Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Now See All Your Electronic Travel Credit(s) (ETCs) on Your United.com Account!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 6, 2020, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
To see your active ETCs (if shown), go to https://www.united.com/en/US/account
Right after the Account Summary and before Your Premier Progress

Also
Future Flight Credits (FFC) Available on My Trips page?

Print Wikipost

Now See All Your Electronic Travel Credit(s) (ETCs) on Your United.com Account!

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2020, 3:29 am

I couldn't see ETC section on my account either.
I received the following email, but I didn't make any cancellation or refund request
recently (did some in March, for which I expect to see travel credits on my account).
I guess this email is related to the rolling out of ETC info on united.com ..

We've received your request

Your patience means a great deal to us
Due to the impact the coronavirus has had on our customers' travel plans, we're getting an unprecedented number of customer service requests. We've received yours, but it’s taking us longer to reply than we'd like. Because of the volume, our goal is to respond in 21 business days. We've added team members to help with customer service requests and will process yours as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience.
Old May 8, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by raidersfan1
United issued me an electronic travel credit certificate last month for a canceled itinerary. They sent me the PIN with the ETC expiration date in an email. I am disappointed that there isn't a way to add this into my account without likely having to call, I assume, as it is not showing in my account.
Same.

Originally Posted by ichigen
I couldn't see ETC section on my account either.
I received the following email, but I didn't make any cancellation or refund request
recently (did some in March, for which I expect to see travel credits on my account).
I guess this email is related to the rolling out of ETC info on united.com ..
Same. I just figured they sent the email in error, but who knows…
Old May 8, 2020, 2:44 pm
st3

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Same.

Same. I just figured they sent the email in error, but who knows…
+1 Here as well. Got the same email yesterday and my ETCs don't show up. Maybe they flagged a bunch of accounts that needed them manually moved by a rep?
Old May 9, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by raidersfan1
United issued me an electronic travel credit certificate last month for a canceled itinerary. They sent me the PIN with the ETC expiration date in an email. I am disappointed that there isn't a way to add this into my account without likely having to call, I assume, as it is not showing in my account.
Just requested 3 ETCs. One online and it shows up online. Two by refund dept (I had questions so I had to talk to them and they processed them). These are not showing up. I don't want to bother them if they can't be added. Has anyone successfully had their "emailed" ETCs added to their account by customer service?
Old May 9, 2020, 2:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gayste
Just requested 3 ETCs. One online and it shows up online. Two by refund dept (I had questions so I had to talk to them and they processed them). These are not showing up. ....
ETCs done with an agent may need to be reviewed by Refund before activating. Unless you have received the PIN code, there are probably still under review (can take up to 3-4 weeks). It is best to do online if the option is offered online

If you have the PIN codes it may be the ETCs do not have your MP account associated with the ETCs. Not sure anyone has figured out how to fix that and not aware of any online add capability/
bluedemon211 likes this.
Old May 9, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
ETCs done with an agent may need to be reviewed by Refund before activating. Unless you have received the PIN code, there are probably still under review (can take up to 3-4 weeks). It is best to do online if the option is offered online

If you have the PIN codes it may be the ETCs do not have your MP account associated with the ETCs. Not sure anyone has figured out how to fix that and not aware of any online add capability/
Cancelled a flight on line this morning and requested an ETC. It was added to my account immediately. Really nice feature! If they could give us the capability to combine ETC's on line without bothering a CSR, that would be an A++
Weatherboy likes this.
Old May 10, 2020, 8:04 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
I would like to see my FFC's in that way. With clear amount and expiration date.
Old May 10, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Android update pushed last night. It's now available in Android versions as well under the Travel Credit section of the app. Note, Travel Credit is tucked into the Account section. Sample below:

Old May 10, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Note: not all ETCs are showing for all -- VDBs are not listed and appears some ETCs were issued without reference to a UA MP account
Would there be any benefit to calling and asking them to link it to my UA MP account, or is that not worth the effort?
Old May 10, 2020, 3:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
Android update pushed last night. ...
Been there for a few days now
With today's app update, 3.0.35 for Android, it now shows, just below PlusPoints expiration summary
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Would there be any benefit to calling and asking them to link it to my UA MP account, or is that not worth the effort?
Have not heard if agents can do this

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 10, 2020 at 4:21 pm Reason: typo
Old May 11, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I was very pleased to see the ETCs on the web and in the app! I had several service ETCs that were due to expire right about the time they extended, so I wasn't sure if they were within the period to be extended or not, which they now definitely are!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Been there for a few days now

Have not heard if agents can do this
I tried to get the Twitter agents to do this and at first they were confused (at what I was asking), but then they said they sent the request to IT. Still nothing. It would really be nice to see them all in the account so I don't forget about them.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Make sure to keep close tabs on each ETC (I use a spreadsheet to organize these things).... it gets a bit tricky when there are several of them issued.
United seems to have finally upped its game with regard to ETCs. I've found mine are now all listed in my account. That's in sharp contrast to just last year when they were nt displayed anywhere.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jjmoore
​​​​Make sure to keep close tabs on each ETC (I use a spreadsheet to organize these things).... it gets a bit tricky when there are several of them issued.
You can call UA and ask them to consolidate all outstanding ETCs into a single one. This makes it much easier to manage.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
United seems to have finally upped its game with regard to ETCs. I've found mine are now all listed in my account. That's in sharp contrast to just last year when they were nt displayed anywhere.
I noticed this too!! I'm really happy that they make this an easy thing. On the phone a week ago when I booked a ticket, the agent, without me asking, brought up that I have an unused ETC, so I know they can see them easily on their end too.

Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
You can call UA and ask them to consolidate all outstanding ETCs into a single one. This makes it much easier to manage.
This is what I ultimately do, and the agents typically will do this in conjunction with booking a new ticket.

I'm really happy with the way UA is handling flight credits!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.