Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Upgrade waitlist / display / clearing issues since PlusPoints changeover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Upgrade waitlist / display / clearing issues since PlusPoints changeover

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Skipped (Not enough points)

I just spent 20 min with a web support person. This person assured me that I should not worry about " Skipped (Not enough points)" display error (on App, "Upgrade - Skipped (InsufficientCredits")). On my reservation, the upgrade request was correct (1K agent said the same thing before she transferred me to web support), but my name is not on the visual upgrade standby list on App (by changing date on my phone to travel date and search for flight status). There is another list that we do not see but he said that my name is there. Anyway, he would send another request to IT department. If this display error disappears, I will update my post.

I will just to check the RN and PZ spaces every day and call 1K lines if not automatically cleared.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
The visual list

Originally Posted by jsloan
To whatever extent the list is actually working, that's correct.
I talked to a Web support person for 20 min today. He told me that there is another list with my name listed although there is a display error on my reservation ("Upgrade - Skipped"). My name is not on the visual list, however. He sent IT department for this bug fix. I would not trust the visual list completely at this point of PlusPoint upgrade system.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malgudi
Hah ... indeed (btw, the previous poster said all "Premier" customers, wasn't sure if it was that or everybody who has requested an upgrade).
On CPU-eligible flights, the list does, in fact, include all Premier customers.

Originally Posted by Kmxu
I talked to a Web support person for 20 min today. He told me that there is another list with my name listed although there is a display error on my reservation ("Upgrade - Skipped"). My name is not on the visual list, however. He sent IT department for this bug fix. I would not trust the visual list completely at this point of PlusPoint upgrade system.
That's the thing -- a list whose accuracy is suspect is virtually worthless. It was already bad enough with the visible vs. invisible lists, and now it seems worse.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by jsloan
On CPU-eligible flights, the list does, in fact, include all Premier customers.
Got it ... this is UA 1

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
It may still have some bugs, but I think they're moving in the right direction. I like being able to see the list before check-in. I do occasionally get upgrades, but this feature will enable me to better know if it might be a good idea to purchase an upgrade if I really want that seat.

By using the date trick on my phone, I just checked a flight in March where my wife and I are waitlisted for I (domestic portion of an international I-class trip), and sure enough we show up as #1 and #2 , with no one else on the list. Kind of a cool trick!
But the list is buggy as you can see from other posts and 3 months is an eternity, I wouldn't get too excited yet
Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by malgudi
Got it ... this is UA 1

3 months is an eternity, I wouldn't get too excited yet
I'm not expecting anything, but I have noticed that this particular flight often does open up with I availability a week or so before travel. So our chances aren't bad. It's a short flight, so no big deal if we don't clear.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:03 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Similar issue. My parents' PNR got split and only one of them is showing on flight status list. Called to confirm that they were both on the list and was told, after some research and calls, that they both were on the list, BUT the web and airport lists are different?

In other words, you could be number #1 on the list, but if someone's PNR glitched, then you could actually be a couple of rows lower..?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by mr8
Similar issue. My parents' PNR got split and only one of them is showing on flight status list. Called to confirm that they were both on the list and was told, after some research and calls, that they both were on the list, BUT the web and airport lists are different?

In other words, you could be number #1 on the list, but if someone's PNR glitched, then you could actually be a couple of rows lower..?
Check their reservations on the UA website to make sure both are listed as "upgrade requested". As I mentioned elsewhere, when my wife and I had our PNR split by UA, they only kept the upgrade request for one of us with the other going to "CPU eligible". Took the 1K desk a while to get it fixed.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:31 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Check their reservations on the UA website to make sure both are listed as "upgrade requested". As I mentioned elsewhere, when my wife and I had our PNR split by UA, they only kept the upgrade request for one of us with the other going to "CPU eligible". Took the 1K desk a while to get it fixed.
Upgrade requested is gone from one of the PNRs. I mentioned this when I called, but they said it wouldn’t show anymore since the upgrade is in airport control now, and that they were both on that list... weird thing is that they were both on the online list *before* they checked in!
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:26 pm

Recently I was #2 on the waitlist of a TPAC flight as displayed by the app. The upgrade was requested with a GPU but on 12/4 the GPU was converted to 40 +points so the upgrade was waitlisted with 40 +points. The flight went out with 3 empty business class seats and I was not upgraded.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B747SP
Recently I was #2 on the waitlist of a TPAC flight as displayed by the app. The upgrade was requested with a GPU but on 12/4 the GPU was converted to 40 +points so the upgrade was waitlisted with 40 +points. The flight went out with 3 empty business class seats and I was not upgraded.
Strongly suggest to write in and ask for clarification, possibly compensation.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The flight went out with 3 empty business class seats and I was not upgraded.
Was this a 772? What did the app say the cabin was booked to?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Strongly suggest to write in and ask for clarification, possibly compensation.
Did that, and was issued a $200 ETC, and was told that United would not provide an explanation for this specific incident but would forward the message to the appropriate team.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Was this a 772? What did the app say the cabin was booked to?
Yes a 772 in old config. App said booked to 49+1 blocked, and later 46+1 blocked when the cabin doors were closed. Seat map showed 3 J empty seats and my friend in the front cabin confirmed that 3 seats were indeed empty. I actually asked the flight attendant before we pushed back from the gate, but he said that there was nothing he could do if the gate agents did not clear my upgrade.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes a 772 in old config. App said booked to 49+1 blocked, and later 46+1 blocked when the cabin doors were closed. Seat map showed 3 J empty seats and my friend in the front cabin confirmed that 3 seats were indeed empty. I actually asked the flight attendant before we pushed back from the gate, but he said that there was nothing he could do if the gate agents did not clear my upgrade.
Ouch. No credible explanation other than GA fail. Which station?
Did that, and was issued a $200 ETC, and was told that United would not provide an explanation for this specific incident but would forward the message to the appropriate team.
Seems a bit thin compared to the downgrade comp schedule.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
I just spent 20 min with a web support person. This person assured me that I should not worry about " Skipped (Not enough points)" display error (on App, "Upgrade - Skipped (InsufficientCredits")). On my reservation, the upgrade request was correct (1K agent said the same thing before she transferred me to web support), but my name is not on the visual upgrade standby list on App (by changing date on my phone to travel date and search for flight status). There is another list that we do not see but he said that my name is there. Anyway, he would send another request to IT department. If this display error disappears, I will update my post.

I will just to check the RN and PZ spaces every day and call 1K lines if not automatically cleared.
Checking is a good plan, I was given the same excuse by web support and when I got to the airport the GA said I wasn't on the upgrade list at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.