Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JAXPax
img

Can always wait until the United Club to get one of these gas station sandwiches like I had in IAH last night. It was less than horrible, but not great. Healthier by a bit.
Try putting the chips and perhaps some of the salsa in the sandwich.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by fumje
When the sandwiches were put out (maybe like 8 of them), they were all gone in about 90 seconds while the lukewarm pile of burritos was untouched, if that says anything.
Old May 23, 2021, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When the sandwiches were put out (maybe like 8 of them), they were all gone in about 90 seconds while the lukewarm pile of burritos was untouched, if that says anything.
I will guess it means "Mom's" roast beef is far more attractive than a prison burrito.
Old May 23, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
I will guess it means "Mom's" roast beef is far more attractive than a prison burrito.
They have a shelf life of 365 days apparently. They arrive frozen, just thaw and serve!
Old May 23, 2021, 3:42 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Brings be back to first grade when I would do that with the pack lunch my mom made each day.

Not sure that’s the memory United wants to bring up with their club offering…
Old May 23, 2021, 5:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb

Can always wait until the United Club to get one of these gas station sandwiches like I had in IAH last night. It was less than horrible, but not great. Healthier by a bit.
This reminds me to bring the little packets of Kewpie mayo with me on my flights in 3 weeks.
Old May 23, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PTahCha
This reminds me to bring the little packets of Kewpie mayo with me on my flights in 3 weeks.
I ll add a couple sachets of Dijon mustard.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
These are better than the heart attack sandwiches served onboard certainly but boy do they get old fast, especially when every club has them. Waiting for the "healthy and nutritious" changes UA said they were bringing along to their clubs.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 23, 2021 at 11:48 pm Reason: Will PM
Old May 24, 2021, 12:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
These are better than the heart attack sandwiches served onboard certainly but boy do they get old fast, especially when every club has them.
EWR has those sandwiches now? Would like to have seen them during my last few visits as I was getting pretty tired of their sparse offerings.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I'm not sure they thought through the proportion of people for whom "Like Mom's!" might not be a positive selling point!
DELee likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
SFO-JFK in J, about a week ago. 1pm departure. No PFB, but there was a round of drinks after takeoff and before lunch. Options were either the Thai chicken noodle or butternut squash ravioli. I wasn't feeling Thai, so I went for the ravioli. It was....fine. It did remind me of something similar I had in 2019 on SFO-LHR...in Y. The salad was pretty good. The pretzel roll was a bit floury. The mango sorbet was a bit hard but fine. There was also one final round of drinks before landing....for non-revs only.

mathgeek1978 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by char777
SFO-JFK in J, about a week ago. 1pm departure. No PFB, but there was a round of drinks after takeoff and before lunch. Options were either the Thai chicken noodle or butternut squash ravioli. I wasn't feeling Thai, so I went for the ravioli. It was....fine. It did remind me of something similar I had in 2019 on SFO-LHR...in Y. The salad was pretty good. The pretzel roll was a bit floury. The mango sorbet was a bit hard but fine. There was also one final round of drinks before landing....for non-revs only.

They served this on my OGG-SFO flight last week. My assessment is similar to yours. It was fine.

I had the Thai chicken on the outbound to HNL. That was better- it was delicious.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by char777

Are you saying non-revs only got the final round of drinks and the paying passengers were not offered??
Old Jun 2, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Are you saying non-revs only got the final round of drinks and the paying passengers were not offered??
There were four non-revs around me, they were offered "last call." I was not. I suppose I probably could have asked for a drink had I wanted one. The FA was somewhat friendly with them. The FA did, however, address me by name and made sure he got the pronunciation of my last name correct, so he was fine.

They must still be having trouble selling the SFO flight. I upgraded using miles, and it cleared more than a week out.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Late August, my OGG-SFO French toast was sans sausage. May 19th, same route, with sausage. The must’ve found them cleaning out the freezer.
EWR-SFO June 3rd French Toast w/o sausage. Real fruit: grapes, melon, pineapple
and blueberry non-fat yogurt.

Thought it was pretty good-didnt know it came with sausage at one point, could use something like that.

Also had a meal in Y+ on LAX-EWR June 2nd. Grilled chicken with corn-mash stuff(?) and brown gravy. Thought Y & Y+ were just a snack bag and the snacks for purchase, which they also had? Was seated in premium econ seats (not sold as that though)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.