Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Unconfirmed] UA Preparing to Sell E+ at Booking as Separate Cabin (like DL C+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Unconfirmed] UA Preparing to Sell E+ at Booking as Separate Cabin (like DL C+)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by hudsonlaluna
Does this mean United is no longer offering Economy Plus to their 1K members for free, and now we have to pay extra for Economy Plus?
No, it does not.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I fully expect this foreshadows changes to the elite E+ benefit, along the lines of what DL does.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Only a matter of time, it doesn't take an Einstein to work out where they are heading with it. Still, it's their business so they can do what they like.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: UA MM
I couldn't find this in another thread but as a 1K when I do a domestic flight search, usually the results come back with columns "Basic Economy, Economy, Flexible Economy, and Business/First". However today is the first time there was a new column "Economy Fare + Extra Legroom" with higher fares posted than the regular "Economy" column.

Does this mean United is no longer offering Economy Plus to their 1K members for free, and now we have to pay extra for Economy Plus?

Thanks
By chance were you not logged in to your MP account when you did the flight search? If that was the case, the website would not have known a 1K member was performing the search.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I couldn't find this in another thread but as a 1K when I do a domestic flight search, usually the results come back with columns "Basic Economy, Economy, Flexible Economy, and Business/First". However today is the first time there was a new column "Economy Fare + Extra Legroom" with higher fares posted than the regular "Economy" column.

Thanks
Route? Not finding any new fare filings.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
Route? Not finding any new fare filings.
I hope UA is not creating a new fare class. If this goes the way of DL that would really suck.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, Omni
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
By chance were you not logged in to your MP account when you did the flight search? If that was the case, the website would not have known a 1K member was performing the search.
Actually I was logged in, but it was the day the United website was wonky and so I don't think it recognized my 1K status. I closed out the browser and opened another and then was able to search and book a one-way EWR-PHX with the regular columns showing up, including the ability to choose E+ seats.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Actually I was logged in, but it was the day the United website was wonky and so I don't think it recognized my 1K status. I closed out the browser and opened another and then was able to search and book a one-way EWR-PHX with the regular columns showing up, including the ability to choose E+ seats.
Sounds like you got a test screen that was inadvertently live.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Everything is being monetized/devalued (relative to what we have now) it is just a question of the timescale.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
I am really happy that this thread died out (hopefully meaning E+ in a separate booking class is being abandoned by UA).

Anyone out there still seeing E+ being sold separately?
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.