FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
Old Jul 11, 2021, 12:09 pm
United747

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
UA 781 ORD-MSP 7/11 (scheduled 1h 25m) no wine in F due to “flight is too short” per FA. But UA’s food and drink menu tab in the app has wine/beer for purchase “all day” for “flights scheduled over 1 hour.” Any guesses as to why no wine in F?
Originally Posted by N104UA
Scheduled time is block time but (as has been discussed many times here) UA F&B offering is based off an average flight time metric, your flight was 57 minutes wheels up to wheels down and it looks like most other ORD-MSP flights are similar so I am guessing it is a catering decision and wine actually wasn't onboard (especially with the aircraft turning back to ORD) and not a case of the FA bring lazy
ORD-MSP and v.v. is my most traveled route. There is always full beverage catering on these flights unless there is a catering mistake. Friends and I sometimes make a sport out of seeing how many drinks we can get on the flight (two gin minis or 2-3 beers is about average)