nice syrupy condensed milk or maple syrup. Toast was soggy without the sauce, not even a little crispy on the outside.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 4:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VWang1111
... Toast was soggy without the sauce, not even a little crispy on the outside.
Consequence of keeping the lid on after heating.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
On ORD-SAN this morning was offered the banana waffle or egg chorizo. Since I hadn't checked out this thread beforehand I didn't go for the waffle, although they did smell good! The egg chorizo was tasty with salt and pepper, but would have greatly benefited from some hot sauce. Enjoyed the peach yogurt parfait and the cut fruit, which had a slice of honeydew that was perfectly ripe!
unitedbusiness and tstauck like this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zymm
On ORD-SAN this morning was offered the banana waffle or egg chorizo. Since I hadn't checked out this thread beforehand I didn't go for the waffle, although they did smell good!
Same choices this morning on the 8:55am ORD-DEN 772. I went with the banana waffle which not only smelled great but was pretty tasty, albeit sweet enough to be more like dessert.

The lemon wafer bites were a nice change.

Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Snack bag this morning on my 7am SYR-ORD mainline flight...

Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:28 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
Same choices this morning on the 8:55am ORD-DEN 772. I went with the banana waffle which not only smelled great but was pretty tasty, albeit sweet enough to be more like dessert.
I had the same thing this morning on ORD-IAH, and it was excellent. Best breakfast I've ever had on UA, and something I would have been happy with on the ground.
dilanesp likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I had the same thing this morning on ORD-IAH, and it was excellent. Best breakfast I've ever had on UA, and something I would have been happy with on the ground.
They had to do something with all the stroopwafel that the had on hand 😀
Dyce likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
ORD->MCO
777-300

Jazzed to find this plane doing an ORD<->MCO turn. Good use of PlusPoints, even though I bet a CPU would of cleared. But not taking the chance.
3 choices on offer. Tapas box, the cream cheese sandwich on everything bagel bread thing, or a "French Toast Egg Sandwich".

Not a bad little sandwich. Would get again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.